Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my approval Friday and now I am waiting for the surgery scheduling nurse to call me to setup my surgery date. I do not have mixed feelings about doing the surgery, I am more than ready. But last night I could not sleep just thinking about surgery and if I was going to be able to handle everything, or if I was going to be that one person who was regretting the surgery the next day. Its a scary step that I know I need, I am ready for a new life style. I am leaving everything in God's hands. I just can't help having all these feelings excited, nervous, and sick to my stomach.

Hang in there! Do the best that you can do ensure a positive outcome and then just let go.

Hang in there! Do the best that you can do ensure a positive outcome and then just let go.

Yes postive thoughts, this is what is best for me ????

I regretted surgery for about 2 weeks. I think the idea of chopping out my stomach freaked me out because it's such a permanent solution and then I was massively sick for the entire first week. I remember talking to my friend on the phone saying "omg, what if I just ruined my life?". I am now 15 months out, 104 pounds down, and I am 100% happy with my decision, even though I am reminded every single day that I only have 20% of a stomach. So..be prepared to regret it a little at first, but I think for most of us, it ends up being something we are happy with.

LOL! You're worried you're going to be "that one person who was regretting surgery the next day"?

Honey, almost EVERYBODY feels like that on Day Two or Day Three. Until that moment this surgery is only theoretical.

And then we remember WHY we let them cut 85% of our stomach out and we move on. In a few weeks we're drinking easier and eating real food and feeling better.

I like to compare the first couple weeks after surgery to going through labor. It can be pretty hard going through it, but you know the end result is totally worth it :)

My first thoughts as I became aware I was being wheeled out of recovery and to my room was "what the hell did I just do?" and "please let me go back to the OR and put it back." For me I had been so sure surgery was what I wanted. I think it's natural to second guess a major decision like that. I'm almost 7 weeks post op and things are going well.

@@619Raf It's all normal and nerve racking but you will be just fine!

I'm heading on my new journey in 2weeks. Mixed feelings? Heck yes!!

I think it is a good sign to have mixed feelings! It shows that we are mentally sparring with ourselves and having a good, thoughtful internal conversation to determine whether or not we are mentally ready.

That is my 2 cents anyway. I know that if I didn't have these mixed feelings, that would mean I was jumping to a decision too quickly and might not quite be ready.

But, since I have now been talking to myself for several months, and successfully defending my own decision to myself, I know I'm ready!

:lol:

My surgery is coming up on Thursday and I'd call my emotions and nerves like a bowl of potpourri. None of them are the same, and they are all mixed up in one day. More than anything I am ready to move forward, optimistically, but I've also accepted the fact that complications can happen. I pray that they won't, and I have strong faith, but it's all in God's control now. Be strong and remember why you're doing this. Love and light!

I think everyone handles nerves differently Some need external anxiety meds, some have the jitters. Me? I'm a list maker. Once I decided to do this it was: research, make a list of what needs to be done. Once I was certain I had chosen the right doctor/program for me & had made sure I did everything I could for a positive outcome, I was fine. Like I said before, I said my prayer and was good. When I woke up feeling much better than I expected and almost no pain, I was happy. I have no had one single moment of regret.

@@BLERDgirl

OMG I am a list-maker, too! I have been planning out my outfits for travel (& surgery), makeup (or lack thereof during recovery), and list everything by category for packing. Then, I plan where I will be going at the airports (mani/pedi instead of the usual bar or restaurant). Then come the post-op meal plans, snack plans, grocery lists....and so it goes on. Shoot, maybe I should get the meds, eh?

a7a2ed6dc1509a8c0eed3a20a3c1c6ee.jpg