Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Yes Juli that is absolutely it. I can eat anything I want and maintain. But I don't want to maintain, I want to lose. And in order to lose I have to be low carb. I cannot do it any other way. It really is the only thing that works well for me. I have only lost like 10 pounds this whole summer. Pathetic really. And I cannot eat cheesecake for lunch if I want to lose weight. I just want to be at goal and eat like a normal person. One who does not have to worry about eating that piece of cheesecake.

marshmallows are a fat free food. Plus if you eat them during a eating competetition the calories do not count.

Funny how all we ate was a combined 6 marshmallows. I think that is about 1 serving each lol.

Yeah,

My head is in a fog in regard to my food. I'm stopping at Starbucks more often and snacking on crackers like I know I shouldn't. Starbucks is no-fat, but the milk has calories and the caffeine is devine....drooling

I track my food for a day or two but then I miss a day. It's such a bother, but I know it's what I have to do. I'm trying again to commit to tracking. That inveriably makes me do better.

Do we ever get to eat like normal people? Or do normal people eat that cheesecake and not much else for the rest of day? Aren't we pathetic....

I felt so shitty Saturday night with the chocolate and marshmallows, I don't know that I'll be eating them again. It could have been something else, but I'm blaming the uber sugar load.

Okay, up beat----

So the Y, do they have child care? Do your kids swim? Sounds like a blast. I know the newer Y's are fantastic. Is you DH getting involved too?

Renee was good to me yesterday. Today is balance and arms. I'm actually looking forward to it. She put heavier weights in my hands yesterday than I thought I could do, and I did it!!! That was a good feeling. I might not have a butt that can be made to look hot, but I can get the arms, shoulders and back of my dreams. I know I can!

Yes DH is going too and they have child care which is awesome. It is really, really nice. They have swimming and lessons, they have a climbing wall which I plan on beating DH to the top of in about 6 months.

I am bad about tracking but if I do it, it does work. If I plan ahead I am usually ok. But if I don't then I get screwed.

I heart marshmallows so I don't feel bad about it. It was good and normal people do eat marshmalllows when they camp. I think one day we can be normal. When normal people diet, they diet just like us. It just seems more hopeless for us because we have so much farther to go than normal people. Only 15 pounds to lose sounds like a dream to us because we have had to lose well over 100. It is easier for them and when we get there it will be easier for us.

god, it was like you guys read my mind!!! What you guys are talking about is EXACTLY what I was telling you all. I feel like shit. I have lost 5 pounds since my fill and I am tight. What is up with that. I am almost half tempted to get some taken out. I know my exercise has gone down the tubes since school, but shit....I feel like a loser. Like when i used to go to WW and then it would be great for about three months and then all of a sudden I would jump off the deep end and start eating again....lots of food. I feel like I am at the place right now. I just want to give up. I am tired of getting stuck. I am tired of not being able to eat a whole cake if I want it. I am just tired of it all. It sounds like maybe it is the changing of the seasons doing it cuz I am not the only one struggling. Hugs to you all!!!!It is damn hard. Damn hard to stay that focused on the weight loss for so long. Well, it feels a bit better to at least say it.

You know what though D? The good thing about this band is even if we have to give up for awhile we are not going to pack it all back on again. Plus we are all kind of getting out of our honeymoon period. It is starting to suck now and we have to start finding new ways to cope with life instead of feeding ourselves. I have managed to avoid the carbs all day now. Right now at this moment I feel good about it. I was upset earlier but I know if I can just get through the moment it will feel better. That's what we all have to work on, getting through the moment.

I heart you all.

Hello everyone, I am home now finally!

I now have 5CCs of fill woo hoo!

Note to self; that funky static noise that you think is coming from your radio could be a BikeE dragging behind your truck. I will send pics tomorrow.

We have a new toy alert!!!!! Yes, my son is the proud new owner of my old Marin San Marino.

I have a brand spanking new Specialized Sirrius Comp.

JC

post-219402-1381313552711_thumb.jpg

post-219402-13813135527438_thumb.jpg

Cool JC!!! You are such a material guy!!! LOL

BG, yes, you are sooo right about finding other things to do now!!! But what??? LOL...I bet my DH could think of a few things I could be doing......

JC, so how is your restriction tonight?

D, I am glad to be home. I had no intentions of buying that bike but I was dropping the Blue BikeE off to get new tires ad tubes. I am still pissed at that bike for not being ready to ride. I honestly believe I would have completed the 40 miles easily with the blue bike. While I was at the LBS I started talking to one of the guys about transitioning away from recumbents then next thing I know...... New TOY!!!!!

I plan on riding it tomorrow. I honestly did not mean to drag the other BikeE 5 miles down the road even if I was mad at it!

I have some restriction I m not super tight though.

JC

JC

I can't believe you dragged your bike. That's kind of funny.

Yeah, it's about time for you to get your ass in gear and ride a real bike. Instead of lounging and peddeling at the same time.

New bike looks sweet.

I got to looking at my old food logs trying to see how I was eating when I was losing better, so I'm trying to relive some of those days with my food.

It's not all together bad, things like adding fruit not granola to my yogurt and drinking tea, not coffee in the morning. At any rate, I'm 5 pounds behind my monthly goal of 10 pounds, and I need to dig a little deeper.

It's not the workouts, it's the food. So here we go.

Speaking of workouts, I lifted weights last night. I am not as sore as I expected to be.

They have this sweet computerized program at the Y called Fitlinx. You go meet with a personal trainer and they set up your account and set you up to use all the machines. You get a number that you punch in on a little computer at each machine and once you do that all of your workout info is logged in the computer. It tells you how much you should be lifting, if you need to slow down, your previous stats for the machine, keeps track of your sets and how many reps you have done in each set. Then on the main login computer you can add in your cardio workouts and log all of that too. When you are done it tells you how much weight you have lifted total (8,500 lbs for me yesterday). All in all it is pretty effing sweet.

JC....Cool new bike....wow.....I am way jealous...looks like I need to start my savings fund again.....

Glad you made it home ok, still cant wait to see all the pictures from the trip....

I am going for my fill this afternoon....kind of excited to go. John is going with me instead of staying here at work, which I am glad. It has been raining and I hate driving in the rain.

Have a good day everyone