Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hi D - was out having lunch and a movie with my wife. I hear ya on the weight loss priority. It's one of the topics that I brought up with my shrink the other day. Work, school, etc., all seem to take priority after some intial "honeymoon" period. Hope you're feeling better.

BG, HP, J, CP - hope you had a fun and safe trip. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back home.

B

Hey guys looks like I am the first one home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D and B we spent a lot of time talking about you guys wishing you were there. Hope you guys had a great weekend.

Let's see so much to say so little time. I managed to make it home in time for the Lions game since we all know that is top priority. The trip down for me sucked. Yahoo and mapquest have 20 year old direction on there and led me to a road that no longer exists. But due to me keen sense of direction and a whole lotta dumb luck I made there safe and sound. There was construction much of the way and a 3 hour drive took me a little over 4 hours.

The ride was awesome!!!! Absolutely cool as hell. J taught us all about proper group riding and yelling out for things to warn other riders (car up, car down, bra, panties, shit). We got to see a whole bunch of horses and buggies and JC spent some time in the jacuzzi with three amish bitches. The girls got along great and Korrine had such a good time.

I am so glad I got to meet you all. I had the best time this weekend and I can't wait to do it again. (Sleep Inn next time right J?)

BG, Out ran me again. J, BG, I am not worthy. I had a great time! Amish bitches Rock! To sum it up I left late hit sub-tropic storms in Georgia, Slid truck sideways on the Interstate more than once. Bombed on the 40. Otherwise had a great time and would do it again. J, HP hope you get home safe. As for me Beaufort South Carolina brace yourself here I come!

JC

BG, I sure hope you are taking deeeeep breathes, I just saw the sports ticker HOLY HELL. Detroit WTF?Ok so I am continuing to be a wimp. I am laid up in a Comfort Suites soaking up the A/C watching NASCAR and surfing the web. YeeHaw!JC

I’m home earlier than expected because I inadvertently threw away the directions to my Dad’s house and my phone was dead. My name is mud with him and siblings, but I wasn’t about to drive to southwest Indiana and lost out in the sticks, again. Really I feel horrible about it, but I didn’t know what to do. Everyone’s numbers are in my phone and I was too tired to problem solve my way out it. So I drove home.

Like BG, my directions to the campsite had me run into a dead end road. I was tooling around rural Indiana in the dark Friday night and not very happy about it. Biking in rural Indiana is beautiful. I like it much better in the light of the day.

We all hit it off really well and JC isn’t as creepy at all. That was mean. I never thought he’d be creepy. He is pretty funny and full of good stories.

Traci (HP) and her husband are also great to sit around a fire with and hear their stories. Half of which it HP swears her husband makes up. It’s pretty cute. When their daughter chimes in too, to the family tales, it makes for a great time.

Stacy (BG) is a smart ass. ODB fell off her car on the way there. We need to have a memorial service for him. Our little girls got along well, which was fantastic.

Okay about the ride.

It was rolling for the most part but the hills weren’t too steep. There were a few long stretches that were flat. There were also some parts that were gravel which I think is poor planning on the part of the ride coordinators because those SUCKED ASS. That’s a quote from Stacy.

We saw a bra on the side of the road. 150 feet later we saw matching panties. Makes you wonder…We saw many horses and other agri businesses. We maneuvered around lots of horse shit and road kill. We were in Amish country and passed a few people driving by in buggies.

The ride was cool. BG and HP did their first 40!!! JC died at 30 which is respectable considering the man has never even seen a hill before, let alone ride one.

I’d ride with these fine folks again in a heartbeat. However, next time I’m staying at a hotel.

Only because I know you've posted other pictures on here do I post these now. Otherwise I'd be asking permission before hand....

These were before the ride yesterday. After the ride we were too damn tired to take pictures!TraciC.jpgJodyc.jpgBGC.jpg

Jco.jpg

BG2C.jpg

I could kill you for posting the ass picture!!!!!!!!!! And in the full frontal (haha I said full frontal) you can see that I had my shirt on backwards (tag on my neck lol). You dumbasses could have told me so lol.

Yeah ODB took a dive onto the freeway at about 85mph on the Michigan/Indiana border. But he is fixable. So until I get blessed with a road bike ODB will live on.

Oh and I also totally heart the Magic Wand. As for the Lions...well every team has a bad week. My dad was making fun of them and I said hey they could still go 15-1. He said he would pay me $5000 if that happened. So everyone pray for me and the Lions lol.

Great pics J, I didn't realize just how damn good looking I am! No wonder the Amish chicks couldn't get enough of me! LOL kidding.

BG, consider the Lions prayed for.

D, B, how are you guys doing?

JC

Well, we made it home, we were all tired from driving, but otherwise energized.

We left out of our area on friday around 1030 or so, and actually didnt leave for another hour. Gas, eat, etc...

We didnt think we were ever going to get there, but we did not get lost....WOOHOOO

We had camp all set up and got to get in about 5 miles or so on the bikes through the campground checking stuff out...it was a wonderful night.

Stacy was the next to arrive....which we had been on our bikes when she called.

Julie came next and we were gone when she got there, but by the time we got back, she already had her tent up. The last and most tied to roll in was Jody. Man you win the BUT award for the weekend. You went through allot to get here, and it meant allot to us for you to share the roads with us.....

The ride from our view was magnificent. John and I had been riding some scenic areas around our house for the past several months. Started out only doing about 5 miles, and the most we had done was 27.6. Some days we would ride back to back trips(sat and sun)

We usually try and get in at least 20 miles in a ride time permmiting of course.

So, yesterday we sat out with a goal to FINISH. I had a wonderful time enjoying the road with new people, and the people there in ALLAN county were very informative about the area and nice to talk to. Our favorite stop was the covered bridge, wish we could of stuck around a little longer to check it out, but the road called us back onto it. At that point, I asked the SAG support for there cell just in case I couldnt make it....he was very very nice/

John and I would make several stops to talk to some of the Amish and look at the horses, and just enjoy the scenry of the county.

John and I came upon someone walking there bike, and lol and behold it was Jody.....he had gotten a real bad cramp and could not work it out. So I called Ron from SAG..and He thought it was going to be ME that needed the ride...HAHA Had him fooled.

So, we stayed with him until Ron got back, and than went ahead to finish.

John hollerd at the 40 mile mark, we were about done...and I hollered back...NOOOO....it said 41.7!!!!!

But we made it back in and I was very glad to of made it!!!

Of course speed demons were already done with the meal they served and ready for there naps!! We took the scenic way back to the campground....trying to prove to himself he could follow the nice peoples instructions...HAHAH

The evening took us to Walmart for some supplies...and a trip through the park checking the numerous lakes out.

The campground was ok, kinda strickt which was very annoying...

Cold at night which made for wonderful sleeping weather.

We spent the morning talking to Jody and both left around the same time...

Wonderful weekend...and excellent ride, with excllent support from everyone at ALLAN county.

Think of it as a caves picture. Look at your rock hard legs! And your ass isn't big. Ask Alison. She called you tiny, remember.

As for the shirt I thought that was intentional. I don't know what you kids today wear.

JC, you are one hot dude.

HP, are you home yet?

D and B we missed you.

The last and most tied to roll in was Jody. Man you win the BUT award for the weekend. You went through allot to get here, and it meant allot to us for you to share the roads with us.....

OK>>>SUPPOSED TO SAY TIRED.....AND NOT BUTT AWARD....WHAT THE HECK.....

GREAT PICTURES OF EVERYONE...WISH WE WOULD OF GOTTEN A GROUP SHOT...BUT OH WELL

Jody,

If You Have Some Good Photos, Can You Send Them To Me>>>

Thanks!!!

J, I think we are all HOT! We ROCK!

HP, I am about to sack out I will send pics to all when my brain is working a little better!

Good Night Everyone.

JC

One last thought, BG called us dumbasses and she's the one with the shirt on backwards! lol

Seriously, thats like putting up a gate and locking it without a fence!

JC