Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Well ok ...but it sure felt like it weighed more...I know the law of science is not in my favor on this one...but a rock hard thing of Water sure seems heavier than a full bottle of liquid...LOL

Oh well....

Gorgeous day here....I am excited to leave at a normal time and get a ride in....

B,

You know I'm hoarding time for surgery this summer so I'm not going to make it to the conference. I wish I could go, I bet it would be amazing to be around a bunch of Lapband folk.

Would you come to my graduation???

Wouldn't that be a riot? Everyone, including me, would be like, who is that guy with the boston/texas accent?

Sorry that we won't be able to get together in October - but I do understand the need to prioritize (just wish I was better at it...) I would definitely come to your gradation, if you would invite me... I wouldn't want to crash anybody's party, though. Too funny - I have no accent.

Sorry you're feeling puny - that's no fun. Hope you're feeling better today...

B

Well ok ...but it sure felt like it weighed more...I know the law of science is not in my favor on this one...but a rock hard thing of Water sure seems heavier than a full bottle of liquid...LOL

Oh well....

Gorgeous day here....I am excited to leave at a normal time and get a ride in....

Bah - science shmience :confused:

I had to go and look that up, the frozen Water weight, etc. Yeah a frozen bottle of water will weight the same as the liquid.

What's funny is because it expands as it freezes, if you measured it after it was frozen a liter of liquid water weighs more than a liter of ice.

Who knew?

Well apparently our smart girl BG is on her game.

ANyone been doing any riding???????

We are riding in a event this weekend called the Bridge to Bridge or Blue Herron Fest. It spans across two States. it is a 80 miler...will be my first...

Than I have 1 more week and I am gone for a whole month...cant beleive it...wow...But...the postive note, is my bike is coming along with me....YA!!!

Well, Hope all are having a great wednesday

I had to go and look that up, the frozen Water weight, etc. Yeah a frozen bottle of water will weight the same as the liquid.

What's funny is because it expands as it freezes, if you measured it after it was frozen a liter of liquid water weighs more than a liter of ice.

Who knew?

Well apparently our smart girl BG is on her game.

and how bout this: whether you are carrying the water on your bike or if you have already drank it, you are still carrying the weight! (until your bladder complains, of course). :confused:

I usually perspire enough that there is still a net loss in total weight on bike - but, yeah - total weight will not be ~4 pounds less if you drink 2l of Water on a ride...

B

ANyone been doing any riding???????

No riding for me this week - I've been entertaining clients every night. I am very happy with my current fill level. For the first time, i think my band is working the way I anticipated. Each night this week, I was able to go to a restaurant, order a reasonable meal, eat a very small portion until I felt full, but I never got stuck or had to make the made bulimic dash. After a week of dining out, drinking, smoking cigars, and not exercising, I weigh exactly the same amount as I did on Monday morning, before all the festivities began. All-in-all, I call that a damn good outcome.

Hope everybody else had a good week and that you are able to get out and ride some this weekend - will be back on the mountain bike this weekend - seems to be a very time-effective way to get a good workout.

B

Well, I am pleased to say...I made it!! I did my first 80 mile ride...the route was hilly at the first with it going from rolling hills, to downright hills. Then after the 2 sag stop, it became flat as we crossed into Kentucky across one of the bridges. Then most of Kentucky was flat, which at that point I thought I would like it to give me a good chance to rest up...but at that point the mind started playing tricks on me. When I hit 50 miles (which is all I had ever done) I think It was telling me I couldnt go any longer. I wanted to stop soooo bad. I had a little argument with myself out there, and then re grouped. I ended up going across the 2 bridge that took me back into Indiana and had just around 10 miles left to go. we battled head wind ont the flats of Kentucky as well as the last 10 miles. But...all the mattered was I MADE IT!

Very pleased...dead tired last night...but felt real good about the ride.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend......

thanks!! I felt really good about it...I usually only ride around 25-35 miles at a time, and last weekend was my first 50. So.....I really was excited to of finished....

Here is some of the shots from the ride....

post-218103-13813137663441_thumb.jpg

post-218103-13813137663734_thumb.jpg

post-218103-13813137664033_thumb.jpg

post-218103-13813137664299_thumb.jpg

Congrats Traci

Here are some pics from my Friday. Thankfully I have now recovered from what was my worst hangover ever. Funny how this damn band will make me puke up a cheeseburger but when I want to throw up excess amounts of alcohol it just leaves me with the dry heaves.

There are more pics on my myspace.

MySpace.com - Stacy~Australian for Beer - 28 - Female - Taylor, Michigan - www.myspace.com/mythbusterstacy

post-213479-13813137665562_thumb.jpg

post-213479-13813137665854_thumb.jpg

post-213479-13813137666137_thumb.jpg