Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cz? diamond? white topaz?

Do you wear cz? Do you have to have the real thing? Do you wear some other diamond substitute? Do you not care about jewelry at all?

What do you wear? What do you like? What does your conscience allow you tobuy?

Evilah

My wedding and engagement rings are diamond - a solitaire with channel set diamonds either side and the wedding ring is a made to fit band with channel set diamonds.

I wouldnt have a problem in the world with cubic zirconias - in fact you can get really good CZ's which are not cheap at all and they're beautiful, as beautiful as diamonds. But only diamonds are hard enough to withstand being worn day in day out for 50 years or more. Even other stones such as sapphires and emeralds will wear more than a diamond.

I'm not a huge fan of coloured stones, they're OK for occasional jewellery but I wouldnt choose them for my wedding or engagement rings. That's just personal taste though. I guess I'd do rubies or topaz, not fond of emeralds and sapphires.

What does my conscience allow me to buy? Nothing at the moment. We're in the middle of raising children, there's just no way known I would buy myself an expensive piece of jewellery. I'm not overly into it anyway, I dont like that dripping in gold look and one of my pet hates is rings on every finger, I really dont like it. Rings go on ring fingers! One pair of earrings is all I'd wear, dont like multiple earrings in each ear. I'm a less is more kind of girl and tend to follow that look in the mirror and take one thing off kind of rule.

I really dislike neck jewellery. I never ever wear necklaces.

I dont own a lot. I wear a wedding and engagement ring, on my other hand I have my grandmother's engagement ring with is a beautiful platinum and diamond solitaire about a carat in size and earrings - I have lots of cheap beady earrings, but also own a pair of gold ball earrings, and a really lovely pair of diamond studs. That's it. I dont particularly lust after more at the moment, too many important things to spend my money on.

I have a channel set wedding ring. I need that real deal on my wedding finger but that's just me.

I like CZ's for cocktail jewelry but I seldom wear that. I love gold. The gems gotta be real.

I'm not big into jewelry either. The diamond on my engagement ring is from my grandmother's engagement ring that she gave me on the occasion of my first engagement. It's an old-mine stone that I've had reset more than once. Both of my husbands gave me enhancers for the ring when we got engaged, rather than new rings; the one I have now is sapphire and diamond. (I had the diamond enhancer from my first marriage made into earring jackets.) I also wear a necklace with two gold charms; one a seagull my DH gave me on our first Valentine's day, and the other a mother-and-child from my first mother's day. I have other charms for the necklace but I almost never change them.

My DH loves to buy me jewelry on the rare occasions when he can, and it's always real and small. I have a great collection of small, dignified earrings that I love--from opals to amethysts to garnets to diamonds to alexandrite to pearls. He's had a couple of pairs designed for me, too. But my ring and necklace are always on me; they don't come off.

Our 12th wedding anniversary is next month--there's a little box in his nightstand that he doesn't know I know is there. I haven't looked in it, though. I like surprises. :biggrin1:

I love jewelry but it has to be the real thing. I never buy any thing under 14k gold and I always get genuine stones. I don't like the fake stuff. Because my family and hubby know this I have loads of beautiful pieces and I'm only 26! I better have a daughter some day to give it all to. Plus I have 2 strands of pearls given by different people on different occasions...I wear it all, rings, necklaces, earrings. But not all at once, usually just 1 ring on my right hand and my wedding ring (6 small round diamonds on my band and 4 small round diamonds set around 1 large diamond on my engagement ring) on the other. But I love all kinds of colored semi precious stones as well as others like jade, turquoise, etc.

I even have a set I call my patriotic set thats a ring with sapphires and rubies and a small diamond star in the middle, and a matching necklace and earrings. Hubby is always buying me new jewlery....he just doesn't know it yet :kiss www.ice.com is a great place. Their prices are fair and they are always running promotions and the quality is great.

I love jewelry and have a large collection but it's all the real deal and that's what I prefer. Currently, all of my money goes to PhD tuition payments so vacations and spending on unnecessary items has been on hold.

I love the real thing but dont have a problem with cz. My husband bought me a lovely solitaire for my 40th birthday and you can't beat the sparkle of a beautiful diamond.

I was the only daughter of a woman who loved jewelry, and I've had 3 husbands with limited imaginations. So I have a lot of nice jewelry.

I wear 3 or 4 rings all the time. My girlfriend (from Rochester) calls it "Texas gauche"...LOL

I have diamond rings, emeralds, fire opal, blue topaz (my birthstone), and amethyst. I also have several gold chains and pendants, charms, etc. with rubies and other stones, and a diamond and gold Bracelet.< /span>

I have a 14 K gold watch because base metal breaks me out. But I would wear CZs in a heartbeat if they were in a quality setting that I liked. I love big, gaudy earrings!

I don't care as long as it looks cute!

My diamond fell out of my engagment ring and since we do not have the money to waste on another diamond DH bought me a beautiful 2.5 carat princess cut Diamonique ring from QVC. I absolutly love it and everyone that sees it thinks it looks real. I couldn't care less about the price or whether it is real or not. I would rather spend my money on something useful, not something I look at.

I have never been into diamonds. I do have a few diamond rings that have been given to me by older relatives, however, I never wear them.

A few years ago I read a National Geographic article about how manufactured diamonds are so much like the natural ones that the only way they can be identified is when a certain wavelength of ultraviolet light is shone on them. One of them (I can't remember which) glows for a split second after the light is turned off. In the article there were quotes from somebody that this was terrible because people would then not know if their diamond was "real" or not. I don't understand this. If the manufactured ones are alike in every way, beauty and hardness etc, I would be inclined to want them as opposed to the natural ones. I've seen the environmental mess that diamond mines create.

When I got married, as a young hippie chick living in a different country, we used a plain brass band we bought in an Algerian market. I wore it for a few days until my finger turned green. I still have it somewhere. I do have a funky Indian looking gold band that we bought a few years later.

I have a real golden topaz ring that my parents gave me when I was a teenager. I understand that that colour are not available anymore.

For the last 30 years I have worn a silver chain with a small "om" pendant on it. I take it off occasionally when I dress up. Then I'll wear the funky Tibetan type of stuff with old silver and carnelian or something like that.

As for earrings, anything groovy and dangly. I don't even own a pair of studs.

I've avoided watching that movie for that very reason...I'm probably a witch for it, but I like my diamonds and I don't want to feel guilty for wearing them. :paranoid

I've avoided watching that movie for that very reason...I'm probably a witch for it, but I like my diamonds and I don't want to feel guilty for wearing them. :paranoid

You don't have to feel guilty. Who knew? But not seeing the movie won't change the reality. It really is tragic....and for what, some shiny rocks?

I don't have a problem with lab manufactured stuff.

I do love my diamond ring. Its a beauty too, a high quality pear cut solitaire. And I also always wear my wedding ring, a platinum band with beautiful floral engravings (diamond ring is also platinum).

I like real stuff and sometimes it maters, like in pearls. Real pearls aren't that expensive (well it depends on the kind) but fake ones sure do look fake. I also like CZ. I buy cheap jewlery for just whatever wear, like nose rings. I like my dangly earrings too. I like colored crystals. I think real stuff looks nice and I like it but right now my preference for jewlery (and I'm not that into jewlery) is pretty low on the budget. I'm not generally fond of gold toned stuff. I prefer silver, platinum, or white gold. One of my fav designers for pretty peices that are colorful is michal negrin-- I got my wedding earrings and necklace from her line and I wear them sometimes and always feel good when I do.

Currently I have been spending some money on makeup, which I don't normally wear because I read before that women who do wear makeup are taken more seriously and that appearance really does matter and stuff like that. This surprises me, but I guess its worth a try. I'd rather have pretty jewelry, but I guess makeup might be more important.