Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I honestly feel like I'm being stupid, but I'm not sure exactly what I need to hear or want to hear. So figured I would throw it out there for other individuals to hopefully help. I had my sleeve surgery on November 10th, I've done great for the most part in regards to healing. I don't even feel like I've had surgery except for the fact that I can't eat normal food yet. I lost 17 pounds the first week- I was so excited! Then the second week I didn't lose anything and the third week again no weight loss. And now I keep feeling like I made a huge mistake with going through this surgery. I sound ridiculous, I know, and I know I'm just in the begining stages of this journey! I just need some reassurance... or something to get me through these feelings.

Why is it that I keep feeling like I can only relate success to weight loss? I've been sticking to my diet and I lost 17 pounds! Which is awesome! Sunday I'll be moving on to solid foods and I'm just afraid that my "stall" will turn into me gaining.

You will probably start losing better once you start eating real food. My number once recommendation (and I know you probably don't want to hear this) BUT....stay off that God forsaken scale!! Especially if it's making you feel bad! I don't weigh very often maybe once a week IF I even feel like it...I can tell in my clothes alone...are your clothes getting looser? Don't be a slave to a scale!

I went through almost the same thing! I decided not to weigh myself at home, so I only discovered my weight loss at my follow up appointments at 1 week and 1 month.

During my 1 week follow up appointment, I hopped on the scale and noticed lost 15 pounds. That is 15 pounds in one week! I only lost 9 pounds during my 2 week pre op liquid diet. So, seeing that I lost 15 pounds in one week made me happy that I got the surgery. The nurses and Bari doc were so happy at my weight loss.

My one month follow up was a miserable experience. It is my fault, I let myself get miserable over a number. When I got on the scale, it showed that I only lost 11 more pounds in the past three weeks. I told the nurse that I had 1/2 cup of lentil Soup the day before hoping it would relieve Constipation. She made me feel stupid for eating something with carbs and blamed the slower weight loss on it. This was a ridiculous notion since I only had lentil Soup once in the three prior weeks and had eaten according to the rules besides that.

In short, the nurse was wrong. It is normal for your weight to slow down. It will pick back up. Stay positive and be patient! I am still trying to only get weighed at the doctor's office. If you are following your eating/exercise plan, then there is no need to weigh yourself so often. So many little factors effect your daily weight and it may be a good idea to weigh yourself less often so you don't get so discouraged.

I lost 40 lbs in a month. I didn't lose at all for two weeks and felt the exact same way. Only difference is after that first week of no losing I put my scale up for a week. Right now I'm going down between 1-2 lbs a day. It seems like the days I do well no loss the days I cheat and have a snack or something not quite healthy I'll lose way more!!! It's crazy. I read on here it's just the increase in calories so I'm trying to find a healthier way of doing that.

I felt regret for the first month but I went from a 26 pant to a 20!!! It's just emotional and my body isn't doing what I expected it to..

Thank you guys for commenting. I feel so much better for just talking about how I feel. I only bought the scale a week or so after surgery to track my weight loss. After all these stressful moments in just going to return it! My clothes definitely feel looser. I just need to stay positive. I have another appointment next week which is my 1 month post op appoibtment. I have to remember I guess that it took me more than 3 weeks to put this weight on it'll take more than that to lose it.

It is also important to remember that bariatric surgery is not a magic weight loss solution. It is simply a tool to help keep you on the right path. Everybody is different. Everybody will have different results. Your body has gone through a huge change. Give it time to do it's thing. Just follow the program and it will happen! It WILL happen! Don't get discouraged. Don't worry about it. Just do it! Good luck!

I had read some where else someone had the same issue. She realized that she had not gone to the bathroom in a few days. She had to take a softener to help and she started losing again. Not sure if this will help you but just a suggestion.

They should probably tell anyone who gets this surgery, to stay off the scale for the first month because it will make no sense. As long as you stay on program, and get to know your new sleeve, you can't help but to succeed. You'll be fine. Good luck.