Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complaining here...

...because I don't want to subject everyone around me to it :).

I started out SO STRONG today. I got 30 grams of Protein in this morning - it took 3 hours, but hey, that's more than I got the whole DAY before! Just knew I could get the rest in today.

Got 6 more.

I really tried to finish another shake, honest I did, but I can't. Nearly launched my Calcium, I'm just too full.

Doing better every day, though. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I get everything in. A girl can hope, right?

I started out SO STRONG today. I got 30 grams of Protein in this morning - it took 3 hours, but hey, that's more than I got the whole DAY before! Just knew I could get the rest in today.

Got 6 more.

I really tried to finish another shake, honest I did, but I can't. Nearly launched my Calcium, I'm just too full.

Doing better every day, though. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I get everything in. A girl can hope, right?

At least you put forth an effort. Keep trying and you'll get there. If not today then tomorrow. Or the next day.....

@@roundisashape I find it hard to drink a full Protein shake too. I feel like i can only get 4oz (1hour) down then I feel full for hours, which is often my cue to nap (after i wait a little).

My doctor told me focus on being hydrated which I believe I'm doing well at but I can't get 64oz in a day I feel like I'm drowning.

Thanks! I pretty much doubled my liquids today too, but still haven't reached 64oz. It's unbelievable how hard this is - I was such a big eater before that I just couldn't form any concept of how little really fits post-op. I researched a lot, but I don't think any amount of reading could have prepared me for the actual feeling.

Still no regrets!!!! It feels GOOD to not be hungry!

Tomorrow I will understand what you are talking about. I am so afraid that I am going to be the one person who does not have their appetite curbed from this! Yikes!

@@onmywaytoonederland I don't feel hungry anymore technically I just look at the clock and decide " oh I need to drink something again".

I've even cook dinner for my family while I just sip on my Water. Interestingly I find that I dream about eating food a lot

Got 6 more.

You might try using a powdered Protein, and mixing it with a bit less Water - also shaking it instead of a blender - it makes mine stay more liquid and less shake-like, and so easier to drink down. Someone posted a water bottle they'd marked with 2 hour markers and refilled at midday to get it all in. Said it really helped. I did okay but it sure was hard to get all that Water in AND Protein drinks. Keep at it, you can do a little bit better every day! Also a couple times early on I set my alarm to wake up early and drink a half shake, then went back to bed and had the rest when i woke up for real. Sounds goofy, but it game me one more time slot to get something down. Have you tried the hot chicken broth/soup flavor? Or making your Protein Drinks warm Way easier for me to get down warm things early on than cold! My stomach just sort of clenched at too cold for a while, but now it's fine. Might be worth a try. I just warm my chic and vanilla ones up or make with hot water - but there's also a good hot cocoa one you can order. Good for you getting the 30 in though - fantastic!

Kate

PS It also was good incentive to me that I'd heard it helped prevent hair loss from being so bad if I got more in! Vanity...

For ten full days my surgeon had me on 4ozs of Water or plain broth per hour. Yes, she wanted 1oz every 15mins. I survived. I know every surgeon has their own protocol and please follow your doctor's orders, but stop being so hard on yourself. You care healing. Give it time and donthe best you can. Best.

Girl, I am almost 19 months out and I still don't get in all my Protein or liquids most days. I was at least 6 months out before I could get even half in. Sounds to me like you are doing great.

Do the best you can, and remember, the liquid is much more important right now than the Protein. I actually found that blending ice into my shake made it better for me. It watered it down enough that it wasn't too thick for my teeny tummy and I got fluids in at the same time.

@@finediva that's what I try to do 4oz an hour. It would take 16 hours to get all 64oz daily recommended and I just can't do that between naps and getting full. So I just do as much as I can during my waking hours.

Onmyway, it'll work for you! I'm not far enough out to be confident in the long term yet, but I can tell you at this stage I just sort of feel like I have no stomach, lol.

Hawaiiantexan, me too! I dreamed about potatoes last night. I don't actually want to eat anything, but I have flashes of food going through my brain pretty much 24/7 at the moment. Heck, I woke up from surgery thinking about Rice-a-Roni of all things, and I haven't eaten that since before my mom died over 16 years ago.

Katesuccess, thanks for that! I've been playing around trying to find that magic temperature that feels good going down, but never thought about warming up the Protein. I might give that a try tonight!

Finediva and Lipsticklady, thank you! I know I'm only a week out but I had this fantasy that I'd come out of surgery and nail it, lol. I know it's important but I'm not showing any signs of dehydration, so I'll try to stop freaking out :)

For some reason broth is making me gag. I saw someone mentioned just siphoning the broth off of real Soup, and I tried some of that and it was like night and day - I don't know why, but the taste is so much more tolerable! Looking forward to Friday purees just for some variety.

I'm 5 months out on the 18th of this month. I have never drank 64 ounces of plain Water yet. 64ozs of fluids, yes. Plain water? No. I struggle daily with this. I just can't get it done. Maybe I would lose faster if I did get all the water in, I don't know. But I've given up feeling demoralize by not being able to do it. I never drank that much water before and I guess it's just taking me awhile. Funny, but I have no problem getting my Protein, because I drink two cups of skin milk a day and get the rest of the protein from eggs, tuna, salmon and lots of chicken. But every day I get up and try for that elusive 64 ozs. I'm up to 48 - 54 on most days.

Oh honey, I "thought" I was so well prepared for post op...I was a moron. It took me three MONTHS to get it together, lol. It fell into place eventually. I've had a loss I'm happy with at almost 8 mths. Hang in there.

Thanks, everyone! I found a tactic that helped last night (or maybe the swelling is just starting to go down some, but I'll take it either way). I used half the Protein and twice the milk - it was super thin, but only 3 grams less than making it the "right" way. Completely counter-intuitive since getting stuff down was the problem, but I was able to finish it without feeling like giant brick.

Purees start tomorrow. I'm tentatively planning on pureeing tuna into cream of chicken Soup. I don't know why, it's just been in my head all morning, lol.