Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im half way my second month post op nd im NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT AT ALL.. im seriously going nuts.. i dont believe anyone telling me about stalls any more. I just believe it was a mistake i did this surgery.. all i lost was 22 pounds.. nd thats it !! Im not losing any more and never will!!! Sooooo frustrated.. sooo depressed... feeling like shit :@

I'm almost three months and have only lost 20 pounds, and yes it is frustrating I agree. But you haven't gained anything either. I don;t know, maybe that's it, but I am still thankful for getting the sleeve as I'm not out of control anymore. I had hopes and dreams of being slim again, and maybe it's not to be. I lost 10 in my pre-op, fifteen the first month after surgery and five these last two months. I am hopeful!

@@sarahkaj Well now that's not very positive! It sounds like your giving up and that's not allowed! ; ) Are you tracking your food? Drinking enough Water? Exercising? Eating Protein and waiting the 30 mins before and after? Most of all have you discussed this with your surgery team? If so what did they say? Are your clothes getting lose? Are you working out and putting on muscle weight? Don't give up, reevaluate what your doing...on a honest level! Maybe there's something you can change?

When you say halfway through your second month do you mean you're 6 weeks out? If so...20 pounds in 6 weeks is excellent. Your body has to take breaks between massive losses. Put the scale away. Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing and weigh yourself once a month for now.

It's hard, but the worse thing you can do is lose faith and give up!

Edited by Cody's mom

You've lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks and that's not good enough for you?

Well my issue is that.. why havent i lost anything in the past month !!!! Its a whole month !! I shouldve lost something atleast.. i lost all the 22 pounds during the first 2 weeks post op !

Have you taken measurements to see if you are losing inches despite the scale not moving? The scale is only one measure of success. Measurements, how your clothes fit and compliments from others are more.

I found this good article I thought gave some good advice:

http://www.boxingscene.com/weight-loss/35945.php

Your NOT alone. I am 6 weeks PO and I have only lost 30. 10 of which was pre-op diet. I haven't really lost in 3 weeks. A pound or 2. That's Ok! Our bodies are still in shock and adjusting to our new calorie intake. Drink drink drink Water and push Protein. U will jump over this hurdle. As will I ;)

I too had big dreams and big hope of the fat melting off. Well, it didn't. Not for me. But taking my average, I have lost about 11 pounds per month. For the month of October I lost a big fat zero! Really?!! I actually broke down and cried in front of my surgeon at my three month visit. So, I've decided to go with the flow, because I have no choice. I'm somgreat full for what I have lost. Thirty years at over 200lbs. Thirty hurtful years. Thirty years of feeling less than. So, be great full for those pounds loss and be patient with your body. Best.

Try not to worry and keep following your plan. Your body is still adjusting. I also lost 22 pounds in the first 6 weeks. I am now 20+ months out from surgery and maintaining at a total of 120 pounds down since surgery. It's not a race and there is no end anyway. Notice I don't call it goal because that assumes I'm done. I'll never be done. It's a journey and will last my whole, much longer life. It doesn't matter how long the losing phase was. What matters is how long the maintaining phase is. Very very long hopefully!

My grandma told me it didn't get there over night so don't expect to loose it over night. I just remind myself this only going to get better no matter how long it takes. No more yo yo diets. This is for real and permanent and patience is needed to see results.

Patience grasshopper patience. I can understand in today's world of fast pace cars, quick internet, fast food, and instant messages or snappy chats sometimes we can loose focus that all good things come in time. I personally don't want to loose too quickly. If I were to wake up tomorrow at my goal weight what on green earth would one do with all the extra skin ? Give your body time to adjust slow down and realize all blizzards start with one falling snowflake and a forest starts with one tree. So have patience and appreciate what you have accomplished! You are one of the fortunate ones that has been able to follow through and successfully have the surgery. There are many people that don't have healthcare that takes part and financially can't afford to self pay.

:) take time to stop and smell the roses. And enjoy every ounce you loose one at a time!

Fabulous advice everyone, what an awesome group !! So glad im here only 7 days post op. Im just happy i dont have to cook anymore. Thats a blessing in itself :) hang in there i know i will

Keep in mind that wls is a tool. Not a solution. 22 pounds in 2 months is excellent. Besides more than 10 a month is too fast. Count ounces down. Drink more Water. Up your exercising. You will get back on track. Go try in old clothes or better yet, new ones. Chins up. It will happen.