Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 weeks out. How many of you gastric bypass people dump?

I'll admit I feel like i've had a petty easy time so far. I've never had any food stuck. Had foamies a couple of times but I've seen various posts. Some say most everyone dumps and other's say just a certain percentage dump?

So I want to do a survey....

I'm a dumper.

I dump! ???????? However, my issue seems to be diarrhea without all the heart rate increase, cramping, etc. I have had a really hard time, and get stuck in a cycle, almost like IBS. Sorry for the TMI, but I would love to know if there are others out there like me.

I dump! ???????? However, my issue seems to be diarrhea without all the heart rate increase, cramping, etc. I have had a really hard time, and get stuck in a cycle, almost like IBS. Sorry for the TMI, but I would love to know if there are others out there like me.

Same here!!

I am 9.5 weeks out and have never dumped. I think I might be one of the lucky ones.

My understanding is if you are eating correctly....very low fat, very low sugar...no high carbs....you shouldn't be dumping!

So ... what are you eating that is causing you to dump? As for me...I haven't dumped - I don't think! But...I'm pretty careful about what I'm eating.

Although...for a team lunch just now, I did have some Olive Garden Minestrone Soup..... I hope it stays with me... in a good way!

Christina

I'm 6 weeks post-op and I never have dumped. I really try to behave myself. There have been two times that I've eaten something that I probably should not have and I frothed a bit and then vomited a small amount, but never dumping.

Darla

I've dumped a few times in the last 3 months post-op: it's triggered when I eat something high in sugar or if I drink more than one beer... both of which I shouldn't be doing anyway! :blink:

I'm 6 weeks post-op and I never have dumped. I really try to behave myself. There have been two times that I've eaten something that I probably should not have and I frothed a bit and then vomited a small amount, but never dumping.

Darla

Darla...I believe that is still considered "dumping". It doesn't just mean you are sitting on the toilet! :-) It is part of the whole process - at least that is what I've been learning!

Just remember just because you don't now, doesn't mean you won't later.. I am 18 months out and I have been one of those that sugar hasn't bothered until last week. Had a small piece of birthday cake everything was fine, then about 30, 45 minutes later, got nauseous, light headed, heart racing, shakes, dizzy. Not fun. So again moral here is just because you don't, doesn't mean you won't..I know I can't do anything greasy, but the sugar took me by surprise.

Hmmm I find this interesting. I have not dumped except a few times I have frothed & vomited clear mucous. 1st time I ate a piece of turkey I cooked & was miserable. 2nd time was a peice of roast beef I cooked. 3rd time was a scrambled egg with spam & cheese. I either over ate, the texture of the meat made me sick or it was to dry. Im not sure but the feeling is awful.

I think you are describing the foamies. This is also common among us bypassers. It isn't fun. I have also experienced this with dry meets and eggs.

I have yet to actually get sick however every time I try to eat eggs I come very very close. I am not sure if it is a smell thing or a texture thing or what. I used to love eggs and now I cannot eat them. Every couple of weeks I try again. I have tried scrambled, poached, fried, hard boiled. I have tried mix ins. Nothing seems to help. The good news in I have not thrown up but I get very uncomfortable and right on the verge every time. Ugh.....wish I could get my eggs back!

I have yet to actually get sick however every time I try to eat eggs I come very very close. I am not sure if it is a smell thing or a texture thing or what. I used to love eggs and now I cannot eat them. Every couple of weeks I try again. I have tried scrambled, poached, fried, hard boiled. I have tried mix ins. Nothing seems to help. The good news in I have not thrown up but I get very uncomfortable and right on the verge every time. Ugh.....wish I could get my eggs back!

Me too!

I almost wish I did have dumping. I feel it would keep me from trying to stretch the rules. I haven't had any sweets, but I find myself craving them. Six weeks out.