Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have read that everyone woke up in pain!!! I have gone through breast reduction and a hysterectomy, I did not wake up to pain!! Is it fair to say I will not wake up to pain with the sleeve? Chime in if you had other surgeries, please!

I had VSG done 11/4/14 and I hardly had any pain at all, maybe a 2/10 on the pain scale. I hope you have the same experience :)

I had VSG done 11/4/14 and I hardly had any pain at all, maybe a 2/10 on the pain scale. I hope you have the same experience :)

I hope so, also! Thank you!!! I know you are glad you are done with the surgery part of yours!

I was at home four hours after surgery and having no pain. Except for several hours later, I had gas pain which is easy to get rid of by walking. The next day my incisions sites were slightly sore, but better in a day. Good luck!!!

The answer is no! I had a double mastectomy and a year's worth of reconstructive surgeries along with gall bladder surgery a few years ago. I never had too much of a problem with those surgeries. This one kicked my butt for 10 days then it was all uphill from there.

No real pain or nausea at all

I have had several surgeries and did not wake up with pain from those either.

It sounds like your body does ok with anesthesia and pain tolerance.

I think you should be able to assume this one will be similar.

I had a tubal reversal last year, and that was nothing compared to this. I woke up in terrible pain with the VSG. It only took a few days but that first day was terrible.

I had a tubal reversal last year, and that was nothing compared to this. I woke up in terrible pain with the VSG. It only took a few days but that first day was terrible.

Sorry to hear that! I pray mine is totally different!

I had a Lap hysterectomy a few years back and it was a piece of cake. I figured the sleeve would be similar... WRONG! I was in a lot of pain and felt like total shit for about 36 hrs. Found out that because I had hiatal hernia repair and they had to put a couple stitches into my diaphragm, also found a small tumor on my stomach that they removed, the nerve from the diaphragm goes up to your shoulder. At the time I thought it was the "gas" pain you hear about, but found out later that my pain was actual pain from surgery. However, my case is not typical. My Dr said had it been just the sleeve, I wouldn't have had near as much pain. But, I was SO not prepared for it. 23 days out now, and doing great

I pray I don't have a lot of pain. I really don't remember the pain from my c-section except that I think it felt more like soreness than actual pain. And I took pain meds but they didn't help the soreness. I do remember that I couldn't laugh or cough without doubling over in pain. But even that only lasted a few seconds.

I've had breast surgery and as sensitive as breasts are, I had zero pain in them after surgery. Comparing breast surgery to something else may not be a good way to measure. But if you had a hysterectomy and had no pain, your threshold is very high. Whatever pain you end up with will probably not amount to much to you!

The pain was very minimal I hardly took any of the pain meds

You're just a soldier....I wasn't in pain but nothing to eat/drink for a day and a half (before and after)was killing me.