Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2015 Sleevers! ????????

Just wanted to get another supportive and motivational January thread going here!!! Tell us your dates, where you're from, and what pre op diets U are doing and when!!

I'm katie 33

Right outside philly, pa

Jan 5th!!

Pre op diet is one week liquid

Protein Shakes and green veggies

First 5 days then nothing but 3

shakes a day for last 2 days

Starting liquid diet on dec 28th and I'm afraid I'm going to be a BEAR to everyone. I can barely get through a day eating healthy food without feeling hungry. Just feeling nervous.

Let's hear from u Jan sleevers!!

Hi! My name is Jennifer, I'm 26, I'm from New Jersey and my surgery date is set for January 15th! My liquid diet starts January 2nd. I am extremely excited and nervous! I have wanted this for so long. It's still kinda surreal that it's going to happen.

They gave me a list of things to have during my liquid diet. Like Water, Protein shakes, broth and sugar free drinks/jello. I was also thinking about making myself some sort of green apple juice cleanse too.

I'm excited to hear about others journeys!

I'll be joining you in January, Lord willing.

I'll be joining you in January, Lord willing.

Good!! Keep us posted on Your process and date!!

Have u submitted to insurance yet??

:)

Hi! My name is Jennifer, I'm 26, I'm from New Jersey and my surgery date is set for January 15th! My liquid diet starts January 2nd. I am extremely excited and nervous! I have wanted this for so long. It's still kinda surreal that it's going to happen.

They gave me a list of things to have during my liquid diet. Like Water, Protein shakes, broth and sugar free drinks/jello. I was also thinking about making myself some sort of green apple juice cleanse too.

I'm excited to hear about others journeys!

Hey Jennifer!!

Sounds great!! Not far from me and from @timeforjune too!

What's the green apple cleanse!?

Keep us updated on any new info!

Can u believe it's almost time!!??

Good!! Keep us posted on Your process and date!!

Have u submitted to insurance yet??

:)

Yep I was approved in September but surgeon for unknown reasons pushed me out til January. .I'm just now getting over the anger so I'm still just counting down the days and trying to be thankful for the approval alone. I should get a surgery date at my appointment the first week of January. If it is out further than January I will seriously blow a gasket!

@@KSTUZ Yay! That's awesome. I'm excited for you guys. Well, I was looking at other ways to be able to enjoy the full liquid diet I'll be on so I looked at smoothies and found a really good green apple detox juice cleanse here: http://thegreenforks.com/super-detox-green-cleansing-smoothie/

I'm thinking of maybe even adding Protein powder to it too but we shall see how that's gonna taste haha

Yep I was approved in September but surgeon for unknown reasons pushed me out til January. .I'm just now getting over the anger so I'm still just counting down the days and trying to be thankful for the approval alone. I should get a surgery date at my appointment the first week of January. If it is out further than January I will seriously blow a gasket!

That is awful, I agree. But u have the approval. I was denied 3 times. I should have been done in August. So I feel like I'm already 6 months behind. But it is what it is. Everything happens for a reason. August wasn't my time. And hopefully January is.

Stay positive and keep us updated!

????

My surgery is January 9th, I start a all liquid diet Jan. 1st. I have been on this journey for about 6 years, I would lose the weight and cancel surgery. I have had enough of yo yo weight loss. Cant wait to be sleeved. My diet now is anything I see I eat, Stopping that Sunday,and back to all Protein fresh fruit and veggies. No diet coke,or any carbonated beverages. I will be 50 at surgery so this is an important step for me, I have young boys in sports and would love to coach them and run with them and skate with them. So I need to lose the weight. I also have a 100 pound 6 year old and I need to set a better example for him to follow. Hes very athletic tall too. but built like his dad. we walk together to keep it off.

Thats my story so far, liquid diet will be the worst but worth it.

Lets hear some more join in...

Excited to see so many January Sleevers. Veronica here Colorado Springs, CO surgery day is january 12th. Pre op diet tech starts on the 16th of Dec and liquid only diet starts on 29th of Dec. Gave up soda and smoking and Need to work on the eating while bored problem!

@@Veronica Page Yay! January 13th is close to my date! It's great that you've quit smoking and everything. I have the same issue. I eat when I'm bored/anxious. It's such a terrible habit and it's so hard to stop! I also have the habit of barely eating during the day and then snacking at night. It's awful :(.

@@JenniferO2188 Oh I know what you mean about the night eating. I actually will do great all day and then I'm alone and I guess bored and just eat...UGH so annoying wish I could just STOP!!

@@Veronica Page Ugh I know! Same thing here! Well we will definitely have no choice but to stop very soon, haha. That's something I'm actually excited about. Having this surgery is a complete lifestyle change. It's a great tool for all of us to move forward and drop these habits.