Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to eat the FURNITURE! @_@

I am just a few days into my pre-op all liquid diet, and I'm so hungry I want to eat my furniture! :angry:

How did you get through this early stage? Were you restricted as I am to liquids only, absolutely no food? :(

I really don't know if I can make it through another week and a half of this. This is absolute TORTURE!!! :(

I was put on a Meal Replacement shake fir two weeks. My surgeon said she knew it is difficult for most people so allowed one shake to be replaced by a very low calorie meal. It's all a distant blurred memory now, but I did the two shakes and chicken Soup for dinner. I lost 4 pounds!! Really? I also had to kick a serious caffeine and sugar addict. I say all that to say this, pre op was hell for me. But I'm here to tell about it. If you have lost 31 lbs already, I say OMG, and let that be your motivation to stick with it. I will say that by the time I completed my caffeine and sugar detoxification I didn't even want to eat or drink. I went into surgery not hungry and that lasted for about the first two months. So all the best with the pre op. Trust me, you'll live to tell about it! Best.

Protein shakes, keep busy and don't think about it. I won't pretend it doesn't suck, but you can do it!

@@finediva and @@SuperDave Thanks for the encouragement. Just knowing that others did actually make it through this hellish 2 weeks is encouraging.

I'm right there with you...on day 11. It does get better...and...my house has never been cleaner...I absolutely can't just sit still and let my stomach dictate how I'm feeling. I've cleaned out closets and drawers and the pantry and the laundry room....

Just hang in there. I got to the point where I wanted to vomit the more juice/water mixture I drank. You will be so thankful when you get to the doctor for post-op and he tells you that you can have shakes.

You have to keep looking ahead -- that's how I'm getting through it.

When I had liquids, I was looking ahead to when I could have shakes.< /p>

Now that I'm on shakes, I'm looking to next week when I can have soft foods.

From there, I will be looking forward to when I can have food food.< /p>

I keep telling myself, "It's only this much longer," and it makes it a lot easier to continue.

I also did a lot of stuff at home while I was recovering. Now my home is totally organized and I can go back to work Monday and not worry about all of the crap waiting for me at home. You will find other ways to occupy your mind.

Be kind to yourself and be patient!!!

I thought my preop was bad the first week was 2 shakes and a meal under 300calories. now I'm straight liquids and i just told my husband I can't do it anymore. I'm soo drained and angry. But i have only 3 more days to my surgery!!But we can do it!!

I am just a few days into my pre-op all liquid diet, and I'm so hungry I want to eat my furniture! :angry:

How did you get through this early stage? Were you restricted as I am to liquids only, absolutely no food? :(

I really don't know if I can make it through another week and a half of this. This is absolute TORTURE!!! :(

I can so relate! My surgeon had me on 5 Boost diabetic shakes a day and unlimited Water for FOUR weeks! It was tough! Especially the first 5 days. After that I wasn't really craving anything, but it was still hard cooking and watching people eat...

I had to cook for my hubby and small kids so I would break up my day like this to avoid temptation:

-1 shake for Breakfast

Water, water , water

-1 shake for lunch

Water water water

-1 shake while cooking dinner

-1 shake while they were eating dinner.< /p>

Then more water with crystal light

- 1 shake in the evening.

I even froze some into Popsicles for a change, and I would add ice cubes in a blender with a shake to change it up.

When I was having a weak moment I would come on the forum and look at before and after pictures and remember why I'm doing this. Or I would journal how I was feeling. I just kept telling myself this is such a SMALL portion of my life and I WILL be able to eat food again, the food I love just in way smaller portions and that helped too.

I KNOW you can do this! Remember this is a fraction of the journey to come, and you are going to be a success story!

Good luck!

Sheena :-)

you can do this, its hard , but its the most important thing in your life right now. Some frustration now for big rewards. Remember you are on this to shink your liver. Use a Protein Soup at night, doing that is not going to ruin the surgery. My doc. let us have a half cup of fresh veggies a day. The way I kept from going nuts for flavor was kind of silly but it worked. I chewed dorito's in my mouth, then spit them out. LOL

My doctor told me 1000 calories a day instead of total liquid diet for my pre-op. I was grateful for that! I don't think I could have done 14 days on just liquids. I was giving myself daily pep talks until I heard the 1000 calories. So happy. I did okay with me pre-op diet and tomorrow marks my 1 month post-op. :)

Yeah, stick with it! I'm a year out now and have the advantage of looking back. It was hard, but necessary and the results speak for themselves. I don't see too many people regretting the hunger problems after the weight is coming off!

You can do it!