Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've decided to not go through with the gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana Mexico because of all the bad things that have been going on there. I value my life and I love my children too much to put them in a necessary situation. Instead I will save up to have the surgery done in the United States. That means I won't be getting it done around February 2015 because I'll have to save up a few more thousands to cover for the surgery but I believe it is worth it. :)

Good for you! You recognized your tolerance and listened to yourself. Good luck getting the extra cash together....I'm rooting for you!

Though I have no problem with people who decide to go to Mexico for surgery, I think doing what makes you comfortable is definitely the healthier choice, for you and your family. Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you...Do whats in your heart!!

I love Mexico, the safety guy I work with just got back on Wednesday and had several teeth pulled and replaced with new beautiful teeth, they look amazing. I have a girlfriend there now having two caps put on and her teeth whitened, and I'll head there next year to have surgery to have the lose skin removed. Again I LOVE MEXICO.

What scares me more than anything in Mexico, is what happens in my back yard, the rapes, murders, and abuse. And did you see what happened in Ferguson? NOW THATS SCARY!

You have to do what's right for you, but traveling the world, I have yet to see anything near as dangerous as people report. I had my sleeve done recently in Tijuana and loved shopping the streets and going for long walks (on my own). Felt as safe there as I do in my own city.

I love Mexico, the safety guy I work with just got back on Wednesday and had several teeth pulled and replaced with new beautiful teeth, they look amazing. I have a girlfriend there now having two caps put on and her teeth whitened, and I'll head there next year to have surgery to have the lose skin removed. Again I LOVE MEXICO.

What scares me more than anything in Mexico, is what happens in my back yard, the rapes, murders, and abuse. And did you see what happened in Ferguson? NOW THATS SCARY!

You have to do what's right for you, but traveling the world, I have yet to see anything near as dangerous as people report. I had my sleeve done recently in Tijuana and loved shopping the streets and going for long walks (on my own). Felt as safe there as I do in my own city.

Ditto. I had a wonderful experience in TJ. Everyone I met was very friendly....more so than a typical US city, for sure. I had no concerns walking around with my sister, shopping and even catching a taxi when I got tired. (The OCC driver recommended a particular taxi company to use when he dropped us off at avenude Revolucion) And the guys at Walmart were a hoot. They gave us tips for converting pesos/dollars and we helped them practice their English with us.

My aunt and uncle live in Texas and have been traveling to Mexico for dental and medical care for decades. This made my decision to go to Mexico for my surgery very easy. I thought my parents would freak out, but they thought going to a skilled, experienced surgeon in Mexico was a much better plan than trying to bargain shop here in the US.

But you do need to do what you are most comfortable with. If you have found a surgeon you like in the US and it takes a little longer to save up then that's what you should do. Peace of mind and feeling safe is as important as anything. GOOD LUCK!

Edited by Kindle

@@Kindle, Yes, I truly enjoyed my journey to Tijuana and I trusted my doctor more than I would ever trust one here at home. It was a great experience and I look forward to my next adventure there (and the shopping). I enountered such nice people everywhere I went!