Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11/25/14...is not that far away!

So my surgery is this tuesday! Holy moly! I am having gastric bypass in THREE days...it's insane to wrap my idea around that statement. I feel like the past 7 months have totally flown by. Feeling nervous but at 22 years old and weighing 280 lbs I am so so ready to enjoy my new life. I've been overweight for the past 18 years and I cannot wait to experience all the things I should be able to. Any tips, tricks...words of encouragment...whatever is welcome :)

Also a quick question:

On monday I was told only Clear liquids. Do you think Isopure would be acceptable? It has 40g Protein per bottle but it is a clear liquid so I figure that would at least give me something sustainable in my system while I'm at work. It's the weekend or I would call my doctor.

I'm getting RNY on Tuesday as well! Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery! The main thing I've heard is walk, walk, walk.

Yes that's what I heard! I will be up and walking as soon as I feel awake enough :)

Wishing the best to both of you on your surgeries!! My surgery date is December 23rd. I'm so nervous now, can't imagine how I'll be when it comes down to 3 days away! Please keep us updated!

Yikes! Less than 24 hours away AND I've got a promotion interview at work in 30 mins. I'm such a wreck emotionally today

Congrats!!! I had surgery Thursday 11/20 with an anticipated release date of 11/21. It didn't happen. I was finally able to come home Sunday. I spiked a fever within 24 hours of surgery. I had a bladder infection most likely from the catheter. Take things slow. My plans of no pain medication and up walking around didn't happen for me. Everyone is different but don't be discouraged if your plans change. Take care!!! You are on your way to a new beginning!

What time is your surgery @@lulabelle607 ? I go in at 5:15 for surgery at 7:30 AM. So early! I'm getting excited now. I imagine I'll be nervous tomorrow morning.

What time is your surgery @@lulabelle607 ? I go in at 5:15 for surgery at 7:30 AM. So early! I'm getting excited now. I imagine I'll be nervous tomorrow morning.

Ugh I wish I knew! Still waiting on a time from my hospital. Getting really annoyed by it. MAGNESIUM CITRATE is GROSS for the record! ugh!

Good luck tomorrow!!! Congrats!

My surgery is at 830 this morning. I go in at 6:30 ????. Feeling very nervous. I hope everything goes well and you have an easy, speedy recovery!

Thank you everyone for the good lucks! I will update when I'm able to :)

Day 3 liquid pre op diet.

Im really hungry. Im sure its going to get worse before it gets better. I already miss chewing. My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 3rd. at 8am. Anybody else starving out there? If youd like to be my buddy, please e mail me or leave a message here.