Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers?

Hi all newcomers. Welcome and congrats on surgery!!

Hope it was all without complications and you guys are recovering well.

I found the first 4 days to be tough then each day got exponentially better.

Krystal,

I just moved from Angleton TX to Palm Springs area inCA. I'm scheduled for surgery Dec. 30. I'm getting nervous and doubting my self. Wish I had met you when I was in Angeton. Btw you should be so proud. You look great. Keep it up. Any tips for me.?

Happy holidays and be well

Paula

Hi, I was sleeved on December 11th so am still on the clear liquid phase. I live in Doha, Qatar where the support is minimal for the surgery but am glad that I had the procedure done! There are no support groups here so I am looking for an online support group.

Cherie

I'm in north Dallas! My surg is Dec 22

I am in so. Cal and having sleeve surgery 12/18.

How are you doing? I'm sleevingI two days on the 30th. Both nervous, excited and hungry. P in La Quinta

I am in so. Cal and having sleeve surgery 12/18.

I'm in La Quinta and two days from now I get sleeved .. Please, how is it going?

I'm a Pearland/ Houston mommy of 4 sleeved on 12/3

How are all my fellow December sleeves feeling? I had a question. Is anyone else hungry? I know they said we would not feel satisfied on the soft foods / full liquid phase but I'm starving. I feel like I did before the surgery! I was looking forward to losing that feeling. Anyone know if it eventually happens? Or is this as good as it gets?

I got my sleeve Dec 2nd in Dallas and am struggling a bit with my first stall. I haven't lost any weight in 12 days. Anyone else having a similar issue??

Yes, i was in the hospital for seven days. I could not stop throwing up and all of my vitals kept going off the chart. I was on pain meds every two hours. I am one month out now and still having the same problem but not as bad. I still can't eat, i am on liquids. I know i will get better as i was not in the best of health when i went in. I don't regret having the surgery as i weigh thirty pounds less but it was not the ideal way to lose weight. What happened to me is very rare and should not stop others from having the surgery. I am back at work and slowly getting better everyday. Work actually helps me to keep my mind off of my stomach. I am so happy that everyone else has had a positive experience. Just think, next year we will all be showing off our new bodies. No pain, no gain...

I had my surgery New Years Eve. 2 weeks and have lost 19 PDS. I know I can't expect to continue at this rate but don't know what is reasonable to expect.

@@kimmeesue The standard reply is "it's different for everyone." While this is absolutely true, I also feel like it's always helpful to know what people with a similar start weight/height were doing at your stage. I just had surgery on 12/17, but here are my stats for anyone who may find it informative:

HW 9/29/14: 491 (height ~5'8)

Surgery, Wed, 12/17/14: 422

1 Week, Wed, 12/24/14: 408 (-14)

2 Week, Wed, 12/31/14: (No weigh-in. Had to replace my scale.) (-??)

3 Week, Wed, 1/7/15: 395.2 (-12.8)

4 Week, Wed, 1/14/15: 389.5 (-5.7)

Total loss since surgery: 32.5

Total loss since 9/29: 101.5

It looks like I've been losing ~6lbs per week if you don't count that first week. Funnily enough, that is about what I was losing prior to surgery, but then I was working out about 5-6 days per week at least an hour (sometimes two) each time. Right now, other than walking, I haven't been working out at all. (Have only had the chance to go back to the pool twice after getting clearance one week ago and only a very light workout each time. I will probably re-focus on exercise this coming week.)

Edited by heynowkc

Hi all. My surgery was Dec 9 and I have "only" lost around 30 lbs. I say only bc I know a whole bunch of folks r probably going to jump on my back saying you couldn't do that pre op etc etc.

I started out at 318 day of surgery. I had an issue w an incision so I was really limited in my motion for the last month. So 30 lbs according to my dr was what he considers average for the first month. He said about 10% of starting weight is what he likes to see.

He just gave me clearance today to start working out so I'm hoping that I can get some more off.

I am five weeks out, i had my surgery on December 10, 2014 and i have only lost 35 lbs. You are doing wonderful, we are all different so we can't judge ourselves by others. Keep doing what the Dr. told you to do and the weight will come off. My girlfriend had the surgery June, 2014 and she has lost 80 lbs. but that doesn't mean that i will or you will. Good luck on your journey.