Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody! I've been lurking on this site for about a year now, researching, looking at pictures, stock-piling information. I've finally decided to come out of the shadows! I'm will be sleeved on December 11th in Kentucky.

I'm 23 years old and weigh 349 lbs. 5'10. My highest weight was 375 lbs this past January. I've done the six month diet for insurance, had all of my testing and meetings with doctors, nurses, and my surgeon. Only thing left is Pre-Admission Testing on 12/10/14 and then MY SURGERY ON DECEMBER 11th!!!!! WAAAAH! I work as a restaurant manager so on my feet allllll day. Taking two weeks off work. It's kind of like a vacation (heh heh heh). Pre-op diet starts on Thanksgiving but I've eaten 22 Thanksgivings in my life. I can make it without this one.

Anyway! I'm really excited if nobody can tell :P lol. I see all of you guys talking and supporting each other and sometimes it's hard for me to take that first step to be social with new people, so here goes. Hope everybody is doing well!

post-194532-0-65056700-1416440444_thumb.jpg

post-194532-0-86570400-1416441137_thumb.jpg

This is me! The first pic is me at my HW at my wedding at 375 lbs

The second is me at my current weight, 349, fitting (barely) into my first Goal Outfit!

Btw, sorry about the sideways picture! No matter how much I tried I could not figure out how to make it up-and-down.

Best of luck to you on your journey! I wish I'd had this opportunity in my 20s! I'm delighted I have it at all, but oh I feel my little sleeve would've kept me on the right path for so much of my 20's and 30's.

Congrats! I will have a date set when I see the surgeon on Dec. 5th but already know I will have to wait until the first the year for a date. Best wishes on your surgery, I know you're ready as I am too! Nice Christmas gift!

Best wishes on your journey!! I'm having my surgery Dec 10th, just got my date this evening. Very exciting but do have some nervousness going on:)

Welcome. Can't wait to see your transformation. Your already a beautiful young women.

Thank you all for your good wishes and welcomes :)

I'm super excited, but nervous. But I know this will help me to get healthy again and be a preventive measure for my future so I'm glad I'm getting sleeved so young. I'll keep everyone posted!

Congratulations!! I was 23 when I was sleeved as well. It's great that you made the decision young so you can live the better part of your adult life healthy! The weeks leading up to surgery are a very exciting time! Can't wait to hear how it goes!