Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your favorite post - surgery high Protein recipe.......

For what stage ? Soft or regular

Meatloaf muffins. Just made them tonight. About 10 g of Protein each. I like that they are portion controlled. I need that

Edited by briefs199

BBQ Raspberry Hoisin chicken

http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/barbecued-raspberry-hoisin-chicken?utm_source=explorer.sheknows.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=ske_53ffafd90d2f37b946000038

Ingredients

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberry

¾ cup hoisin sauce (see Ingredient Note)

5 Tbsp rice vinegar, divided

1 clove garlic

1 strip (2-by-1/2-inch) orange zest

1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger

⅛ tsp freshly ground pepper

pinch of crushed red pepper

1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, each cut into 3 crosswise strips

2 ½ cup Water

1 cup long- or medium-grain brown rice

⅓ cup thinly sliced scallion greens, divided

Directions

1. Combine raspberries, hoisin sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, garlic, orange zest, ginger, pepper and crushed red pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth, about 1 minute. Set aside 1/4 cup for a dipping sauce.

2. Transfer the remaining marinade to a medium bowl and add chicken; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.

3. Combine Water and rice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until ready to serve.

4. Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler to high.

5. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade, scrape off excess (discard marinade), and thread onto 4 skewers, distributing equally.

6. Grill the chicken until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. If using the broiler, place the chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray and broil 4 inches from the heat source until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

7. Just before serving, sprinkle the rice with the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 cup scallions; fluff with a fork. Sprinkle the chicken and rice with the remaining scallions. Serve with the reserved dipping sauce.

Ingredient Note: Hoisin sauce is a thick, dark brown, spicy-sweet sauce made from soybeans and a complex mix of spices. Look for it in the Asian section of your supermarket.

NOTE: If it is not convenient to grill, don't bother with the skewers; you can bake the chicken at 325 degrees for an hour.

4oz. = 21grams of Protein

I just started soft/purée and My first food was crab cakes. Real crab, mayo, 1 Egg, chopped onion and parsley, tsp on mustard and I sprinkled low sodium O Bay seasoning. I don't have measurements I'm a scratch cook so I just mix it until it looks right then I broiled them for 15 mins. They are really good. I'm not sure how much Protein? Very little carbs just a few in the crab. No breading. I could only eat a couple bits but it was good

I need puree recipes! I've been eating the same mashed potatoes or cottage cheese or tuna over and over. I hve to do puree for 2 weeks before I can move on to soft foods!

I just had a small Omaha filet mignon with shrimp scampi and Italian herb veggies & rice. Over 38 grams of Protein. About 5.5 ounces total.

You can stop calculating....I also threw in a half scoop of GENEPRO Protein Powder. :P

Edited by Recycled

@@nikki9 Do you like meatballs? I have mine in the crockpot rt now. I used 1lb of ground turkey, 1/2 lb of 93% lean ground beef, 1egg, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic, chopped onion, red bell pepper , and fresh parsley in the ninja so super tiny. I rolled it Up and baked them in the oven @ 375 for 25 mins then put them in my mini crockpot with marinara sauce and olives. I will cook them on low overnight. They should be super soft but if not you Could blend them up with a little bit of the sauce. I got plain marinara because it has less sugar than regular sauces. If you make them make sure you check labels some spaghetti sauces have a lot of sugar in them. These are high in Protein, and no bread crumbs. They held together perfectly w/o bread.

Edited by Elode

I am also making a ricotta bake, just part skim ricotta cheese, 1 egg, Italian seasoning and a thin layer of marinara. Just bake it at 350 for 30-40 mins. I will divide it up in my 2oz cups, keep a few out and freeze the rest. You should be able to eat that.....I could just go on and on! I love to cook, I didn't think I was going to get to cook like this after surgery but I was wrong. It's fun making recipes and adjusting the ingredients to fit my new eating style. @@nikki9

I'm in the 7th month since surgery. Just find I end up cooking like 5 things. Getting a little bored.

Turkey Meatballs

Broccoli chicken cauliflower casserole

Turkey stuffed bell peppers

Chili

Crust less quiche

Puree: scramble eggs with some fat-free refried Beans, your favorite cheese, and salsa.

Solid: brown ground turkey, boil fresh spinach, drain both and mix with cottage cheese, marinara, top with shredded mozzarella and bake till browned. Pasta-less lasagna. :)

Soup: skinless chicken, diced celery, carrots, and onions, bay leaf, can of chicken broth, and Water. Simmer till all is tender.

All of these are low fat. Salt and pepper to taste.

@@Elode You're awesome! I'm going to try both of them. I think I am going to need you to write a cookbook! :D

@@nikki9 Ha! I probably could! I have an Italian grandmother on one side and a southern granny on the other I had no choice but to learn.

Yeah. I start puree foods friday.i can't even tolerate pudding right now. But not sure what I can try or recipe's. Some puree phase recipes would be great

@@Elode my 2 favorite food groups: Italian and southern! LOL!

@@nprcowboy I've seen some random links around. it would be nice if we could them all in one place and categorized for each phase. I haven't played around enough in this forum to figure out how to do it.