Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good luck Phyl, remember to breathe! hehe

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!

Candice - I won't need a blanket :0) - I like it cold to sleep - at Joseph's house this weekend it was cool in the evenings and at night - I will bring a lite robe and jeans... I want to get everything in a carry on...

Denise How fun !!!!! I really hope that we do decide to go on the cruise next year out of NO so we can meet you in person and you can go on the cruise - I REALLY REALLY want to do this - then you can show us around too....

Kari - I think you can go on line and ck where they are in the process or even call ...

I read it with no problem - kids writing is something totally diff :0)

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Candice - What do you have up your sleeve ???

Street Dance sounds fun ...

Karla

GF you are preaching to the choir here on the night time eating issues - I still eat at night just ask Karri - well you really can't ask her - cuz while she was here we did so much talking that I didn't think about eating - that's my biggest problem - boredom - That's one reason I am on the computer til 8 most nights - I eat dinner then eat popcorn then fudgesicle - sf pudding - fruit whatever - and I do all this between 8 - 10 !!! and may even wake up during the night an eat another fudgesicle or pudding..

For me budgeting the calories to compensate my head hunger issues works for me... I guess I am not strong enough to just say no - I just do it in a liter verision and it's within my budget so I don't sweat it - It's working - so why try to fix something that's not broken...

If you want to eat at night - do it - just stay within your calories for the day..... I use to worry about it too in the beginning - but heck my plan has worked for me - so I quit worrying about it... Like I said - I feed my hunger but in a healthier manner these days...

If I lost my band - I would go to the sleeve too.. But Knock wood so far so good with my band - but I agree - for a man I really think a sleeve is ideal especially with the whole fill issues...

Well gang - last night went to grocery store then home depot and got Andrew a fan and computer desk from staples - called my stepbro and asked if he would come and install the fan cuz I wasn't up to it (never had installed one but know I could if I had to might have taken all night) so had to fix dinner for him and his gf - they didn't leave til 9:30 and today been busy at work cuz in 2 weeks I will be leaving for Canada... Can't wait - getting really excited 2 more weekend !!!

So Candice my $$$ will be worth more in Canada - so we do exchange on our money or do they accept dollars and how will i know if I get the right change???

Linda - Where are you ????

-

oH JANET, you are too funny... Your money will be worth more here.. but its best to exchange your US $ for Cdn$ at your own bank...

Someplaces in Canada take US dollars but they won't give you as much on exchange..

You will count back your change, just like you do with American money

Edited by peaches9

Official weight today is....200, so I've lost 55 pounds. I've lost 8 pounds for the July Challenge. Next weight loss will take me under 200, my first 'goal'.

So Phyl, 'phyl' us in on your sleep study? How'd it go? Is your apnea better? That is my dream, to get off my cpap machine. Actually, I don't mind it, just paying the bill.

I'm up at 6 am, got the couch moved in preparation for the carpet shampooing. But, I need coffee first!!! Thanks everyone for putting up with my negativity. I don't really know what is my problem. I just seem to be a grouch.

Steph...I emailed Mark...I found his school email on line and decided what the heck. Don't know if he will check his email from home...or if he will respond.

weight.png

Official weight today is....200, so I've lost 55 pounds. I've lost 8 pounds for the July Challenge. Next weight loss will take me under 200, my first 'goal'.

Whoo-hoo!!! You are doing SO well, keep it up GF... soon you'll be i ONE-derland!!!!

So Phyl, 'phyl' us in on your sleep study? How'd it go? Is your apnea better? That is my dream, to get off my cpap machine. Actually, I don't mind it, just paying the bill.

I'm up at 6 am, got the couch moved in preparation for the carpet shampooing. But, I need coffee first!!! Thanks everyone for putting up with my negativity. I don't really know what is my problem. I just seem to be a grouch.

Steph...I emailed Mark...I found his school email on line and decided what the heck. Don't know if he will check his email from home...or if he will respond.

weight.png

Gotta run quilt class this a.m.

Phyl - It's hard to sleep on demand :0) - I took Snacks with me infact I took dinner - I had to be at my sleep study like 8 p.m - I was too wonded up to eat earlier so I took 2 taco's and some popcorn and a book too..

I keep crystal lite in my purse at all times :0) I think I have some in my overnight bag too :0) and pt bars - I can't be without food even now adays - you think I was straved as a child - but that's a fear of mine - being without food -- Addiction I guess - but not a prob cuz I always make sure I have something to eat even if I don't eat it - just having it there if I want it..

Karla

Congrats on 200 - 1 more lbs to ONDERLAND!!! I really don't know why you are fretting so much you are losing the weight - you really do sound a little tight IMHO but again you are under a lot of stress right now - and that can cause to be tight - you gotta be able to eat real (healthy) foods- just not tons of it. You really need to go see that new doctor !!

Again we all whine at one time or another and like I said you are under a great deal of stress about $$ - I talked to my stepbro about child support (he's divorced he pays) he told me that here in California - even if the kid is 18 but going to school Dad's have to continue paying childsupportp -- So GF you need to check it out in MT I bet it's the same. Don't let your X off the hook - don't be nice - we are talking about important issues here - you need to stick up for you and what's right !!!

And don't think you are going to solve the head hunger issues over night - quit putting that kind of pressure on yourself - I am nearly 2 yrs out - and some days I don't know the diff and even if I do - it doesn't stop me from wanting to eat - but the one thing I do/can do is eat real meals without bping every other day...

I can't start the day without coffee - in fact it's getting to where I can't make it thru the day without some caffine in the afternoon...

Candice - so I can go to my bank here and get Canadian $$$ - I bank at Bank of America - do you have one there are they in Canada...

Well Ladies - today is my 30 yr anniversary of being at this job... I have been here more than half my life - I started when I was 24 !!! Oh my where has the time gone..

Well gotta get to work - just cking in :thumbup:

weight.png

Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing GREAT!!

Back home. Goop still in my hair but going to get in the shower soon. It went well. I slept like a log. Only woke up once to use the BR. I was told to take off my watch, so I put it in the pocket of my PJ pants! So when I was putting it on this morning, the tech says, "where did you have THAT??" I told her it was in my pocket. So she said "Well, the reason we have you take it off is we don't want you to know what time it is!" So I guess I wasn't supposed to sneak it out of my pocket while I was in the bathroom to see that it was 2:12 a.m.!

Now DH is mad at ME because he was 1/2 hr late picking me up. How does that work?? Well, if I get mad at him about ANYTHING, he's a strong believer in the concept that "the best defense is a STRONG offense." So when I continued to be a little perturbed because he offered lame excuses and no apology (like stopped to get something to eat), he got very angry and started slamming and banging things around. He acts like a 2 yr old sometimes. So now he's not speaking to me and I am a bitch because I had to get up too early! What a baby! It wasn't the waiting that I minded... I was having coffee and watching the news.. but it is not like him to be late so I was getting pretty worried and thinking he'd been in an accident or was stuck in morning traffic. So it was pretty annoying when he came strolling in acting so casual and nonchalant! Ain't men fun!??! LOL! I'm ignoring him. Hee Hee!

So they told me nothing, of course, but I know I need the CPAP pressure turned down. I just hope she got it right because she didn't make any adjustments that I know of during the night and I was still having those dry mouth episodes. I told her about it when I got up but she said it was because I was mouth breathing. Whatever!

Janet, I have a call into a lawyer, so I'm starting the process. It would be fabulous to get some support back. I can 'kindof' make it with out it, but food shopping will be optional.

Phyl - It's hard to sleep on demand :0) - I took Snacks with me infact I took dinner - I had to be at my sleep study like 8 p.m - I was too wonded up to eat earlier so I took 2 taco's and some popcorn and a book too..

I keep crystal lite in my purse at all times :0) I think I have some in my overnight bag too :0) and pt bars - I can't be without food even now adays - you think I was straved as a child - but that's a fear of mine - being without food -- Addiction I guess - but not a prob cuz I always make sure I have something to eat even if I don't eat it - just having it there if I want it..

Karla

Congrats on 200 - 1 more lbs to ONDERLAND!!! I really don't know why you are fretting so much you are losing the weight - you really do sound a little tight IMHO but again you are under a lot of stress right now - and that can cause to be tight - you gotta be able to eat real (healthy) foods- just not tons of it. You really need to go see that new doctor !!

Again we all whine at one time or another and like I said you are under a great deal of stress about $$ - I talked to my stepbro about child support (he's divorced he pays) he told me that here in California - even if the kid is 18 but going to school Dad's have to continue paying childsupportp -- So GF you need to check it out in MT I bet it's the same. Don't let your X off the hook - don't be nice - we are talking about important issues here - you need to stick up for you and what's right !!!

And don't think you are going to solve the head hunger issues over night - quit putting that kind of pressure on yourself - I am nearly 2 yrs out - and some days I don't know the diff and even if I do - it doesn't stop me from wanting to eat - but the one thing I do/can do is eat real meals without bping every other day...

I can't start the day without coffee - in fact it's getting to where I can't make it thru the day without some caffine in the afternoon...

Candice - so I can go to my bank here and get Canadian $$$ - I bank at Bank of America - do you have one there are they in Canada...

Hi Janet; Yes you can get Canadian $$$ at your bank in the US before you even leave the country... they will give you the best exchange rate on your money. Now if you forget, you can buy Cdn$ with your US$ once you arrive at the AIRPORT, but they will not give you as good a rate... I mean like 2 cents on the dollar less... not a HUGE difference... but I just HATE giving BANKS more fees than I have to.;)

Well Ladies - today is my 30 yr anniversary of being at this job... I have been here more than half my life - I started when I was 24 !!! Oh my where has the time gone..

Congratulations on your LONG Employment, it is almost unheard of these days to stay with one company all threw out your career...

Well gotta get to work - just cking in :)

No work for me today, just quilt class first thing this a.m. then I had to go get a photoo done for my new drivers licence that comes out in AUG. I was so glad to get ride of THAT picture, it was in FATTER days... YUK I looked like a Happy Chipmonk!!!

Just got a phone call from my DH long time BF, he and his GF are coming for dinner ... then we are all going out to hear Peter Play in his band.. They have a local gig tonight...:thumbup:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,1651572274

I forgot, this is my YESTERDAY FOOD>

Did I tell you guys about the surprise my DH got yesterday around supper time? A LD phone call from his long lost youngest bro... (did I tell you this already??? I can't freekin remember)

ANyways, DH was so happy and releived to here that he is happy and healthy albeit bald...

My husbands family is very weird, not close at all... really the only one we have regular contact with is his sister and that's only 2 - 3 times per year.

Well I just burned over 2000 calories shampooing carpets. It only took me 8 hours to Shampoo the carpet 2 times and rinse it 2 times, and I don't have a lot of carpet, just the livingroom and the hallway! Of course there was the on the knee's scrubbing of Miss Molly's 'accidents'. Now that she is 6 months old and the carpets are clean, I may strangle her if she has an accident. Unfortunately it is rare that a doxy is totally house trained at 6 months.

Now that things are drying, I am thinking a large crystal light and a book. I AM going to splurge and have a 98 calorie adult beverage tonight before bedtime.

Candice is your quilt class for a specific quilt or are each of the students working on something individual? I am considering having an adult ed class for quilting this fall through the school. Most of our local quilt shops have closed and are not giving lessons. Maybe I could get a class going that would bring in some $$$$.

As I said before, I have a call into a lawyer to have them go over my child support papers. Is say he has to pay 'until the age of majority', what ever the heck that means. Unfortunately my lawyer daughter is not licenced in MT, and she is more into environmental and insurance law.

Phyl, maybe Earl just missed you and was so lost without you that it made him grouchy. I never could stand someone who can't just say, 'Yep, I goofed up.' You are a better soul than I. I guess that is why I am single.

Hi! Had a great time at the Seattle Aquarium with DD & the three little grandchildren

in spite of Mr. Grump! :thumbup::biggrin::drool: He's fine when we're out with other people. But in the car on the way home, about all he said was, "Did I just miss the car pool lane?" :):biggrin::) and he's not said another word all afternoon! Yeah, sometimes being single sounds mighty inviting! LOL! And, BTW, I DID say I was sorry that there was a misunderstanding about what time he was to pick me up! Apology not accepted.. he said I didn't mean it!

I think he wants his three days of pouting! :eek::):eek::biggrin::eek:

How many more days til Canada???:w00t:

Grumpy old men are very aggravating!

Lunch was bad.... calorie wise, that is! We went to a walk up fish bar where all they have is fried food or high cal clam chowder. I went for the oysters and chips. Gave one oyster to DH and only ate a few of the chips. The grandkids fed the rest, vinegar and all, to the seagulls! I hope they don't have belly aches from the vinegar!! And I had some cole slaw.

Last stop was one of my favorite souvenir shops, "Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe".

Near disaster there... Grandpa abruptly decided he had to go to the car because our paid parking time was almost up. So, when I'm too far away to do anything about it, I hear Thomas (3 1/2 yr old) say, "I'm going with Grandpa!" and he runs after Grandpa, who didn't hear him and has no clue! I'm hollering at Thomas not to go but he's not listening and I can't get through the crowd on my scooter and I sure as heck can't run after him without it! So Jodie hears this and runs out after him. She caught up with him out in the middle of the street.... BIG, four lane street with lots of traffic! He was about three steps behind Grandpa, who still had no clue he was following him!

That was our excitement for the day!

Edited by phyllser

dinner, piece of pizza, skipped the adult beverage, had a s'more instead. I know, not the best choice, but I wanted it, and even with the pizza I was within calories. Actually calculated the calories, 168 (for the smore) and the pizza was 240 cals. So even though I 'splurged' it was still within cals. Maybe not the highest nutrients, but...

Steph, how was your day? did you get your fill appointment? Has Jeff made a decision yet? When will the 'home visit' occur?

Phyl, when will you get your results??? Man you guys are so active. You make me tired just reading about them. thank goodness your grandson didn't get hurt. God does look after fools and small children.

I suppose I should go to bed, but not tired yet. Took my sleep med's a little late, so It usually takes 1 & 1/2 hrs. to kick in. So it will be at least another 30 mins.

Dinner, piece of pizza, skipped the adult beverage, had a s'more instead. I know, not the best choice, but I wanted it, and even with the pizza I was within calories. Actually calculated the calories, 168 (for the smore) and the pizza was 240 cals. So even though I 'splurged' it was still within cals. Maybe not the highest nutrients, but...

Steph, how was your day? did you get your fill appointment? Has Jeff made a decision yet? When will the 'home visit' occur?

Phyl, when will you get your results??? Man you guys are so active. You make me tired just reading about them. thank goodness your grandson didn't get hurt. God does look after fools and small children.

I suppose I should go to bed, but not tired yet. Took my sleep med's a little late, so It usually takes 1 & 1/2 hrs. to kick in. So it will be at least another 30 mins.

Don't know when I'll get the test results. I suppose they will send the report to the pulmonologist and they will call me or fax order to the people who are going to be providing my supplies now. I've been getting them by mail but Dr. wants me to have someone local because I'll have to take my machine in to them to be recalibrated. It was set around 14 and I think she said she had me at 8 last night.

Phyl, it isn't hard to recalibrate you machine yourself. It can easily be done over the phone.

Where is everyone? Awful quiet day. Okay I have an addiction, more than just Farm Town, and read everyone's postings to help me get through the day.

Going for a bike ride this morning, put the livingroom back together and then quilting group this afternoon. I need to start thinking about cleaning the garage, bleck.

Good morning friends,

Oh Phyl. I can so relate! My family thinks DH is so good--always johnny on the spot to help out, and is friendly WHILE they're here. As soon as we're alone, everything changes. Then it's all about HIM., and all negativity. I've learned that the only way I can get stuff done around here is to start calling contractors and getting estimates. Then when he thinks I'm going to hire someone, he suddenly gets interested in the project and maybe it will actually get done. Did that with the fire pit, and he's finally ordering the materials. Once he's spent his money, it'll get done! I feel for you, Phly. That's one thing about retirement I am NOT looking forward to!

Which brings me to Canada--Candice. I hope you and Peter are serious about bringing electricity out to the shed or wherever you want it. Mel'll be happy as a clam as long as he has a project! When we went to MA last month he put in a generator for DIL's family's house and it was one of the best trips we've taken. He was busy and I could relax and enjoy the visit. Woodworking? Car repairs? My DH can do it all! Empathy? Nurturing?--not so much!

I am a disaster as far as eting is concerned. OK, I'll fess up. I had a little procedure done this week, (vanity, vanity--no, not the TT I want--gotta lose 20 more pounds for that). I can not bend, lift, or do any exercising for 3 weeks. Additionally, I'm supposed to increase Protein for healing. So. . . I've been sitting around, drinking my Protein Drinks IN ADDITION to eating more than I should, and I can feel the bulges forming. To tell the truth, I'm actually getting bored and thinking about work.

Which leads me to another development. I have to go back to Mall of Amreica! No kidding. I have an accreditation visit in August and the hotel is in Bloomington MN with a shuttle to the mall! I'm flying in on Monday morning and will have all afternoon and evening, plus Tuesday evening and maybe a little time Wednesday afternoon to shop! No complaints there.

OK, well I have an appointment to get stitches out in about an hour, so I better go shower and get my self decent. Then I promiced to watch Margo (the 3-year-old that I watch from time to time) for awhile this afternoon--I think I'm going to take her to a l'l kiddie Water park. Hopefully I can avoid picking her up or chasing after her too much. . .