Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

It snowed today!!!! It was fantastic. We were at school. The kids were amazed. It snowed hard for quite awhile. The temp wasn't freezing, but it was so much snow it stayed on the ground for over an hour. It was beautiful. Two days ago, we slept with the AC. Earliest snow on record in N.O. Over 100 kids checked out of school today. It was great!!!

Denise - How cool snow - and that you had 100 less kids - a 100 less to get in trouble :0)...

It is supposed to get COOOOOOOOOOLD here. The high on Monday is suppose to be 13 degrees. We are FINALLY going to get snow in the mountains. Tourism is dying here because of the lack of snow in the mountains and unfortunately... that is the main part of the economy around here.

As for us...we have a party that we are going to (and not staying long because I don't want to be around food) and then out for drinks with some other friends. That is easy for me to ignore...I don't drink!!

Well off to bed. My shoulder is killing me tonight. Wii injury!!! Be careful on the hammerthrow portion of the Sonic Vs. Mario at the Olympics. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and have been in MAJOR pain yesterday and today.

Donna - Congrats on the restriction. Mine was good today...tomorrow...who knows!

Karri - Wii injury too funny - I went to the gym last night and did my 3 miles on the treadmill and even jogged twice for a few... I have been missing my treadmill session lately and find that I want to fall asleep at 7:30 if I don't go - last night got in bed around 9 but didn't get to sleep for at least and hour.. The fur babies woke me up at 1:47 - the stupid cat had been on the clock and that said 6 a.m - Heck I was rested and thought it was 6 till I went out to the kitchen and saw that it was only 1:47 - well took them out and then had to fix the clock -

Guess what my newest fur babies did - this morning while getting ready she was super hyper - i heard all this noise that I thought was coming from the bedroom where I have some empty Xmas bags - well when I got up from my makeup table - guess what I discovered !!!! the whole roll of toilet paper unraveled in my bathroom bedroom.. Little witch !!!

It's 54 right now - suppose to rain next week - and get to the low 60's during the day -- Yea I can wear my denim & co chenille sweater...

Steph were are you - come on now you can't be that busy - you can stop in and say Hi - I am getting worried about you..

CBL

It snowed today!!!! It was fantastic. We were at school. The kids were amazed. It snowed hard for quite awhile. The temp wasn't freezing, but it was so much snow it stayed on the ground for over an hour. It was beautiful. Two days ago, we slept with the AC. Earliest snow on record in N.O. Over 100 kids checked out of school today. It was great!!!

It snowed in Houston on Wed! It was actually big enough and stuck long enough for a couple of snow balls. The kids LOVED it!!!! I have to confess, it gave me a bit a snow high, too! :wink2:

Donna - Congrats on the restriction. Mine was good today...tomorrow...who knows!

Thanks, Karri. Yesterday evening I felt the restriction loosen up (1 1/2 weeks after the fill) and I was thinking of having a bit more and craving sweets. I resisted the bit more food but made myself a spiked egg nog to answer the sweet tooth. Probably would have been better off with a bit more dinner but that wouldn't have shut up the sweet tooth so I probably would have had a bit more and still looked for something sweet. *sigh*

I still have good restriction so unless it really loosens up, am not even thinking of another fill.

I was really loose through most of my weight loss and in fact my final 20 pounds came off completely unfillled. Now I have some serious restriction but still can't lose the weight. Right now for me it is a mental thing. I am starting to get my head into the right place again and that is the key. Yesterday the cals were good and today I have planned even better so we should be good. I am back to the gym today. I was going to go yesterday but my shoulder was so bad. I took a nap with my hot pad instead. It feels much better today. Today is a 4 mile run. On Sunday I am going to try and get to 8 miles.

Well I suppose I should supervise these hoodlums!

Donna - I guess I was luckier than most I was at my sweet spot with my 10/07 fill (2nd one) then had like .01 added in January 08 and nothing since...

In fact sometimes I think I could use like an .01 unfill - last night after the gym came home too a big gulp of Water - OMG I slimed on water.. Discomfort etc - I thought I was going to pb - but didn't just slimed..

Restriction is why we were banded - and the tool is fantastic help once it starts working...

Karri - Even with restriction it's all about getting your head in the right place... As we know that candy bar is going to go down with no problems - but eating those 4 oz of meat isn't.

Ya our bands are great - but like I always say - it's our heads that need the real work...

Guess what my newest fur babies did - this morning while getting ready she was super hyper - i heard all this noise that I thought was coming from the bedroom where I have some empty Xmas bags - well when I got up from my makeup table - guess what I discovered !!!! the whole roll of toilet paper unraveled in my bathroom bedroom.. Little witch !!!

1069.gifLittle witch???

Surely you can't be talking about that sweet little kitty???!!!

1069.gifLittle witch???

Surely you can't be talking about that sweet little kitty???!!!

Yep that sweet little 1069.gif it was a new roll of tp too

Hey Gang

Where is everyone - Candice is leaving for Cuba so she will be MIA for a week :rolleyes2:

Kari - what's up with you...

Denise - how's the cold and do you still have snow

Donna - any plans for the weekend.

Phyl - you got internet now are you spending all your time on Facebook - have you talked to Steph??

Karri - How did you do today - Whens xmas break...

Car - You are going to France for Xmas or after..

Well, no great plans for the weekend - need to get a couple gifts still - grocery shopping and recharge my batteries (me)

Kids will be here 12/21 late and leave Xmas day do - I will have a house full..

Gym at 9 to make up for Wed as my trainer had something to do on Wed -

That's about it... I am hungry and didn't take anything out - so I guess it will be my standby - scallops & lean cusine alfreado..

Well just popping in to say Hi... CBL:tongue:

HI,

Yeah, too much Facebook. I haven't seen Steph there in a day or two, though. I'm having to play Sudoku by myself!

Busy today... Water aerobics, went shopping in DHS.. oh, found a really nice three piece outfit... had to buy it because it is an XL and it FIT!! Everything was 30% off.. I thought it was $36.99, but salesgirl couldn't find a price tag or another outfit like it, so she decided it was $29.99...so she gave it to me for $20.99! Went to get a new bathing suit... one I bought two months ago is already all stretched out and faded. Bought the very same suit in the very same size because they didn't have any other prints in that size... 18... I can get in to a 16, but still a little too small. i got a free pair of pants, too, special promotion for buying a bathing suit. They were on sale, too.. so I got all these clothes for what the bathing suit would have cost full price!

So by the time we got back from DHS, it was time to go to choir practice! And when I got back, DH had invited folks in the RV parked behind us over for dinner (my suggestion), so he had dinner almost ready and table set up in the living room with Christmas table cloth and plates... looked really nice.

So, it wasn't only Facebook and Sudoku that kept me away today!

TOPS weigh in yesterday and I was down 2 lb... BUT, that's the 2 lb I was up last week, so I'm even for the month! I am determined to get that last 3 lb off to make my next mini goal of 100 lb by next week. I can do it!!

Phyl - Yep you were busy yesterday - Glad you were down the 2 lbs - that's good - Yes the 3 others will come off with a little determination... XL way to go !!! Just think where you were a year a go - What a great job!!!

There is a post on the 50 thread - (not our reg thread but a new post under the 50 tab) Can pple over 50 lose 100 lbs...

Told her yes - and didn't mention you by name but refered to you as another 50+ that has lost this kind of weigh - who would have ever thunk it... That us old farts could lose this kind of weight at our age...

Good Morning Gang - Yep as usual I am up at the crack of dawn - 5 a.m. and it's not a work day... Fur babies and I do have stuff to do today - just don't know where to start.. That's usually my problem - where to start.... The gym isn't til 9 - so I have a few hours to kill in the meantime...

Last night I made sf cheesecake pudding and I put a ginger snap in it.. Havent eaten them yet - was still mentally hungry when I made them - but went to bed and forgot about them til right now - not that I want them this morning - as I don't like sweets in the a.m. just at night..

Karri - I saw on the news this morning that you guys up there in the North are under a storm watch - OMW - stay warm and off the streets !!!

It's a little breezy here - rain next week - but no snow.

Just cking in - gotta make a list of what I need to do this weekend - so I don't forget :rolleyes2: What I am suppose to do..

CBL:wub:

s

Good Morning Ladies. Just checking in. Not a whole lot happening here. Just fighting the cold. No 28_4_9.gifinsulation anymore. I went to the doctors last monday. Scale's still stuck, but I graduated from every three months to six months. And I got stuck in both arms. Tetunus booster in one and flu shot in the other. Didn't go to the gym all week. Arms ached to bad. But I did increase my pedaling (pretty much doubled it). They're feeling pretty good now, so it's back to the gym next week.

Got another family Christmas party today,. Gotta watch what I eat. I'm bound and determined that since my scale is stuck.........it's gonna stay stuck........(and not move up). DH asked if we were going to take some pictures to show off and picked up an envelope and went through them.. OMG!!! They were from a couple years ago and I couldn't believe what I saw. Man, was   36_15_5.gif I ever fat. It's strange how you really don't see what you really are like when you look in the mirror. I never realized I was as fat as I was. I took one of the really fat pics and stuck it on the fridge as a reminder of where I don't want to go, ever again.

Phyl - great shopping!! I love days like that. I just wish I could get my shopping done. I don't know what to get my kids this year. Grandbabes are taken care of and the rest of my family. Just my kids left.8_2_101.gif

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY ! ! ! WHAT THE HECK, HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Yep...we have about an inch of snow out there right now but they got a ton of it in the mountains. We have kiddos at the coast (~a 6 hour drive from here across TWO mountain passes) and the teachers yesterday all signed a petition and vowed to donate money to keep them in a hotel until we could get them across the passes in a safe manner. The distrct said that the charter bus should be just fine. We don't think so but they just don't want to pay the extra money to have them stay longer.

Right now the biggest problem is the COLD, COLD weather that we are having. Monday the high could be in the single digits. Um....I didn't want to live in Alaska! But like I always say about the weather here. We have 2 seasons. F#%#ing hot and F#)$#ing cold!

I actually hope that they cancel the party that we are supposed to be going to today. I REALLY don't want to be around all the food. DH and I were talking last night about how frustrating it is that every activity seems to be around food! I know before that I LOVED that but now...not so much. For Thanksgiving I ran a 1/2 marathon, for Christmas we are going to Vegas. I am really trying to start traditions where our holidays have NOTHING to do with food.

Well I am not going to be able to stay off the roads. My i-pod TOTALLY died the other day and I have become addicited to the nike+ running system that I have with it so we have to go to the store and get me a new one. It is expensive but it is what I need so I am getting it for me. I won't exercise without it so I had best get it. I have a new goal. Run/walk 100 miles by New Year's. That means about 5.5 miles per day which should be easy when we are in Vegas because our hotel is about 1 mile off the strip.

Well gotta go. DH thinks this is the best time to head to the store. It is gorgeous out. THe sun is shining and the ground is sparkling.

Phyl - Yep you were busy yesterday - Glad you were down the 2 lbs - that's good - Yes the 3 others will come off with a little determination... XL way to go !!! Just think where you were a year a go - What a great job!!!

There is a post on the 50 thread - (not our reg thread but a new post under the 50 tab) Can pple over 50 lose 100 lbs...

Told her yes - and didn't mention you by name but refered to you as another 50+ that has lost this kind of weigh - who would have ever thunk it... That us old farts could lose this kind of weight at our age...

Good Morning Gang - Yep as usual I am up at the crack of dawn - 5 a.m. and it's not a work day... Fur babies and I do have stuff to do today - just don't know where to start.. That's usually my problem - where to start.... The gym isn't til 9 - so I have a few hours to kill in the meantime...

Last night I made sf cheesecake pudding and I put a ginger snap in it.. Havent eaten them yet - was still mentally hungry when I made them - but went to bed and forgot about them til right now - not that I want them this morning - as I don't like sweets in the a.m. just at night..

Karri - I saw on the news this morning that you guys up there in the North are under a storm watch - OMW - stay warm and off the streets !!!

It's a little breezy here - rain next week - but no snow.

Just cking in - gotta make a list of what I need to do this weekend - so I don't forget :) What I am suppose to do..CBL:wub:s

Have my new outfit on this morning. I keep looking at the tags.... Yep, XL!! And the pants aren't even too long!! If they were I wouldn't have bought it because that's where al the fru fru is.... fancy stitching, embroidered flowers and sparklies! DH likes it.

We have park's Christmas dinners here next Thurs/Fri nights. Choir is singing at both, so director wants us to sign up for both! I think I'll just show up when it's time to sing on Fri. No need to face all that food two nights in a row. I'm taking desert on Thurs and I'm going to use that SF cheesecake pudding, mix it with some pumpkin and SF/FF Cool Whip, and maybe ginger snaps on the bottom (good idea, Janet) .... sound like that will work??? Or do you think I need to add some Splenda??? And I will add a little pumpkin pie spice. Kind of gutsy with no recipe, but it should turn out okay don't you think???? Please say yes!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: We ususally take green bean casserole or scalloped potatoes. This should be easier and I will know exactly what's in it when I have some!!

DD who lives near us in WA just sent me a picture, on my phone, of their back yard covered with snow. Looks pretty but I'm glad we're here and not there!

Good Morning Ladies. Just checking in. Not a whole lot happening here. Just fighting the cold. No 28_4_9.gifinsulation anymore. I went to the doctors last monday. Scale's still stuck, but I graduated from every three months to six months. And I got stuck in both arms. Tetunus booster in one and flu shot in the other. Didn't go to the gym all week. Arms ached to bad. But I did increase my pedaling (pretty much doubled it). They're feeling pretty good now, so it's back to the gym next week.

Got another family Christmas party today,. Gotta watch what I eat. I'm bound and determined that since my scale is stuck.........it's gonna stay stuck........(and not move up). DH asked if we were going to take some pictures to show off and picked up an envelope and went through them.. OMG!!! They were from a couple years ago and I couldn't believe what I saw. Man, was 36_15_5.gif I ever fat. It's strange how you really don't see what you really are like when you look in the mirror. I never realized I was as fat as I was. I took one of the really fat pics and stuck it on the fridge as a reminder of where I don't want to go, ever again.

Phyl - great shopping!! I love days like that. I just wish I could get my shopping done. I don't know what to get my kids this year. Grandbabes are taken care of and the rest of my family. Just my kids left.8_2_101.gif

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY ! ! ! WHAT THE HECK, HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Kari - Yes we were in TOTAL DENIAL about our weight before - as I sit here on the computer - I am looking at 3 pics of me fat - heck I look at pic's from last Xmas - when I thought I was looking pretty damn good cuz I had lost like 50 lbs - but I was still fat. I am truly now the person outside as I have always been in my head.

Get your kids some p.j's and gift cards - that's what mine are getting ...'

Yep...we have about an inch of snow out there right now but they got a ton of it in the mountains. We have kiddos at the coast (~a 6 hour drive from here across TWO mountain passes) and the teachers yesterday all signed a petition and vowed to donate money to keep them in a hotel until we could get them across the passes in a safe manner. The distrct said that the charter bus should be just fine. We don't think so but they just don't want to pay the extra money to have them stay longer.

Right now the biggest problem is the COLD, COLD weather that we are having. Monday the high could be in the single digits. Um....I didn't want to live in Alaska! But like I always say about the weather here. We have 2 seasons. F#%#ing hot and F#)$#ing cold!

I actually hope that they cancel the party that we are supposed to be going to today. I REALLY don't want to be around all the food. DH and I were talking last night about how frustrating it is that every activity seems to be around food! I know before that I LOVED that but now...not so much. For Thanksgiving I ran a 1/2 marathon, for Christmas we are going to Vegas. I am really trying to start traditions where our holidays have NOTHING to do with food.

Well I am not going to be able to stay off the roads. My i-pod TOTALLY died the other day and I have become addicited to the nike+ running system that I have with it so we have to go to the store and get me a new one. It is expensive but it is what I need so I am getting it for me. I won't exercise without it so I had best get it. I have a new goal. Run/walk 100 miles by New Year's. That means about 5.5 miles per day which should be easy when we are in Vegas because our hotel is about 1 mile off the strip.

Well gotta go. DH thinks this is the best time to head to the store. It is gorgeous out. THe sun is shining and the ground is sparkling.

Karri - I can't be on the treadmill without my ipod either.. Heck one time I went all pumped up to work out - the stupid batteries were gone after one song - so I did 1 mile and left - I can't do the treadmill without my music - So I totally get it...

Have my new outfit on this morning. I keep looking at the tags.... Yep, XL!! And the pants aren't even too long!! If they were I wouldn't have bought it because that's where al the fru fru is.... fancy stitching, embroidered flowers and sparklies! DH likes it.

We have park's Christmas dinners here next Thurs/Fri nights. Choir is singing at both, so director wants us to sign up for both! I think I'll just show up when it's time to sing on Fri. No need to face all that food two nights in a row. I'm taking desert on Thurs and I'm going to use that SF cheesecake pudding, mix it with some pumpkin and SF/FF Cool Whip, and maybe ginger snaps on the bottom (good idea, Janet) .... sound like that will work??? Or do you think I need to add some Splenda??? And I will add a little pumpkin pie spice. Kind of gutsy with no recipe, but it should turn out okay don't you think???? Please say yes!!

:):biggrin::biggrin: We ususally take green bean casserole or scalloped potatoes. This should be easier and I will know exactly what's in it when I have some!!

DD who lives near us in WA just sent me a picture, on my phone, of their back yard covered with snow. Looks pretty but I'm glad we're here and not there!

Phyl sounds great - No I don't think you need splenda - but taste it - OMW you are getting like me - just throw stuff together - it comes out good - Use just a little pumpkin at first - you don't want to over power it - just keep tasting..

Well gang I am on my way out - I just got online to see if I had any $$$ since payday isn't till Monday - but looks like ck is in the bank -Thank God... Then as usually I just had to check our thread - then I just had to answer - This is why sometime I stay away - I get so caught up in LBT.. and you think a short post like this takes only 5 minutes - but it really like 15 or more...

Well I gotta scoot - Marshall's Target Winco are on my list (all within 1 - 2 block from my house) - Want to hurry up and come home a read or watch a movie - make some chilli (turkey) - Its suppose to be cold & rainy for the next week - hope it stays this way until after Christmas...

CBL :biggrin: