Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I love the wii... and in fact my favorite game is the one that comes with the game. We are boxing right now. The training that comes with it will work up a sweat! We finally are living in a place that is big enough that it doesn't require us to put the coffee table ON the couch to play. Now we can just scoot it back.

DH thinks he is cool right now cause he has knocked off more punching bags then I have. Well...when it is MY turn...I will show him who is boss. For those of you who don't know me really well due to my MIA months I am VERY competitive.

On to some good news. I went to an in person support group in town today and itwas actually very good. I got the name of a therapist that works with MANY bariatric patients so I called and left a message with her tonight. She only works Monday - Wed so I won't hear back from her until next week but hopefully she will respond. One of the ladies there that I have been emailing with for some time now goes to her and says she is WONDERFUL.

Tomorrow I begin adding some carbs in and going back to my anal retentive ways of counting calories. I know that it bugged a few people on my obsession with food, but when we were talking tonight I really realized that we all have to do this our way. And if that means freaking out in a restaurant because I don't know how many calories there are or coutning my calories 20 times a day then so be it. That is what I need to do. Afterall, this is MY life.

So I am still sticking with the plan exactly how I had it set up, but now I am going to have a few carbs as well. More than anything though I really feel like I had my AH-HA moment that I needed. I feel REALLY empowered tonight. Well off to kick my DH's hiney. He thinks he is soooo good right now. Well I will show him...sore shoulder and all!

Car...my DH LOVES tennis. I do too, but really like the boxing. We are going to try out the new sports one that is out if they have it for rent.

Hello Everyone, Loved the Pictures.

Janet, your mom and aunt's dresses were gorgeous, that is my favorite dress era. I Love Lucy clothes, Beautiful!

Today was a nightmare at work. 2 fights first thing this morning, then another before lunch, then a darling little boy got succor punched by a psycho at lunch. I got to work at 6:48, I left at 5:00, and I never stopped. Did I mention I hate my freakin job. It is impossible for 1 person to do this job. The kids have been crazy. We have had fights daily since last week.

I had the AC on last night, tonight the heater. It rained all day, it's still raining.

BUT, ELF's on USA, if you haven't see it, you must watch it. I love it. I could watch it over and over.

Janet, I love the pics from days gone by. I wouldn't mind bringing back that style -- women in pretty dresses, men in chinos, girls and boys dressed in child versions of their parents. Somehow, everyone just looks more "put together".

I

On to some good news. I went to an in person support group in town today and itwas actually very good. I got the name of a therapist that works with MANY bariatric patients so I called and left a message with her tonight. She only works Monday - Wed so I won't hear back from her until next week but hopefully she will respond. One of the ladies there that I have been emailing with for some time now goes to her and says she is WONDERFUL.

Tomorrow I begin adding some carbs in and going back to my anal retentive ways of counting calories. I know that it bugged a few people on my obsession with food, but when we were talking tonight I really realized that we all have to do this our way. And if that means freaking out in a restaurant because I don't know how many calories there are or coutning my calories 20 times a day then so be it. That is what I need to do. Afterall, this is MY life.

So I am still sticking with the plan exactly how I had it set up, but now I am going to have a few carbs as well. More than anything though I really feel like I had my AH-HA moment that I needed. I feel REALLY empowered tonight. quote]

Karri - Yes baby girl you gotta do what works for you period end of story - no matter what others thinks.. I still count calories - I still watch what I put in my mouth. I have pple telling me all the time you eat like a bird - no I eat healthy - I eat normal portion sizes.. Can't wait to here about your session with the therapist...

Yep the Ah Ha moment is truly empowering..

Hugs - I am so HAPPY that you are back on track even if you can be a little ocd :tt2: it's better than the alternative :)

Hello Everyone,

Loved the Pictures. Janet, your mom and aunt's dresses were gorgeous, that is my favorite dress era. I Love Lucy clothes, Beautiful!

Today was a nightmare at work. 2 fights first thing this morning, then another before lunch, then a darling little boy got succor punched by a psycho at lunch. I got to work at 6:48, I left at 5:00, and I never stopped. Did I mention I hate my freakin job. It is impossible for 1 person to do this job. The kids have been crazy. We have had fights daily since last week.

I had the AC on last night, tonight the heater. It rained all day, it's still raining.

BUT, ELF's on USA, if you haven't see it, you must watch it. I love it. I could watch it over and over.

Thanks Denise - I love that era too - I love looking at the pic's from then - Family was so important back then - I think that's what's wrong with socioty today - no more family units.. To many single parents - too much indulgence in drugs - so on and so forth - it's the all about me not about us - Well most of us here remember the Us days..

Hugs - as I have said a million times before - I dont think I could do your job...

Janet, I love the pics from days gone by. I wouldn't mind bringing back that style -- women in pretty dresses, men in chinos, girls and boys dressed in child versions of their parents. Somehow, everyone just looks more "put together".

Yep Donna I couldn't agree more - I have some black and white photos from when I was about 21/2 and my bro Jimmy was 1 1/2 before Michael was born - even in the black and white photos you can tell we have little red cheeks all dressed up with our parents - Dad looking like Desi Arnez and Mom in Lucy dresses - We were one cute family - even if I do say so myself :lol:

I love the wii... and in fact my favorite game is the one that comes with the game. We are boxing right now. The training that comes with it will work up a sweat! We finally are living in a place that is big enough that it doesn't require us to put the coffee table ON the couch to play. Now we can just scoot it back.

DH thinks he is cool right now cause he has knocked off more punching bags then I have. Well...when it is MY turn...I will show him who is boss. For those of you who don't know me really well due to my MIA months I am VERY competitive.

So I am still sticking with the plan exactly how I had it set up, but now I am going to have a few carbs as well. More than anything though I really feel like I had my AH-HA moment that I needed. I feel REALLY empowered tonight. Well off to kick my DH's hiney. He thinks he is soooo good right now. Well I will show him...sore shoulder and all!

Hi Karri,

Thanks for the Wii info.

I think the competive thing come with the name Karri/Carrie. I can come across as all lovey-dovey, but scratch the surface and you'll find that I would love to rip your heart out to win. I used to fence (i.e. as in swords) with my first husband and instead of doing any of the acceptable moves, he would stand there and just circle his foil. I would get SOOOOO MAD I would attack for blood!! The instructor finally gave me the name of The Wild Cat (actually, when my name is mispronounced in Hebrew it means "wild thing"). I guess I went for my Ph.D as a sneaky way to compete with my co-workers. Didn't get me anywhere.

I spent so many years counting calories, carbs, servings.......I burned out. I now just TRY to make sure that I'm eating nutritionally. Different strokes!

Stay strong.

Edited by Car

I had a friend who joined WW years ago and lost 60 lbs counting calories. She does it to this day and has kept her weight off. It works well for some but I think it's strongly related to personalities. Like Car said, different strokes for different folks. As for me, my counting calories lasted for 4 days post op. Over the years I tried to do the calorie counting thing on many different diets and could never keep up with the food diary for more than 10 days. That's why I love the band. It controls the portions and I control the type of food.

Hello Everyone, Loved the Pictures.

Janet, your mom and aunt's dresses were gorgeous, that is my favorite dress era. I Love Lucy clothes, Beautiful!

So, do I get to wax philosophical? (I'll stay away from my Zen side.) I've been there, done that. Having to expend energy 5 days a week in a job you hate just drains you. Although it's really hard, try to remind yourself what is truly important in your life and concentrate your energies there...your health, your family, the things you love. The rest, the fighting kids, the crappie weather is just static. I wish you the best of luck.

Car:thumbs_up:

I had a friend who joined WW years ago and lost 60 lbs counting calories. She does it to this day and has kept her weight off. It works well for some but I think it's strongly related to personalities. Like Car said, different strokes for different folks. As for me, my counting calories lasted for 4 days post op. Over the years I tried to do the calorie counting thing on many different diets and could never keep up with the food diary for more than 10 days. That's why I love the band. It controls the portions and I control the type of food.

Touche!! This is the first time that I'm not afraid of maintenance. I was a WW mavin. I would carry around with me food diaries so that I could count servings. Big pages, small pages, colored pages. Then I switched to the WW electronic calculator. Anything to keep myself interested. Now, I'm relying on my body to tell me correct portion size and my conscious to keep my nutrition in line.

Hey, where's Steph?

Good morning, ladies! I'm so excited. I think I've finally found that elusive sweet spot after my 5th fill last Tuesday. I've dropped 4.5 lbs since then and when I eat just 1 serving of something, I feel full for hours. Not just band full but belly full. I'm so happy and thrilled that the band finally seems to be working with me! :wink:

Congrats Donna, on your restriction... it sounds just wonderful!!! W/L is good too..

YEAH, keep it up GF :ohmy:

:)

Here's some pic's from I would say the whole family 1959 - Michael looks about 1 - Jimmy 2 - Me 3 - not sure it could have been taken in 1960 - then the pic of me and my Dad with My Aunt El & Jimmy would be about 57 - These were slides I found at my bro's house - I had not seen some of these pics..

The one with my Mom in yellow and cousin Sandra was like in 5 I think I am like 2

Janet, I think you are right about the first picture with the cars in the Background, they do look like 1958/59

Oh my, and the dresses... they were stylish huh?

Packed and ready to fly... I have tomorrow off work, but i have to go in tonight for a MANDITORY Staff mtg... what that's about should be interesting... more later ...

Peaches:rolleyes:

Janet, I think you are right about the first picture with the cars in the Background, they do look like 1958/59

Oh my, and the dresses... they were stylish huh?

Packed and ready to fly... I have tomorrow off work, but i have to go in tonight for a MANDITORY Staff mtg... what that's about should be interesting... more later ...

Peaches:rolleyes:

A staff meeting after hours - what's that about - are they paying you?? How many pple in your office - sound like a lot of drama is going on - I thought it was a small office - Like you and just 1 other girl and the doctor.. But from what I gather in your little tid bits - there are more than 3 of you..

Yep that car in the back ground is the Dodobird I think... I remember a green car and thats what we called it.. I am pretty sure that pic was taken in like 59 Dec

I just loved seeing these pic's - there is one in the snow of me my mom & michael and our dog lady girl - omw I started to cry when I saw that picture.. I was throwing a snow ball at my mom and she was smiling.. My mom has been gone for 38 yrs.. I wish she had stayed alive so that we could have become friends ..

Only one more day and sunshine here you come - We are suppose to get rain next week..

Have fun on your vacation - make sure to wear your sunblock.. Remember we want pictures..

xoxox Janet

It snowed today!!!! It was fantastic. We were at school. The kids were amazed. It snowed hard for quite awhile. The temp wasn't freezing, but it was so much snow it stayed on the ground for over an hour. It was beautiful. Two days ago, we slept with the AC. Earliest snow on record in N.O. Over 100 kids checked out of school today. It was great!!!

It is supposed to get COOOOOOOOOOLD here. The high on Monday is suppose to be 13 degrees. We are FINALLY going to get snow in the mountains. Tourism is dying here because of the lack of snow in the mountains and unfortunately... that is the main part of the economy around here.

As for us...we have a party that we are going to (and not staying long because I don't want to be around food) and then out for drinks with some other friends. That is easy for me to ignore...I don't drink!!

Well off to bed. My shoulder is killing me tonight. Wii injury!!! Be careful on the hammerthrow portion of the Sonic Vs. Mario at the Olympics. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and have been in MAJOR pain yesterday and today.

Donna - Congrats on the restriction. Mine was good today...tomorrow...who knows!