Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

Karri - I am feeling you on being tight - I pb's on a fudgecicle last nite. I was able to get in about a cup of she crab Soup - but very slowly - the diff between me and you is I do get hungry - I most likely got 500 calorie & 57 pt

I am going to give it the weekend and see how I do - If I am not better by Monday will call to get some taken out.

Katrina - since I am on liquids - I am drink my Protein - but I get sick of the sweet stuff - but I may have to look for that powder

Well gotta get to work - just wanted to drop in aand say Hi...

Talk to ya'll later

So it is official now, you are absolutely 100% my band mom. I was starving when I was on liquids and too tight. When I can eat real foods I don't get hungry, but doing constant mushies and liquids for long periods of time my me feel like I was starving. And I too get sick of the sweet stuff. That is one of the reasons I hate those protein drinks! You are lucky that you live so close to your doc and can go in and get some of the fill taken out. I am still tighter than would be perfect for me, but this is at least doable. In the mornings, I have to be careful what I eat, but last night I was able to eat thin crust pizza. I ate more than I normally would have, but the scale was down, so I too agree that sometimes you have to eat a few extra calories to shock your body. I couldn't eat much at one time, but I went back about 2 hours later for more. So to follow my own advice, I asked myself why I went back and ate it cause I really wasn't hungry and I decided it was because I am really overwhelmed right now. Things at school are actually getting better, but because I missed my work days last weekend I am playing HUGE amounts of catch-up. Another reason I ate the pizza was because I COULD! It has been so long since I have been able to eat any kind of real food that isn't soft and mushie that I was in heaven. Yet another reason that you shouldn't be too tight and only be able to drink your food.

Well I still haven't changed my ticker...Maybe tomorrow I will have a brief second to do so! I was down to 178. That numbers seems surreal to me. I am only 4 pounds away from being overweight!!! If I get t my goal, I will still be 5 pounds overweight, but we will cross that hurdle when we get there. Well I still have 1 class worth of projects to grade:frown::redface::frown: so I had best sign off and get busy.

So it is official now, you are absolutely 100% my band mom. I was starving when I was on liquids and too tight. When I can eat real foods I don't get hungry, but doing constant mushies and liquids for long periods of time my me feel like I was starving. And I too get sick of the sweet stuff. In the mornings, I have to be careful what I eat, but last night I was able to eat thin crust pizza..

Karri Yes my baby girl we are very much a like - And doesn't it feel good to have others who are like you.. I love how much we have in common - not just you and me but all of us...

At least this morning had a choc Protein Drink and it went down ok - will have some she crab Soup for lunch. It's the liquids that really kill me - I am ok with mushies - heck I eat soft 90% of the time - but real food sticks with you after i pb's on that fudgecicle - i thought oh hell no i can't live this tight - i pushed it - should have stopped with 1/2 of it - but I was hungry and thought well you are sucking on this -it's a liquid - well my tummy didn't want anything in it - so bye bye...

I want you to know that it's ok to eat pizza every now and don't want you to feel guilty and then even to go back and eat another piece - this is normal - you and I both can get that all or nothing thinking and that's not good - we have to have things we like and enjoy occaissionally if we are going to succeed at this - and remeber the work will always be there you gotta take some time for you... xoxo Janet

You are right and I didn't feel guilty about eating more pizza. I just wanted to think about why I ate more than normal, and those were the 2 reasons I came up with. I am fortunate that I have never pb'd, but there have been 3 or 4 times that I have gotten stuck so bad that I wish I would have. Being on liquids for very long always makes me feel like I am starving. Well I didn't get any grading done cause my principal showed up and we ended up talking the rest of the period. Oh well.

Ok gang - where is everyone - it's 6:30 - went to the gym - was trying talk myself out of it since I can't eat very much that I really didn't need to go - but I said "Janet don't start with the excuses - 1 day turns in to 2 days turns into 3 days - so just did it"

Not much else going on - cleaned up the kitchen fed the dogs - well hopefully everyone is having a good night.

Ck back later...

Doing OK. Family issues so I had no fills from Sept until 012308. Back on track now

Hey Ejay - Welcome to the Lucky #7's -

Hope the family issues have eased up and glad you were able to get your fill - restriction does help... Glad to hear you back on track...

Ok gang - where is everyone - it's 6:30 - went to the gym - was trying talk myself out of it since I can't eat very much that I really didn't need to go - but I said "Janet don't start with the excuses - 1 day turns in to 2 days turns into 3 days - so just did it"

Not much else going on - cleaned up the kitchen fed the dogs - well hopefully everyone is having a good night.

Ck back later...

I'm here!!! Cheez!! You're three days ahead of me on exercise now!! You're really cruisin' on that treadmill!! And, I missed yesterday because of our little trip to Quartzsite. I did get in a little more walking than I planned on!! My scooter batteries died after only THREE HOURS of shopping!! So we found a place to eat and DH took it in and plugged it into the wall. (Didn't ask permission, but they didn't even seem to notice it was plugged in!!) Then we went back to the swap meets but it quit again after only 15 more minutes!! But AZ time it was going on 5pm by then and everything was closing up anyway. But both times, when the batteries quit, I had to walk quite a ways to get to the car!! Forced exercise! Knee hurt after the 2nd time. But I'm tough!

I've been doing a little research on the internet. Doc that you told me about...looks like he is primarilly plastic surgeon and possibly not board certified for WLS, so might not be a good idea. I'd be a little nervous about going to him. But there is one in Riverside and he is even "Center of Excellene" (Medicare requirement), so I sent them an email. BUT, I found out I can get a round trip ticket Palm Springs-Seattle, for 1/3 the cost of what your doc wants to give me a fill! So I might fly up there for about 5 days and time it so I can go the the Seattle Splash Bandster Bash!! Have to call Monday and see how flexible they are about giving me an appt with my doctor. Their "rules" are 1st & 3rd Mondays! I want to fly up on a Tues or Wed & come back on Sunday! If I can't work anything out, I'll just have to bite the bullet until I can get home in April!!

I'm here!!! Cheez!! You're three days ahead of me on exercise now!! You're really cruisin' on that treadmill!! And, I missed yesterday because of our little trip to Quartzsite. I did get in a little more walking than I planned on!! My scooter batteries died after only THREE HOURS of shopping!! So we found a place to eat and DH took it in and plugged it into the wall. (Didn't ask permission, but they didn't even seem to notice it was plugged in!!) Then we went back to the swap meets but it quit again after only 15 more minutes!! But AZ time it was going on 5pm by then and everything was closing up anyway. But both times, when the batteries quit, I had to walk quite a ways to get to the car!! Forced exercise! Knee hurt after the 2nd time. But I'm tough!

I've been doing a little research on the internet. Doc that you told me about...looks like he is primarilly plastic surgeon and possibly not board certified for WLS, so might not be a good idea. I'd be a little nervous about going to him. But there is one in Riverside and he is even "Center of Excellene" (Medicare requirement), so I sent them an email. BUT, I found out I can get a round trip ticket Palm Springs-Seattle, for 1/3 the cost of what your doc wants to give me a fill! So I might fly up there for about 5 days and time it so I can go the the Seattle Splash Bandster Bash!! Have to call Monday and see how flexible they are about giving me an appt with my doctor. Their "rules" are 1st & 3rd Mondays! I want to fly up on a Tues or Wed & come back on Sunday! If I can't work anything out, I'll just have to bite the bullet until I can get home in April!!

Yes I knew he was a ps doc but his office is starting to do lapbands - I wouldn't go to him for surgery - but might for a fill - but if you can get home that cheap and go to the bash - that's what I would do - would you be going alone - or dh going too - if you went alone you could have that little time to yourself...

Exercise - I have already missed 1 day this week so felt I really needed to go and if you walked instead of using your scooter - I would consider that exercise...

Yes I knew he was a ps doc but his office is starting to do lapbands - I wouldn't go to him for surgery - but might for a fill - but if you can get home that cheap and go to the bash - that's what I would do - would you be going alone - or dh going too - if you went alone you could have that little time to yourself...

Exercise - I have already missed 1 day this week so felt I really needed to go and if you walked instead of using your scooter - I would consider that exercise...

Alone, definitely alone!! LOL!

Alone, definitely alone!! LOL!

I figured that - but thought I would ask - heck - even if you can go to Riverside - I might just tell dh you can't and go home and enjoy yourself for a few days....

You are doing good down 60 lbs in 6 months... :hurray:

I really think I am too tight most likely will go Monday and have some taken out... I am suppose to go to the show and out to eat with some gf's tomorrow - gotta go some place with Soup - i guess cheese cake factory - will have some soup cuz I don't know think i could eat anything else... haven't had enought Water - well the micro wave just beeped my soup is ready - hungry so will ck back in a bit.

oxox

J

Janet I can totally sympathize with you. I was excited because I could eat for the second day in a row without pain. I had some chicken and noodles from the Soup that I made for my BF. He was at home all day with the sniffles so I made him some soup. I haven't convinced myself that broth based Soups don't violate the no drinking rule so when I can eat real foods I just eat the stuff from the soup and leave the broth behind. I know, such a rule follower:rolleyes2:.

I didn't get to the gym tonight. I was so tired after work that I just came home and have been sitting in front of the TV. On a good note we got cable today and we are getting a DVR next week. I know...about time I got into the 21st century:rolleyes:. Actually we did it so that I have something to do when my BF is at work when his shift switches. It would be very boring and lonely here by myself. I would end up going to bed early and getting nothing done... or even worse, snacking constantly!

Phyl - Aren't those fill prices crazy! I know most of it is because of the liability of taking on another patient. Hopefully your doc will take your situation into consideration when it comes to giving you a fill. My doc does them everyday...well his nurse does them everyday I should say. I think they do like 40-50 fills per day and they are booked weeks in advance. They have agreements with a lot of doctors from Mexico to do them at significantly reduced prices so that is why they are so busy. Plus he does 1 to 2 surgeries per day. He is busy and rich! Hopefully you won't have to bite the bullet, but either way, 60 pounds in 6 months is dang good!

Well despite the fact that it is a friday night and I am in my 20's and supposed to be out partying...I am going to bed. I seriously can barely keep my eyes open. WAAAAAAAYYYY to many late nights this week. Tomorrow I have to stay up late too. My dad and his son (sorry can't bring myself to call him my brother) are coming and the kid is mad that we are going to the opera together so he pouted enough that we are going to the 9pm showing of Rambo. Again, past my bed time. However, I don't have to get up at 4:45 tomorrow morning so that will make the difference. I do have to go to the gym though.

Nighty Night.

Good Morning Gang

Katrina - since I am on liquids - I am drink my Protein - but I get sick of the sweet stuff - but I may have to look for that powder

Well gotta get to work - just wanted to drop in aand say Hi...

Talk to ya'll later

Janet, I can feel for you on that liquid thing. I too get fills every 2 months or so and this last time when he filled me, I had been complaining about being able to eat anything, including the kitchen sink, so he put .6cc in my band this time (was averaging .2cc at a time) and OMG was I tight. I bet I did not eat more than 300 calories a day and nearly nothing to drink from that Monday till that Friday. I was kinda getting worried but suddenly on Friday it eased up a bit. I am still tight but no where near as tight as I was. I like where I am right now so this may be my sweet spot (if Doc agrees that is...I lost 6 lbs that week alone and cont. to loose a bit faster than I was).

The protein power I was talking about is smoothie King's signature Protein Powder. Do they have Smoothie Kings where you live? They are like a "coffee shop" for nutrition shakes. It is actually officially a juice bar. So kinda like going to GNC where you can find all kinds of nutrition powders, going to Smoothie King you actually buy the shakes themselves. They have a huge assortment of different types of nutrition shakes from shakes specifically for weight gain, muscle bulking, protien specific shakes and of course their wonderful low carb, high Protein Shakes which are awsome Meal Replacements. They can put all kinds of different flavoring and fruits in them. I crave those things sometimes. If you are currious, you can look them up online at Smoothie King Look specifically for the Gladiator Low Carb Meal Replacement under supplements. It is so YUMMY!

My doctor is kinda picky about protein shakes and suppliments but he absolutely LOVES Smoothie King.

I am sooo weighing every day now. I have got to be present the second I drop below 200. As much as I have lost the last 2 weeks, I have suddenly come to a screeching halt just before hitting "onderland" and am pouting greatly. I will be yelling from these mountaintops the second it happens :hurray:

Ok, bedtime for me...you all have a great weekend...

Hmmm...interestingly my web site part of my post did not come out. I guess they block them. The webpage for Smoothie King is www . smoothieking . com without all the spaces.

Since banding, we've been told to stay away from Nsaids ie, Asprin, Motrin, Aleve, Naproxen, Celebrex... and use Tylenol

If anyone is interested in a NON pill headache remedy I have a few suggestions:

1) Dr. Ho's Muscle Relaxer T.E.N.S. unit, it treats headaches and pain anywhere else in your body.

2) Accupunture

3) Ice Packs placed on the head for 20 minutes, rotated with hot packs, then finish with ICE pack.

4) Homeopathic remedy that you APPLY to your forehead HEADON... you've see those crazy commercials... and I use it carry it in my purse at all times. It works!:hurray: