Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

6/20 11/9

Arms 15 13

Chest 44.5 38

Waist 44 38

Hips 50 43

Thights 29 25

Found this card this a.m. with measurments - so got brave and took them..

Hey gang! Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. No update on my wt loss. Haven't weighed myself since my last doc visit. I know, that's bad. I have my next fill on 11/26. I need it. My portion sizes are a little too big.

I have been talking to my counselor about my wt loss. She first brought it up by complimenting me on how great I look. She said it's very obvious. She said my face shape has totally changed. ;) YAY!!!

Anyhow, she has experience dealing w/body image issues...and she said I'm right where I should be. I'm at the place where I'm not focused on food and it's becoming 2nd nature to make healthy choices, etc., etc... She said it's bothering me b/c it doesn't feel as safe as when I had the all the structure like at the beginning of my banding. It totally made sense to me.

Well, just wanted to drop in and say hello!!! :)

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear about your news. ;)

I lost my dad the same way in Feb 2005. He was diagnosed just before Christmas of '04 with cancer. So we only had a few months together to say good bye. Sometimes it seemed like such a short amount of time, sometimes (especially towards the end) it seemed to drag on forever.

It was extremely difficult emotionally for all of us. But I also found it comforting, which sounds very strange. I'll explain as best I can.....

Not all of us get a chance to say good bye. Most often people die suddenly and/or unexpectedly. My dad and I didn't always have a good relationship. So this gave us time to resolve things and say all those things to one another that so many people put off because it's either too morbid or we think there's always tomorrow to say these things.

There were things that were hard to talk about. There were things that I thought of talking about, knowing it would be upsetting for one or both of us. At times they went unsaid because I discovered through this journey that some of those issues I carried around with me just weren't that important. But I DID say all the most important things to him and he to me.

We laughed together. We cried together. We laughed until we cried. I told him all the things I'd miss about him; both good and bad. And he told me the same. It's surprising how much more open you can be with one another when you know your time together is limited. I even composed my eulogy and shard that with him. My sister told me he kept a copy of it with him and would bring it out to read every day while she was with him.

As tough as some of those moments were back then, they actually helped me immensely with the grieving process after he had gone. Probably because we grieved together for those few months we had. I miss him a lot. But there are other days when I "feel" him with me. Days when something will happen and I'll think "Dad would have said this...." He still shares my life with me. :)

Thank you Ruby. Your experience, as painful as it was, is also beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Kathy, I couldn't find a reference on your dad. How can I pray for him? I only saw Mangos post.

My dad was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and is in several places already. We don't expect he will be with us for long. In fact, all this week when I've called him, he is very confused (brain tumor), which is a sign the meds aren't working to reduce the swelling.

Today is my last day in Calgary. I fly home this afternoon. YEAH. I miss my DH and kids. It's also been tough to be here while I'm coming to grips with my dads mortality. Kind of morbid. Eating in restaurants this week was a bit difficult, as I'm so restricted, but I managed relatively ok. I think I will like stepping on the scale tomorrow morning, as I have been exercising all week, and eating so little... should be good (I hope).

Janet, thanks for your great diet police advice... its been really helpful.

Chimboree... nice to hear from you.

Everyone, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my Dad. His name is John Skinner, for those who want to add him to their prayer list.

Blooeyez - You have lost 40 lbs :clap2::clap2: You are not a failure - you have just had a little lapse which is normal - even skinny people eat cake & candy - but just every now and then - it's not that 1st piece of cake that adds the weight but the 2nd & 3rd one.. - You are doing the right thing in getting another fill. You did the right thing by having your son hide the candy You have lived with out sugar for 3 months - Throw the Peanut Butter away now - and from now on don't buy your most fav cake - cuz you know you will eat too much - buy what the kid's like and you don't - for me that wouldn't work - cuz i love cakes - for my DIL I made her a cake and made her take it home with her - I kept just one piece for me... I eat sf double choc puddings & healthy choice fudgecicles almost nightly for my choc fix... If it's something that you can't control how much you eat - don't have it in the house - you wouldn't put a drink in front of an alcohalic - so don't put sugar in front of you.... Just pick yourself up by the boot straps - tomorrow is another day - eat healthy and add a bit more exercise and those 3 lbs will come off quickly...

Good Luck - you can do this - you are woman you are strong !!!

P.S. - You might not know it but I am the food cop aka food angel for the Lucky #7's

So from now on - i am sitting on your shoulder - watching what you eat.;)

And when you want to eat something you shouldn't - I am there telling you not to....:tired:heh:

Thank you for your words of wisdom IndioGirl aka Food Police! :biggrin1:

I did good yesterday, except dinner ... had KFC, never realized a 2 pc. meal would be so high in calories! (of course, I didn't bother to check until after I had eaten) :faint: Never again will I get one of those! Good news is I've lost 2 of the 3 lbs gained and I'm getting another fill tomorrow! :clap2: Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

I can't wait till 2:20 so I can get out of this hell hole. OMG I need a new job!!!!!!!

I'ts only 11:25 and I've already been called to 4 classrooms today to remove trouble makers. Calgon take me away........

Hey gang! Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. No update on my wt loss.

She said my face shape has totally changed. :P YAY!!!

Well, just wanted to drop in and say hello!!! :P

Hey Chim - I was think of you the other day - cuz you hadn't popped int to say hi - we know you are busy with 2 jobs - but we miss you...

Janet, thanks for your great diet police advice... its been really helpful.

Everyone, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my Dad. His name is John Skinner, for those who want to add him to their prayer list.

Kathy - Heart & Prayers with you xoxox Janet

Thank you for your words of wisdom IndioGirl aka food Police! :biggrin1:

:)

BlooEyez - did you eat the skin or with out the skin - skin is my fav part congrats on the loss

I can't wait till 2:20 so I can get out of this hell hole. OMG I need a new job!!!!!!!

I'ts only 11:25 and I've already been called to 4 classrooms today to remove trouble makers. Calgon take me away........

Mango - i want a new job too..

Well grandson didn't past his driving test - didn't look over his shoulder :think i feel so sorry for him - I remember what it's like to get you drivers license - he has to wait 2 weeks - 11/27 ....

Yes he said 1 week liquid - 1 week mushies - 1 week soft and then 4th week back to regular - well i don't listen well - and had fish on monday (baked and soft) tues & wed ck enchillada (1/2 cup) last night squash and ck thigh - tonite will eat fish & squash - so this week was some mushie and a little soft. but lost 3 lbs - so maybe this weekend i will make some more pinto bean soup.. but i find i am hungry - ate a soft taco for lunch with refried Beans that were out of this world.

WOW you must have updated your Picture GF.... you look awesome!

ANd your W/loss is supurb.

Peaches

WOW you must have updated your Picture GF.... you look awesome!

ANd your W/loss is supurb.

Peaches

Thanks Peaches - I think i look like betty davis - a little scary - but took it after work one day when everyone started updating their pics..

On the weight loss - I am working at it - I do think i am at my sweet spot - cuz i do have some restrictions... Watching what you eat and exercise - key key key to losing it... I feel really good - I am in a size 14 pair of jeans today and a top from target - junior section xxl - Out of the plus size section.. Loving it..

How are you doing??

Janet--Sorry to hear about the drivers test. That's so sad. But look at you in size 14 jeans and out of the Plus sizes!!! You're about 10 pounds ahead of me, so maybe in another month or so I'll be where you are. Or maybe not. I have a large frame--size 11 wide shoes even, so it might take a little more than 10 pounds. I think about it once in awhile, but I can't imagine it.

Peaches--looks like you're not doin so bad yourself. Impressive!!

Anyone got anything fun going this weekend? DH'll be out in the garage putzing on his Mini Cooper (an old one that he is restoring), so I have to entertain myself once again. Could go shopping, but it doesn't makes sense to buy clothes now, and we're not buying gifts for the kids this year b/c we're taking all of them and thier spouse/fiancées to Mexico after the youngest two graduate from college in May. It took a lot of plastic to just pay the deposit on that. Anyway, it should be a quiet weekend here which means that food will be on my mind all weekend :P I suppose I could clean something. . .

Janet--Sorry to hear about the drivers test. That's so sad. But look at you in size 14 jeans and out of the Plus sizes!!! You're about 10 pounds ahead of me, so maybe in another month or so I'll be where you are. Or maybe not. I have a large frame--size 11 wide shoes even, so it might take a little more than 10 pounds. I think about it once in awhile, but I can't imagine it.

Peaches--looks like you're not doin so bad yourself. Impressive!!

Anyone got anything fun going this weekend? DH'll be out in the garage putzing on his Mini Cooper (an old one that he is restoring), so I have to entertain myself once again. Could go shopping, but it doesn't makes sense to buy clothes now, and we're not buying gifts for the kids this year b/c we're taking all of them and thier spouse/fiancées to Mexico after the youngest two graduate from college in May. It took a lot of plastic to just pay the deposit on that. Anyway, it should be a quiet weekend here which means that food will be on my mind all weekend :P I suppose I could clean something. . .

Linda

Thanks - I am just as upset as he is - I remember getting my license like it was yesterday and not 36 yrs ago...

My Jeans are plus size from the Avenue - but top isn't - I would say i am a medium frame person - size 9 or 9 1/2 shoe when I was thin before where 10's now - I'm short 5'3 1/2 - say I am 5'4...

I have a couple of parties coming up - and ALL of my tops are way too big (22/24 2x & 3x depending on the style of the blouse) I really really need a few tops - cuz when i try to get dressed for work - i feel good cuz i have lost 47 lbs - but I am drowning in my blouses - so I don't feel cute... So thats my plans for tomorrow - shopping for some tops and maybe bra's.. Going to Uncles house Sunday to criquite (sp) his short story...

I'm like you -if i stick around the house and am not doing anything - i am in the kitchen looking for food - so i do have to stay busy... As long as i am busy I don't think about food...

What are your stops in Mexico - I went w/my Sister last Feb - we did Acauplco - Manzillo (sp) - Xtpata (sp) - Carnival Sprite out of San Diego. 8 days Loved it - But I LOVE CRUISING.....

Hi Jan and company,

Broke into the 170s (178.5).

Just when I think I can find a pattern in the band tightness, it gets blown to heck. I only know that if I'm eating with someone other than mdh, I tend to choke on what I'm eating.

It's unfair on how easy chocolate goes down. To beat this problem I make chocolate dipped rice cakes like I had in Italy, and can only handle 1/2 per feeding. Very chocolate and very filling.

Take care gang.

hI EVERYONE

Went for my third fill today. Weighed in......after losing the same three pounds over and over for about two and a half weeks....I lost 8 pounds. YIPEE!!!!! I am down 49 pounds total. As for restriction?? Not yet. Well, maybe a little bit. Just a little. Each fill the doctor seems to pull out more than the thought I had. He figures I now have about 7ccs in my band. Said I'd have restriction in the next fill or two.

Want to hear something funny. I was in Meijers,(like Walmart) and reached up to get something off the top shelf.......Caught my pants just as they were slipping past my butt. I don't think anyone saw though.

I really had a hard time last night...craving whatever....so I went to the old standby...a spoon full of chunky Peanut Butter. OOPS. 3 of them. Then I checked the calories. OOPS again. So I got on my exerbike and went another 40 minutes. Said I burned over 1200 calories. I need to get my knee replaced, Soon.

iT'S FRIDAY GUYS......EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR WEEK END AND DON'T PIG OUT TOO MUCH.

did you eat the skin or with out the skin - skin is my fav part congrats on the loss

Thank you! Nope, I tried eating the skin but it got stuck and came back up :omg: