Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

dmtjet, it sounds to me like she is going back to her own bad habits, and that's not good in itself. You have to change your mind before you can change your body!!

dmtjet, I'm sure you raised her right, and she'll be careful. Put some confidence in your parenting and you'll make it thru the next week!!

quote]

I hope you are right about that! She's a good kid, but in that situation, who knows. Plus, tons of guys are going to go along, to buy her a drink!!! How many drinks, can you drink?????? At least, she ate good tonight!!! Still, doesn't help with the mommy jitters!!!! They are always our babies!!!!:help:

Sunny, isn't it an awful feeling????? Like, I know she is a good kid, I know she has a good head on her shoulders, I know she makes me proud in so many areas of her life, but I am still scared to death, because in that situation, they just don't think straight. Plus, you got to worry about everyone else going along!!! She works at Chili's as a waitress and some of the male clients are going to go, just to buy her a drink!!! Holy Cow, talk about pressure!!!! When my oldest turned 21, she was studying abroad in London! I wasn't around and didn't know what was happening! Luckily, it wasn't as big of a thing, because she had been able to go to the bars when she arrived there, due to their age being 18. So 4 months later, when her birthday rolled around it wasn't such a big deal!!!! It's different this time!!!! My baby always pushes the envelope!!! I tell her all the time, she's into shock therapy, I swear she does and says things just to push me right over the edge!!! The oldest would say, "I won't drink!" and the youngest would chime in, "I can't wait!!! I'll be pounding them away!!!" My girls are complete opposites, night and day!!! Love them both, but night and day!!!!

dmtjet, it sounds to me like she is going back to her own bad habits, and that's not good in itself. You have to change your mind before you can change your body!!

You are right!!! Concerns me!!! I came to far to go that route!!! Plus, once you get restriction, I would think that would make it that much harder!!! You would have to be much hungrier, I would think!:faint:

Jeanie, my baby turns 21 on August 26. I feel your pain ;) I have to be on Clear Liquids tomorrow for supper so tonight was like the last supper. We went to Red Lobster too, one of MY very favorite places to go. I was looking to see what I could eat post-banding. Its amazing how much we all have in common.

Hey, Sunny, we may be able to do some matchmaking!!!!!!! Never know, it may be a love connection!!!!!:whoo:

Hi all, I am now in BANDLAND!!!! I feel pretty good. A little sore and gassy. Dr. Martines said my liver was fine. I'm pretty groggy, think I dozzed of sitting here. Going back to bed. Love ya all, Renee

First, I knew better than to join a group of women!! I am scheduled for 7/26 (2 days away) and Aunt Flo just arrived. If I had only stayed away!!

At pre-op today, they told us that we were getting the new band and it already has a fill. We are still to schedule one in 4 weeks.

Also said that the swelling in the early days is what helps us not feel hungry. When you start to feel real hunger, your insides have healed up for the most part. (for what it's worth) I am asked to do liquids for 2 weeks, or at least 10 days. at 14 days or when real hunger starts sometime after day 10, I can try mushies.

Congrats for everyone banded today, and prayers for those tomorrow!!

Please add me to Thursdays list. I was missing :cry. CC

No fair... my doctor is a female!!!! :faint: I could use some eye candy while going thru this ordeal!!!

Oh yes, I love Red Lobster too, luckly DH doesn't care for it very much or else I would weigh twice as much. ;) I can't wait until I have reached my sweet spot and all and can eat very small portions of everything. Just like I have always seen skinny people do, they eat a little bit and then seem to lose all interest in the food. Boy, now that's a dream.

Renee, Glad you are doing well and NewCC, you are right around the corner!!! Congrats, Girls!!! You girls and your Auntie Flo!!! Geez, I am sooo glad I had my thermal ablation done a few years back and I rarely get a visitor anymore!! Once or twice a year and that's about it!!!! I don't envy any of you! Although, I am told once I lose some of this weight, it just may come back!!! Ahh, YIPPEE!!!!!;)

Cazulay, I hear you on losing interest in the food. I can honestly say though, I didn't want anymore than what I had tonight. My doc said if I really want something, have a bite or two and then you won't feel deprived and you won't be as likely to binge or overdo something! He said once I have restriction, there won't really be forbidden foods, but rather "better choices!!!" I guess it makes sense!!!

I am glad I got my visit last week, and I am on the pill so I should be fine, but you'all got me kind of worried!!!

Did anyone have to do a BM cleaning before surgery?