Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thank you so much Indio. You know how us "moms" are. I have 3 boys, two keep in touch, but this one. . .well he's his own person. I hope that you will be able to avoid any problems with the fires as well. Sounds like tomorrow might be another terrible day. I live in Wisconsin, right on the shore of Lake Michigan. It's nice from June - October, but the rest of the time we get the damp, bone chilling wind off the lake. Thanks once again for the reassurance.

Hey Chim--don't forget your birthday twin here! I'll be thinking of you girl. My dh is taking me on a tour of a brewery (we like our beer here in Wisconsin) and then to my favorite rib place afterwards. It will be fine as now we just share a meal and he gets a desert. So how are you celebrating?

Hey Lindaa!!! Happy Early Birthday!!! Sounds like you have a great evening planned. I will be going out of town and staying at a hotel (a Hilton Garden Inn for $39! - My employee discount.) w/my friend. He's gonna take me out for dinner and then we'll probably catch a movie, too. I'm not exactly sure what he has planned. We'll see. I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what.

Indio, I loved your rant! You are so right...

We are all strong and we all can and will do this!

The sad part about the story is how true it is. I use to would starve here at work all day just because I didnt wont people to realize that I was fat because I simply eat too much. So 9 hours at work and I would be pretty much starved by the time I got home, only to get home and stuff my face with 2 or sometimes 3 lil debbies. while I cooked a big dinner. This girl I work with weighs about 120 pounds, and was always offering me advise on how to be her size and I would always just want to choke her. Granted, I know if you cut calories and exercise you will lose weight. But for how long? And when I would "cut" calories and exercise I wouldnt lose. The reason: I would pig out at home or in my car when noone was looking. I would get up at 2 am and scarf down a bag of oreos, then wake up at 7 am and the only memory I would have of it would be chocolate on my fingers. So ashamed of it that I would blame the kids for eating the Cookies to my DH. Then feel guilty about the entire situation all day, just to go to bed and do the exact same thing again. This band coincides with my willpower. It stops me from "piggin out". My life has changed so much since July. I never feel guilty or ashamed anymore. I actually feel good when I eat. I cant remember how long its been since I felt good about eating.......:hungry:

The sad part about the story is how true it is. I use to would starve here at work all day just because I didnt wont people to realize that I was fat because I simply eat too much. So 9 hours at work and I would be pretty much starved by the time I got home, only to get home and stuff my face with 2 or sometimes 3 lil debbies. while I cooked a big dinner. This girl I work with weighs about 120 pounds, and was always offering me advise on how to be her size and I would always just want to choke her. Granted, I know if you cut calories and exercise you will lose weight. But for how long? And when I would "cut" calories and exercise I wouldnt lose. The reason: I would pig out at home or in my car when noone was looking. I would get up at 2 am and scarf down a bag of oreos, then wake up at 7 am and the only memory I would have of it would be chocolate on my fingers. So ashamed of it that I would blame the kids for eating the Cookies to my DH. Then feel guilty about the entire situation all day, just to go to bed and do the exact same thing again. This band coincides with my willpower. It stops me from "piggin out". My life has changed so much since July. I never feel guilty or ashamed anymore. I actually feel good when I eat. I cant remember how long its been since I felt good about eating.......:hungry:

Told you we are all alike - even though we are different.

I still eat in the middle of the night - but now it's sf pudding and sf fudgecicles - If i could just quit this behavior - I would save about 200 calories a day... But I can't so at least it's 200 c and not 1000 = NSV..

Indio - I have to go back to read your post. I have to hurry and write this cause my secretary ain't here and I have a swamp of work to do.

I have to leave at 1:00 to go about 40mins away to get an unfill. I can't even get Water down. I spent 2 hours last night trying to get in some Water and spitting up continual foam.

The nurse will be on this side of Lake Pontratrain tomorrow, but I can't wait. I'm in pain.

It's pretty sad when you feel you have to eat in private because you know how disgusting it is. Taco Bell just yesterday...Nachos and Bean Burrito. Ate so fast I could not even tell you what is taste like. I cannot wait until I get my band and know I can no longer do that to myself. It really is a disease. Thank God I decided to get this going before it was too far off the mark to deal with. I just know how important food is to me now. Does that go away after you get banded? Do you not look forward to special meals for fear of not being able to enjoy?

Indio - I have to go back to read your post. I have to hurry and write this cause my secretary ain't here and I have a swamp of work to do.

I have to leave at 1:00 to go about 40mins away to get an unfill. I can't even get Water down. I spent 2 hours last night trying to get in some water and spitting up continual foam.

The nurse will be on this side of Lake Pontratrain tomorrow, but I can't wait. I'm in pain.

Mango - Sorry that you aren't doing welll - go get unfilled that's the most important - rant will be here when you get back..

I go @ 10 for my 2nd fill....

It's pretty sad when you feel you have to eat in private because you know how disgusting it is. Taco Bell just yesterday...Nachos and Bean Burrito. Ate so fast I could not even tell you what is taste like. I cannot wait until I get my band and know I can no longer do that to myself. It really is a disease. Thank God I decided to get this going before it was too far off the mark to deal with. I just know how important food is to me now. Does that go away after you get banded? Do you not look forward to special meals for fear of not being able to enjoy?

Heather

I think most of us had Last Meal Mentaility - that we could never eat again - but the experienced banders told me I would/could eat after the band. What changes is that those high calorie nachos just aren't as appealing as they once were (at least to me) - plus you can't eat nachos & burrito all in one sitting anyway - I find that all the work that went into getting my band (had TONS of test) the visits with the nurtisionist, reading on this board - has changed my way of thinking - I have lost 40 lbs since July - this equates to 4 - 10lbs bags of potatoes that i am no longer carrying around. I feel so much better.

There was a day when I was 1st on soft food - that i was really tired (one of my triggers to over eat) and i started to fry some bacon to make white cream gravy - had the bacon in the frying pan... Looked at it and said to myself - Janet - you went through all this work to get a lapband and you are going to screw it up by eating cream gravy & rice - come on you don't need it - Guess what - I threw it away and ate something heathly. I still go out to eat - will be hungry very hungry think with my old brain - order taco enchallida & bean - want to include a chili relleno but don't want to look like a pig - food comes - I can only eat the taco.

Our brains are our problem not our tummies - Once they develope something for that - then the issue of being fat will be cured 100%.

But I find that the band helps so very much - I think about what i am eating - I plan - I don't keep junk in the house - I don't think about food 24/7 - I still get hungry yes - I can over eat too - but I try and choose low calorie low fat sf foods...

It's a great tool - but that's all it is - ya gotta do the head work too.

But it does clear your mind enought so that you can - and this site is a great help - heck I am here way too often when I should be working - I think it's my transfer addiction :biggrin1: !!!!

Heather

I think most of us had Last Meal Mentaility - that we could never eat again - but the experienced banders told me I would/could eat after the band. What changes is that those high calorie nachos just aren't as appealing as they once were (at least to me) - plus you can't eat nachos & burrito all in one sitting anyway - I find that all the work that went into getting my band (had TONS of test) the visits with the nurtisionist, reading on this board - has changed my way of thinking - I have lost 40 lbs since July - this equates to 4 - 10lbs bags of potatoes that i am no longer carrying around. I feel so much better.

There was a day when I was 1st on soft food - that i was really tired (one of my triggers to over eat) and i started to fry some bacon to make white cream gravy - had the bacon in the frying pan... Looked at it and said to myself - Janet - you went through all this work to get a lapband and you are going to screw it up by eating cream gravy & rice - come on you don't need it - Guess what - I threw it away and ate something heathly. I still go out to eat - will be hungry very hungry think with my old brain - order taco enchallida & bean - want to include a chili relleno but don't want to look like a pig - food comes - I can only eat the taco.

Our brains are our problem not our tummies - Once they develope something for that - then the issue of being fat will be cured 100%.

But I find that the band helps so very much - I think about what i am eating - I plan - I don't keep junk in the house - I don't think about food 24/7 - I still get hungry yes - I can over eat too - but I try and choose low calorie low fat sf foods...

It's a great tool - but that's all it is - ya gotta do the head work too.

But it does clear your mind enought so that you can - and this site is a great help - heck I am here way too often when I should be working - I think it's my transfer addiction :biggrin1: !!!!

LOL....Indio.....Im addicted or nosey tooo....I love to see whats going on with everyone........And like you said it keeps me in check.....

Wow! There's been a lot of activity on here since I last posted. I see that everyone is doing well with their weight loss.

I'm scared to join the weight loss chaallenge because my mind isn't right just yet. I still have that "suppose I don't make it" mentality but I know that isn't the way I should be thinkning. I'm staying positive and I'm joining so count me in.

10 lbs by Thanksgiving!!!!

Wow! There's been a lot of activity on here since I last posted. I see that everyone is doing well with their weight loss.

I'm scared to join the weight loss chaallenge because my mind isn't right just yet. I still have that "suppose I don't make it" mentality but I know that isn't the way I should be thinkning. I'm staying positive and I'm joining so count me in.

10 lbs by Thanksgiving!!!!

ssankofa - If some of us don't make it - no biggie - but just maybe it will help when we want to eat a little more than we should or something (like halloween candy) we shouldn't... That little angel on your shoulder.:)

May also inspire some to get up an move more too...

It all good - just a motivational boost...

BTW, my current weight is 235...so I need to get down to 225 by Thanksgiving. :)

Chim, it's great to see you back on here. Sorry you've been so busy, we've missed you!

What little angel on your shoulder. Mine is red with a tail and horns telling me "GO AHEAD!"

Cuz you don't have me - on your shoulder

I am the Lucky #7 food cop or angel as i like to call myself

I can become the devil - but i'm not going to say go ahead

I am going to YELL - PUT IT DOWN YOU DON'T NEED IT!!!!!

:):P:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Janet, All I can say is that you are my kind of woman. Brutally honest! Thanks for making me see myself in you.