Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Wow, Kathy, that is amazing. Thanks for sharing that story. I can't imagine how painful it must be to lose a child.

Well, I haven't been doing so well. I had a bbq here at home today, totally overate and ended up in the bathroom pbing. Not a pleasant experience. I need to get a LapBand for my head, my self-control is starting to fault. I need to be stronger and remind myself that ' nothing tastes as good as being thin feels'

It's all about he headwork ladies, mind over matter.

Let's all hang in there and we shall succeed.

I got my 2nd fill on Thurs. I was expecting 2cc, but she only gave me 1.5cc, saying I was doing relatively well. I was really disappointed with this... but thank GOD she didn't give me any more!!! WOW, what restriction!!! I can eat, but only if I cut everything up really fine and really chew... I know, I know, this is what we are supposed to do. But since my surgery I've only had mild restriction and could eat pretty much anything. Not now.

On Friday, I PB'd on scrambled eggs at Breakfast, then on chicken at dinner, then on applesauce before bed!!! Can you imagine... PB'ing on applesauce. Phyl, CeCe, Jackie, Linda, Janet, any anyone else that I missed... all of your pictures are amazing!!! You all are beautiful (before and after) and your hard work is so noticable. You are an inspiration to me since I haven't lost much post op (8 lbs only). Keep up the good work everyone!

Kathy - How great to finally get to the place where you can't eat as much - I still find it so strange how every doc is diff - I will be on full lliquids for the week after my fill, the week of mushies and week of soft.. But in know that after my 1st fill i could only eat 1/2 of a dannon lite yorgurt - I truely have mostly been going off self control for the last few weeks and find my will power fading sometimes and i have- Last night went to ealry dinner w/x-dh (we are still friends) and was starving as i hadn't eaten all day and wanted to order the whole menu but got my usual taco enchillda rice & Beans - had a couple of chips and could only eat the taco - then about 9 hungry so i ate the enchillda and beans that I had brougth home.. Thanks for the complement - still got a ways to go - but we will all get there eventually due to our band - self and our support system here...

I had to share my amazing day with everyone. Each year at work we have what we call "C-Day" which stands for Charity Day. It's held on a Saturday, and those who want to participate come into work for 6 hours and donate what they would have earned to our focus charities. The company then matches these.

We usually have about 100-130 people participate each year and it raises around $40,000-$50,000 for our charities. Each year we choose a different local charity.

This year was a bit more personal and emotional. One of our employees lost his daughter a year ago due to an infection after an appendicitis. She was only 8 years old, and it was really sudden and unexpected. To help cope with her loss, the family created a memorial fund in her name to help support childrens charities.

I remember when she died, it broke me up, as she was the same age as my son, and he is such a dedicated father.

Our focus charity this year is her memorial fund. We found out today we increased participation at the event by 40% vs. last year, and raised almost $90,000!!!!! What an amazing thing to be a part of. Had to share!

Kathy - I know how great it feels to help other - my hat is off to you for being such a giving woman

Wow, Kathy, that is amazing. Thanks for sharing that story. I can't imagine how painful it must be to lose a child.

Well, I haven't been doing so well. I had a bbq here at home today, totally overate and ended up in the bathroom pbing. Not a pleasant experience. I need to get a LapBand for my head, my self-control is starting to fault. I need to be stronger and remind myself that ' nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' It's all about he headwork ladies, mind over matter. Let's all hang in there and we shall succeed.

I agree Cazulay - it's truely the headwork - as i have alway said too band they didn't band our brains...;)

Brandy

What's your secert ???

You were banded a day before me and 3.5 a head of me.. Not that this is a race or anything - but you are doing really good.. How many fills

what are you eating & whats your exercise.... I go next week for my 2nd fill - i can eat too much - eat good 98% of the time but even then can eat about 2 cups of food per meal...

No real secret! I was banded 7/16 and have only had two fills. Mainly, I try to eat around 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day and exercise very regularly. I'm eating more carbs now, but still try to eat the required amount of Protein. And although it's not a race, in this one, we're all winners I think!

Indio, And after a fill, my Dr just suggests liquid for the day. I'm on full solids and have been since my first fill (actually, maybe a little before). I was having trouble and then doing well the last week or so and then pb'd tonight on a porkchop. I've eaten them successfully, but pb'd at least twice on them...so maybe it's something I should avoid for awhile.

Ok, so one thing I want to encourage us all with (myself included) is that typically if you have more weight to lose, you will lose it faster than those who don't have as much to lose. I know I keep comparing myself to my surgeon who had his surgery about 5 weeks before I did, but he also weighed about 50 lbs more than I did. And, I know he too has hit a plateau.

So, as long as you are doing everything you can to eat less (and the foods we know we should eat), you will start catching up on weight loss too. I was plateaued for about 12 weeks, and after my fill a week and a half ago, I'm finally losing again and am down 3 pounds. But, my Dr did say that it can take more fills before we hit the "sweet" spot. Don't lose hope, just keep eating the right foods (as I'm eating boneless wings from Applebees) and working out. ;)

Anyways, I am encouraged seeing your pictures and wanted to post a couple of mine. The first picture is from January of 2006 which is what I looked like before surgery too. I was getting ready to go skiing and can't wait to try it again this year since my calves are a little smaller. Hopefully the boots will fit better. :) The second one was taken last week with one of our beautiful sunsets here in Northern Arizona.

I hope you all have a GREAT WEEK and I'll talk to you again soon.

~Nichole

post-220877-13813135707967_thumb.jpg

post-220877-13813135708418_thumb.jpg

No real secret! I was banded 7/16 and have only had two fills. Mainly, I try to eat around 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day and exercise very regularly. I'm eating more carbs now, but still try to eat the required amount of Protein. And although it's not a race, in this one, we're all winners I think!

Brandy

You and I are doing the same kind of eating & exercise plan...

I know it's not a race:) I was making a funny - I can't wait for my 2nd fill on Wed.. I think this will help me - as lately it's been more will power than band... :)

Looking good there Nichole. :)

NSV - I got into a pair of size 16 jeans over the weekend and they were comfortable. :whoo:

I'm on my way to Onderland. I was hoping to get there by Halloween, but won't be disappointed if it takes a little longer. I've got 5lbs to go!!! :biggrin1:

Hi Everybody,

I just got back to work from my 3rd fill. First she pulled all the previous fills out into the needle, I guess checking to see if it was there. Then she put in 1.5. So I have 5.5. I haven't lost anything in the 2 weeks since the last fill. I drank when we went camping this weekend, but we hiked a lot and biked so I thought I was working it off.

I'm trying to drink coffee, and I am continually belching. It feels like somethings stuck in my throat. Does the belching and this feeling go away? It ain't pleasant.

One other thing - I'm starting to get a little nervous about the amount of hair coming out everytime I brush. I used to rarely have to clean out my hair brush now I'm doing it daily.

Looking good there Nichole. :)

NSV - I got into a pair of size 16 jeans over the weekend and they were comfortable. :whoo:

I'm on my way to Onderland. I was hoping to get there by Halloween, but won't be disappointed if it takes a little longer. I've got 5lbs to go!!! :biggrin1:

Ruby

CONGRATS on the NSV - size 16:whoo:

5lbs to go that's great too :clap2:

Indio - Thank you for that! I'm very excited. :biggrin1:

Mango - Are you getting your daily requirement of Protein and taking a Vitamin supplement? I've been fairly good with my protein and have been religious with my Vitamins. I've actually found my hair has grown a lot faster and thicker since surgery. I take the kids Flintstones with Iron chewables.< /p>

Hi Everybody,

I just got back to work from my 3rd fill. First she pulled all the previous fills out into the needle, I guess checking to see if it was there. Then she put in 1.5. So I have 5.5. I haven't lost anything in the 2 weeks since the last fill. I drank when we went camping this weekend, but we hiked a lot and biked so I thought I was working it off.

I'm trying to drink coffee, and I am continually belching. It feels like somethings stuck in my throat. Does the belching and this feeling go away? It ain't pleasant.

One other thing - I'm starting to get a little nervous about the amount of hair coming out everytime I brush. I used to rarely have to clean out my hair brush now I'm doing it daily.

Mango

Ya gotta live life a litte so a drink or 2 ain't going to kill you - i would just try and make sure that they aren't too high in calories. You sound like you are alittle tight - but i have read alot of people are in the morning - I would do liquids for a day or 2 as your body adjust to the fill - plus if you went to the mountains maybe the altadutes (sp) messed with the tightness - after a day or 2 if it doesn't relax you can alway get a tad taken out.

Hair issue - This is an issue - I have read alot on this issue as i have thin fine hair to begin with - #1 they really don't know what causes it - it will happen to some and not other here are some of the reasons i have read about putting you under (anstesia sp) - the drastice cut in your calories - fat & Protein. and usually starts 3 months out... and I have read that even people who get all their protien take botin still lose some of their hair - but the good news is that it does grow back.

I had a gf who did medifast for about 8 months - she has very thick hair and she lost tons - but it is coming back now that she is eating better .

I have been taking botin (not 100% answer) make sure i get all my protein (again not 100 answer) and luckliy i haven't lost any - cuz i really can't afford to..

Go search Hair loss in thread tools - read and see what you come up with - but from what i gather - no one really knows why it happens to some and not other and even your doc will tell you that it can happen..

Thanks Indio for the tips.

Ruby - I also take the Flintstones.

Are you taking one a day or two?

My doc says 2 in the morning and 2 at nite - but i forget half the time..

Also vit b complex sublingual...

Hi everyone...I did it! I finally made it to the gym. I went on Friday night and actually had a blast there. I am going again tonight. Trying to get one of them bowflex bodies....lol...Anyway, how was everyones weekend? Mine, good just not long enough. Setting a mini goal today of 9 lbs by Thanksgiving. That will put me under 160...Anyone else want to set a mini goal with my to accomplish by Thanksgiving?

Indio - Thank you for that! I'm very excited. :biggrin1:

Mango - Are you getting your daily requirement of Protein and taking a Vitamin supplement? I've been fairly good with my protein and have been religious with my Vitamins. I've actually found my hair has grown a lot faster and thicker since surgery. I take the kids Flintstones with Iron chewables.< /p>

My hair seems to be thinning out, too, but my DH says thin hair is better than 100 lb+ of fat! He's right! I'm not going to worry about it. They say it peaks at 3-4 mos after surgery and then starts coming back. Just take all the right supplements to keep it to a minimum. :mullet: