Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Caolin

Congrats on hitting the 200's!!! It won't be long before you hit your next goal.

Everyone

I read all the posts quickly but couldn't comment on all of them due to time constraints. For all who are struggling...... hang in there. For all who are doing well....... keep up the good work.

I had my 1st post band omlette to today. It was from this restaurant called the Grand Luxe. I had 1/2 of it (about 1 cup) with a handful of french fries and 1/3 of a slice of chocolate cake (I shared a dessert with my sis and a friend. This is a good idea if you feel like having dessert but you don't want all of the calories for yourself). I need to learn how to use this online journal on this site.

Walking record

I did 45 minutes around the neighborhood. I even went up to my old high school and walked around the grounds there.

Good Morning All! Just wanted to wish everyone a great day and another day to work on reaching our weight loss goals! We can do it! Personally, I am struggling with being able to overeat and am anxiously awaiting a fill!!! :)

Another busy day as I am meeting with a lady that was banded the same day and same doc as me. Her daughter has a band buddy that had it done the same day as she did also. So my mom and I are going to meet with the three of them today and socialize and compare notes, lol!

Then Bible Study tonight and in between ... Well, who knows, definitely need to do the bills!! Absolutely hate doing those, but everything I get done now will be one less thing to worry about once work is in full swing!!! Next week, I have two full scheduled days at work and then the following Monday is the real deal!!! No kiddos til Weds. of that week though! Yikes, I hate this time of year ... love what I do and love the little ones, but hate getting back in the groove!!!! I may have to rest a little this week in preparation and .... my room isn't done yet either!!! :help:

Cazulay, are you ready to go back to work???? I hate this time of year!!! Though health-wise I feel better than I have in years! So in that respect I will be way more ready for this! Hopefully, not as drained and a lot more energetic!!!!! Well, at least that is the plan!!! LOL:nervous

ssankofa73, you're doing great, Girl!!! Keep it up!!! Omelette sounds wonderful!!! It is amazing how things we used to find not so appealing, now makes us drool, lol!!!!!!!!:Banane20:

Brandy, you are doing great with your calories! That is very hard to do! Now, I find I can eat way too much and quite a few more calories than I need!!! It is tough to not eat it, when you want it!!! :Banane20:

Caolin, you are moving right along with that weight loss! It is wonderful to be meeting our goals!!! Keep it up and your next goal is just around the corner!!!!:clap2:

Marcy, another cold snap is moving through here! Today will be in the mid to upper 80's, but tomorrow a high of 74 and Sat. they say 67!!!! Definitely thinking of you, Girl!!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation!:)

Sunny, Chim, Kathy, Lynette, Laurend, Dini ... have a great day!!!! Everyone else ... keep inspiring us all to do our best!!!! Everyone seems to be doing just GREAT!!!!! Yeah, GO US!!!!!:whoo:

Jeanie- I am really not ready to go back, I am really enjoying staying home this year. I just got back from the school, and gave away a lot of stuff, and put away a whole bunch more. So my class is looking like an actual class right now! Yeah. Now I won't go back until Tuesday, that's when we all go back full-time.

I went to my game thing last night and had 1/4 of an echilada from a casserole, that was made with ground beef and cheese, lots and lots of it. Man, that hit me like a ton of bricks. My tummy felt so heavy and full, I couldn't sleep at night, and kept waking up with heartburn. No fun. I will have 1/8 of an enchilada next time!

Marcy, I'll have to watch for that commercial now. It sounds like it was a good one.

Jackie, you mentioned the Dairy Queen. We live 1 block from our DQ, and I've been so good, haven't been since before pre banding, but OMG, my DH brings it home for him and my son about 3 times a week. I haven't caught myself drooling yet, but them Hunter gets a cup with sprinkles and eyeballs, and DH gets a shake, and I've had enough of those lately, so they don't bother me.

Caolin, already in the next size down, how wonderful.

dmtjet, I remember riding like it was yesterday. I loved it, and my ex was an experienced rider. My DH is not experienced, at all, and it really scares me to imagine myself on the back with him. But when I was with my ex, I used to drive his bike, just around the park, or in a large grassy area. I loved it. I felt cool. I used to have dreames I pulled up to work on it, or I was riding around on it. I actually layed it down at the park one day. I thought my ex was going to kiill me, but I didn't do any damage!

Hey gang! Sounds like everyone is doing great! I love it!

Indiogirl:

"As far as shopping - i am buying too much. Once I took the 3 packages of fish and 1 chick and weighted it out i have enought for 3 weeks... And veggies - my eyes have always been bigger than my tummy. I guess i am afaired i am going to starve - yea right got enough reserve to feed an army happy.gif"

Oh, my gosh!! I'm doing the same thing. DH told me last night, "NO MORE CANNED GOODS until we use some of what we have!! " And he keeps complaining about all the leftovers in the fridge!

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! We DID go out to dinner last night, to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle!! What a ride!! Weather was beautiful... clear, blue skies.. fantastic view of the area. Restaurant rotates so we got a 360 view and sat there enjoying it over dinner... AND a glass of wine, for about 1 1/2 rotations and then went up to the observation deck to look some more!! Oh, yeah, I had "out of this world" seafood Pasta. Won't talk about the noodles and rich sauce, but it was loaded with clams, still in the shell, scallops, salmon, cod, mussels. All the bread went to my DH, BUT HE DID CUT THE CRUST OFF ONE SMALL PIECE FOR ME . I brought enough home for four 1/2 cup servings, so I did pretty good, though surely ate more than 1/2 cup. :hungry:

We still had another "food fight" though, on the ferry on the way home from camping, over a cup of clam chowder!! He is trying to help!! But he's such a control freak and he read too much of my lap band info, including one of my books, so he KNOWS TOO MUCH!!! `Or thinks he does!! :heh:

Clean the plate club?? Oh, yes!! About 30 years ago when our kids were 4-10 yrs, we were staying at my in-laws for a few days and one morning the kids were having trouble fixing all the food that had been prepared for them. They wanted to be excused and I said okay when MOL chirped in and said they had to clean their plates. She kept insisting and finally I told her that I looked the way I did because I had to do that growing up. I told her our kids did NOT have to clean their plates and they'd eaten enough. So she says "what about all the starving children in Africa???" And I said, "well, send it to them because they don't have to finish it!!" I'm sure I was quoted to all her other kids and anyone else who would listen for a lot of years after that! I felt a little guilty for being disrespectful, but I'd had enough!!

Jeanie:

I have trouble with swelling when the weather gets warm and when I'm sitting in the car and/or motor home for a long time... as in yesterday and the day before.

Ruby:

Rubbermaid makes some 1/2 cup containers with lids. I got two packs of eight at Albertson's for $4 each. So when I come home with leftovers... like my seafood pasta :), I put it directly into those little containers. Helps keep me on track with my 1/2 cup servings.

We still had another "food fight" though, on the ferry on the way home from camping, over a cup of clam chowder!! He is trying to help!! But he's such a control freak and he read too much of my lap band info, including one of my books, so he KNOWS TOO MUCH!!! `Or thinks he does!!heh.gif
I think your husband and my brother are the same person. He used to date the nutritionist for a bariatric surgeon in Memphis, so he thinks he knows everything about the band. I think he's starting to realize just how much he doesn't know, though, every time he asks whether I should be doing something or other, and I say yes.

Indiogirl:

"

We still had another "food fight" though, on the ferry on the way home from camping, over a cup of clam chowder!! He is trying to help!! But he's such a control freak and he read too much of my lap band info, including one of my books, so he KNOWS TOO MUCH!!! `Or thinks he does!! :heh:

Phyllser aren't you on soft food yet?? 27 days out??:) You can't eat clam chowder yet?? You are doing great if you are only eating 1/2 cup at a meal - i am 1 to 2 cups - last night had 1 cup squash & 2/3 cup sopa (mexican Pasta for those who don't know :Banane20:)with a 2 tblsp of cheese and that was dinner - I still had some watermelon in the middle of the night and 2 sf puddings... (I wonder what kind of Fit your DH would have if he was my DH :guess - I guess it would be battle royal - cuz if you tell me not to eat - I am going to eat that much more)

I really wish that when i went to sleep i would stay asleep :notagree

200 x 7 1400 calories i would save in a week that's about 1/2lbs - but again i am only eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day including my night time raids.:bandit

Ruby:

Rubbermaid makes some 1/2 cup containers with lids. I got two packs of eight at Albertson's for $4 each. So when I come home with leftovers... like my seafood Pasta :), I put it directly into those little containers. Helps keep me on track with my 1/2 cup servings.

Thanks Auntie Phyll. I'll definitely have to go and get some for myself. :Banane20:

Jeanie- I am No fun. I will have 1/8 of an enchilada next time!

CeCe

I ate 4 on Saturday - not all at once but from 6 to 12 midnite...

yes i was full but they tasted good and again that night time monster takes over my body and or should i say will power :)

So no more stuff like that in the house - if i can't control myself with whatever - it's not coming thru the front - back or side door..:nervous

Howdy ya'll. I've been away for a while due to life keeping me extremely busy. However I do have good news. I've now lost 31 pounds! My first goal was to break the 30# mark, my next goal is #35 mark.

I feel so good. My knees don't hurt walking up and down stairs any more. We were talking about my weight loss at work and in the warehouse they have 1#, 5# and 25# bags. We went back and stacked them up on each other and it really helped me realize how much 31# is! It's crazy to think I use to carry that around on my body.

Eating hasn't been bad at all. The problem I have is I eat Breakfast so early due to work and then have to wait 6 hours for lunch and I'm starved by lunch time. I have to reschedule my first fill next month due to work reasons but I'm really looking forward to it so it'll help with the hunger.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Hang in there if it's rough - you can do it!

Wrangler- congratulations!!! That's fantastic,31 lbs.! Wow! Yes, I have been thinking about how much the weight is also, and how could I carry on me all the time? No wonder I was always exhausted.

Brandy[/size] - Wow' date=' that is one strict regiment for the AP band!!! The notification I received from the place I got my surgery was just passing along the requirements from the maker of the band. Go figure!! But either way, with those restrictions, you will definitely lose the weight and fast!!! Good luck!![/quote']

Thanks Caolin! I appreciate your good wishes. I did call the doctor today and moved my fill date up a week, so if there are any complications, it won't spoil my trip. She said that no special diet was required after the first fill, you'd just stay on whichever phase of foods you are on. She did say however, that if you were swollen, than liquids might be good for the rest of the day, especially warm liquids...go figure.

So to anyone who has had a fill.... do u stay full longer and eat less? LoL I'm starting to feel like nothing has changed... i know im slowley losing weight but i just need to know it does get better!!!