Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Chimoree- You absolutly should have posted about your walk. I in no way felt obligated to sponsor you, I was excited and happy for you! I really wish you the best and you are walking for such a wonderful cause. You are walking for us!! This is something that has effected all of us, and Im sure that we are all greatful for your participation.

Did anyone see 'Big Medicine" last night. There was a woman who was banded and her Dr. Stated that people who are banded lose on an average 3-5 lbs per MONTH. It is a much slower weight loss than GB (this we all knew, but I was thinking more that 3-5 per month)!!!

only- I seen that too. My doctor told me the average is 2-3 lbs per week but slows down the closer to goal we get. I thought that was so sad that they weren't able to help that one girl who traveled all that way. I see the doctors point though. She really didn't have the support that she would have needed. That is awful. She was so determined. Did you hear her say that going home wasn't going to be really good for her because her family eats all the time. She had lots of family love but she knew that it was a bad situation for her.

Only4me

In the research that I've done, the weight loss is more like 1 to 2 lbs per week. Of course, this weight loss is always paired with excercise and the appropriate food choices. That's the 1st time I've heard of such low numbers per month.

ssankofa- I agree. I think the numbers Garth gave were awful low.

laurend- thank goodness you got your AC. We are having WAY humid weather in Iowa and I tell you I would die without the AC. I don't like the heat either.

lynetter- so happy to hear your first day back at work was so great. Doesn't it feel good to know that you do make a difference at your job. Good job on no temptation for those donuts.

dini- it does sound like you may be too tight. Be careful girl. Sounds like you and Adam had a nice meal together though. Maybe you can work things out? Whatever you choose you will do what is best for you and your daughter (I am sorry I always forget how to spell her name and I don't want to misspell it)

kathybad- congrats on the 2 1/2 miles!!! It feels great to walk once you get going and what an accomplishment when you are finished. I have been walking 3 1/2 miles faithfully this whole past week. Saturday is was rainy here and I only got a little over 2 in and I felt guilty. So afraid if I slack off for a day or two I will revert back to my old habits and I sooooo don't want to do that.

aunti phyl- I love my bullet to. I do have to say though that I down some chili and I didn't like my chili in liquid form. LOL I need to learn when to stop at puree instead of liquid. LOL

newcc- so glad to hear you are on the mends now. We were all so worried about you.

chim- I know what you are saying about the humidity. I don't think I could live South like some of you do. I live in Iowa and it can't stand the humidity and heat. LOl Ours is nothing like some of yours.

sunny- haven't heard much from you. How are you doing? When do you return to work?

forgve70x7- i gained a week before my aunt flo comes and it doesn't come off until right before she leaves. I usually gain 4-5 lbs. It may just be Water weight.

marcyinak- you are so funny!!! 'Hammer to the scale" That just puts the funniest scene in my head.

well today is my day for back to work. I have to be there by 11am so I have to get going. I just don't want to go back. LOL Don't get me wrong I love my job but I really enjoy no work schedule and such. LOL

Everyone that I did not mention above hope you are doing fine. Alot of us are back to work so we really are slowing down on here. What am I going to do in my spare time without so many interesting posts to catch up on? I sure miss everyone already. Take care

MY GOSH!! I just posted and then seen how long of a post it was. I apologize for being so long winded. Hope I didn't bore anyone.

I am almost four weeks post-op now and I think I am officially in bandster hell! I have been so hungry the past 5 or so days and more importantly, not feeling satisfied. I feel like I'm being a whiner, but I feel so deprived. We went to a amusement park last night and I ate a corndog! I feel so guilty today. Definitely depressed like I am going to screw this up just like I have screwed up every other weight loss plan I've undertaken. I need my motivation back. My biggest problem is that I tend to do things obsessively, either I'm completely perfect or completely NOT! I'm going to go to soft solids today, not supposed to until Friday officially, but I have to figure this out. Maybe if I stop restricting myself so much I won't feel the need to dive off the deep end. :help::help::help: Any suggestions anyone? By the way, I have felt no restriction from anything so far, not even the blasted corndog. Everyone is having such different experiences. When I read that some are full after 2 oz several weeks out after surgery I can't believe it. I wonder if it is because I have the biggest band, the Vanguard?

Sorry for the pity party, just needed to get this off of my chest. I'm going to slug some Water down now and go for a walk. On a positive note I am exercising 4-5 times a week and am down 24 pounds. I can do this!

I'm a teacher as well and inherited a LOT of STUFF when I entered the 4th grade last year. I sorted and sorted and gave all of my surplus that was in the room to anyone who would take it! I didn't get through the whole room last year so I finished up this summer - what a chore! It's at least nice to know where everything is. When do you start school? Teachers begin 8-13 and students 8-15 AUGH! Good luck! Don't overdo - Kim :bounce:

I am almost four weeks post-op now and I think I am officially in bandster hell! I have been so hungry the past 5 or so days and more importantly, not feeling satisfied. I feel like I'm being a whiner, but I feel so deprived. We went to a amusement park last night and I ate a corndog! I feel so guilty today. Definitely depressed like I am going to screw this up just like I have screwed up every other weight loss plan I've undertaken. I need my motivation back. My biggest problem is that I tend to do things obsessively, either I'm completely perfect or completely NOT! I'm going to go to soft solids today, not supposed to until Friday officially, but I have to figure this out. Maybe if I stop restricting myself so much I won't feel the need to dive off the deep end. :help::help::help: Any suggestions anyone? By the way, I have felt no restriction from anything so far, not even the blasted corndog. Everyone is having such different experiences. When I read that some are full after 2 oz several weeks out after surgery I can't believe it. I wonder if it is because I have the biggest band, the Vanguard?

Sorry for the pity party, just needed to get this off of my chest. I'm going to slug some Water down now and go for a walk. On a positive note I am exercising 4-5 times a week and am down 24 pounds. I can do this!

I haven't been around for a while been away at camp. I just read your post and wanted to reply.

Had my surgery 6/19/07. Had my first fill this past Friday. Don't worry. I am somewhat down in the dumps because I can eat so much. I just ate a all but one piece of a whole small pizza minus some of the crust :hungry:. Yes I have lost 25lbs. but that was mainly in the first month. Now the weight loss is crawling but my doctor said not to worry. I have to get the right restriction before it will come off as it should. I have read that sometimes it takes 3 or more fills before you get to that "sweet spot". Just be patient. Remember you are at the beginning of your journey :whoo:. The weight loss will come.

Personally I am not starving myself. I eat until I am satisfied. Most of the time it is more than I would like but I know in time it will get on track. I am exercising so I know that I am doing a good thing. Even though I can eat more than I should I still don't eat the huge amounts I used to eat.

I hope this helps. :confused:

I'm a teacher as well and inherited a LOT of STUFF when I entered the 4th grade last year. I sorted and sorted and gave all of my surplus that was in the room to anyone who would take it! I didn't get through the whole room last year so I finished up this summer - what a chore! It's at least nice to know where everything is. When do you start school? Teachers begin 8-13 and students 8-15 AUGH! Good luck! Don't overdo - Kim :bounce:

Nah, definitely not envious of you, lol! I need to have my room ready by Aug. 23 for Orientation, but Inservice is the 27th and 28th and then kids on the 29th! Yikes, not even a little bit ready! I love teaching, but what a hassle those first 2 months are!!!! It is soooo difficult to get everyone settled and into a new routine! Not by any means my favorite time of year!!!!:confused:

Breadlady, Nice to know there are others that aren't feeling satisfied right now! Definitely not a fun time figuring out the dos and don'ts of this thing!

How many of us have had our fills already? We need some post fill advice see how they handled everything!

Kristin, I've been fill twice! fist one didn't really work and the second one, my gosh it has worked if anything its worked too much. i can hardly eat 2oz without getting sick. i'm hoping that it will ease down over the next week but not that it will ease too much!!!!! i've now got 5cc in a 7cc band! i've heard from the other people who have the band i have that 5cc is around the mark where you feel restricted...

i'm down 22lbs the weight loss has totally slowed down, i'm hoping if i can manage 2lb a week i'll be so happy!!

Dang...I can't believe I forgot to watch Big Medicine last night! I love that show! Need to set my DVR to record it every time it comes on, that way I'll never miss it!

Hello everyone! Second day back and still grooving along.

Chim and someone else were talking about Water after fills. I've had my fill a week now, and I can dring water like nothing, except in the early morning when I get up. It takes me an hour to drink 20 oxzs in the morning, but after that, about 15 minutes. I've tried sipping but it is so hot at work, and feel like I'm duing of thirst, so I drink, I've not slimed once, but everyone is different. You'll have to try it yourself to see, but no problems here.

jackie, congrats on the huge loss.

Only4me, my doc stated about 4-10 lbs a month would be an average loss for me. I do think it depends on your water intake, excercise, and what food choices you make.

Kathy, so you liked the transformer movie. I'd like to take Hunter, but I think he's just too little still, even though he has an ok attention span.

He'll have to wait to see it on DVD.

I missed the whole last page of posts.

Hello breadlady, camp going ok. You ound good, and 25 ls is great!!!

Dini, are you doing better with liquids today??

Jeanie, how nice to have your DH helping you out to set up your class room.

don't worry its not a pitty party...

you are NOT alone in this... I am in Bandster Hell right now too. I have to wait until 27th Aug for my 1st fill... seems like an eternity from now...3 weeks. ARGH!

I am hungry too, but drinking a pro shake for breaky, taking one for mid morning snack, then a huge V8,

lunch I had some chicken salad.. and a cup of tea.

Supper will be spaghetti squash, choppec chicken & Pasta Sauce with cheese on top...

Yogurt for snack tonight if I need it.

it is yucky when your post surgery swelling goes, as I thought " Hey, I'm having some restriction"... .. NOT cruel joke on me

Dieka, I'm sorry! I know this is a tough place to be in. I remember the first night my hunger came back. I was ravenous!!!!! Just please try to stick to the plan. It's not for wt loss sake, but for healing sake. Your band has to actually 'set'. Right now, sutures are holding it in place. Eventually, those sutures will become adhesions that hold the band in place. These adhesions are important in preventing slips in the future. If you eat solids before time, it won't 'set' properly. Solids will cause the stomach to churn. We don't want churning at this point.

Just please hang in there!!!! I know it's hard! We're here for you.

Dang...I can't believe I forgot to watch Big Medicine last night! I love that show! Need to set my DVR to record it every time it comes on, that way I'll never miss it!

ShannonRT

It was great! I'm sure it will be back on. Just keep checking TLC. There was a LapBand patient! YAY!