Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hello everyone. I have been reading for the past 45 minutes trying to catch up. Whew we are a busy group. I LOVE IT!!!

Went shopping with the kids for school today. Today is our 'tax holiday' in Iowa. We have this every year when it is time to get ready to go back to school. We have 2 days of paying no tax on clothes or shoes so I love taking advantage. We got LOTS of things. I was really excited!!! I bought a couple of bra's that were 1 size small than what I had been wearing. Also found myself some REEBOK ankle and wrist weights and REEBOK resistance bands on clearance. Got a steal of a deal on those.

Have to tell you all. I ordered some of those New Whey Protein bullets/shots. I got them today. When I got home tonight I thought I better drink one because I didn't have even close to enough of my protein today because we were gone and I am still on liquids. Anyway.............HAVE YOU SEEN THEM?!?! LOL I am not normally a gutter minded person but I am telling you when I seen them I had to laugh. Then the DH and my 16 year old came in the house and I was drinking out of this 'test tube'. My husband says' what the hell is that because I sure know what it looks like and him and my daughter start roaring. These things look like some type of sex toy. LOL Sorry if TMI. Anyway get this. My daughter is having her 16 birthday party on the 25th and she says 'please do not drink any of those that day or have them out so someone sees them because I would hate to have someone ask me about them because I know what they would think at first glance'. LOL I was planning on keeping one of these in my purse to have it with me but I can tell you I sure won't be taking it out in public. LOL

lynnette- I was in a size 22 when I started this and today I bought a pair of 18. They are tighter than what I would like but I figure 'soon'. HAHA My shirts are getting bigger and a couple pair of my capri are sagging in the butt now. LOVE IT!!!!

Dini- I am so sorry for what you are going through. Remeber your priorities.......you and that beautiful little angel. I know you probably feel as though a huge weight has been lifted but eventually the 'grieving' for the lose will come. It is hard to live without someone who you have lived with and shared so much with for so long. Exspecially when you share a child. We are all here for you. ;) Come here anytime you need to vent, rant, rave, cry, or just need company.Take care Dini. You are very special to all of us. BTW you look beautiful in your pictures.

auntie phil- scrambled eggs sound wonderful. I can't wait until Monday. I haven't had a 'meal' since July 8. I can't wait!!!!

Danny- It is great to hear from a mans point of view. It doesn't sound so bad coming from another man. My DH tells me 'I can't read your mind' or 'you know I love you' when I tell him 'why don't you' or 'I shouldn't have to tell you what I want' LOL. I know what you are saying. My DH is suck a great big cuddley Teddy Bear and very sentimental but when it comes to words....he is all tongue tied like a freshman in high school asking out a girl on a first date. LOL

Sunny, chim, and everyone else I forgot to mention hello and hope you have a wonderful weekend. :biggrin1:

Good morning all.

Waiting for the family to get up so we can go to the waterpark, another hot one today, going to be 95 degrees here. Hope it will be a good day for all!!

I keep hearing people talk about Bandster Hell, but I'm afraid I've personally never experienced this. I was eating/drinking 3 meals, 4 ozs and 3 Snacks, 4 oz a day, and this kept me satisfied all throughout the liquids and mushy stage foods. Those of you that are hungry, what is your meal/snack schedule like? I've been eating every 3 to 3 1/2 hours now, and still feeling full, even before the fill.

Morning everyone. I was told by the dietician at my clinic that many bandsters feel "tighter" in the morning... more restriction. I thought she was crazy when she said this... but its true!! At night I can eat 1 cup of Soup or yogurt. In the morning, all I can get in is about 4 spoons of yogurt and I'm full. Cool. Anyone else get this?

Where are you Jeanie? Haven't heard from you since Wed.

I'm off for the day. We're taking the kids to Port Huron (just 45 min away and over the boarder) I like to shop there in August for school clothes and last minute summer stuff.

I'm probably going to eat at Olive Garden (we don't have those here in Canada, and we love them), but not sure how successful it will be since I'm still on full fluids.

I know we're really not well acquainted, other than me reading your posts, but I went through a similar situation as yours - and I must say - 13 years later I am an a fabulous marriage with a very honest, loving, and sensitive guy - my daughter (with my first hubby) is much better adjusted having a stable home life, and I never knew a relationship could be this great, since my other one was the shits. My ex-hubby (among many other things) used to stay up late watching t.v., then would sneak out of the house to go? I caught him coming home one night and met him with a motel key (for him) - that was the last straw...I still can't sleep with the t.v. on because it reminds me of those lovely times. Anyway - there is a happier and better life out there - just do what's best for you and your daughter. Good Luck! Kim

Caolin- bandter's hell mean you have been banded but still feel hungry because no fills yet. With me it happened on day 6. I am not allowed to eat any Snacks, 3 meals/day only, but after being starved I found that an extra 1/2 cup Tomato Soup made me super full, how cool is that?

Kathy- I can't believe they don't have Olive Garden in Canada! Now that's a good business opportunity! Have fun!

Chim- hang in there! It too shall pass.

Lynette-hope you are having fun in the sun!

Jackie- I love the tax holiday also. We will have ours on Aug. 17/18, I can't wait.

Well, I bought a new scale yesterday by homedics, it gives you BMI at the same time as your weight, and when you press your number it tells you what your weight was last time. I tought it was pretty cool. Accordind to it I have lost 9 lbs. since surgery, but because it's new I am not going to trust it, I will wait until I go to the dr. on Wednesday and see how close my home scale is to the dr.'s.

I am going to go to the movies with a few girlfriends this afternoon. It should be fun except we are going to see ' No Reservations' which is of course about restaurant/food. My friends do not know about the surgery and I am planning on telling them today.

That scale sounds wonderful Cazulay! My scale weighs different than the Dr.'s scale so I'm not sure how much I've lost - maybe I should take it with me to my next appointment and synchronize ;) Kim

I've only told my close family members (and one close friend) about my surgery as of yet. Wasn't planning on telling anyone - but then Star Jones "outed" her surgery and some people think she's a little of a shamster for not being open. SO, my dilemma is now should I just tell whoever so I won't be seen as "hiding" my surgery, or keep it under wraps and just let people wonder. I've had people I work with already comment on the quantity (or lack thereof) that I'm eating - what would you do? Or what have you done? Thanks - Kim ;)

Well, I bought a new scale yesterday by homedics, it gives you BMI at the same time as your weight, and when you press your number it tells you what your weight was last time. I tought it was pretty cool. Accordind to it I have lost 9 lbs. since surgery, but because it's new I am not going to trust it, I will wait until I go to the dr. on Wednesday and see how close my home scale is to the dr.'s.

I bought the same scale weeks ago and it is very accurate. A co-worker weighed herself on it and then went to a doctor's appointment the same day. Both weights were the same. I love this scale.

I plan on only telling the people who need to know for now. That means, family and close friends. The only other people I feel comfortable discussing it with those aquaintances who are very overweight and need help like the rest of us on here. This, just like any other health problem, is personal and the world doesn't need to know. Star Jones is another story. She's a celebrity who's opinions matter to her fans. She says "go buy payless shoes" and her fans will do it. Meanwhile, she knows she doesn't wear payless, lol. She damn near lied about not having surgery and gave a lot folks who follow her false hope of being able to lose a lot of weight without surgery. Her responsibility is very different from ours because she is a public figure.

I've only told my close family members (and one close friend) about my surgery as of yet. Wasn't planning on telling anyone - but then Star Jones "outed" her surgery and some people think she's a little of a shamster for not being open. SO, my dilemma is now should I just tell whoever so I won't be seen as "hiding" my surgery, or keep it under wraps and just let people wonder. I've had people I work with already comment on the quantity (or lack thereof) that I'm eating - what would you do? Or what have you done? Thanks - Kim ;)

Kim Star Jones did admit to surgery? I didn't know that. What surgery did she have. Please tell. LOL

Hi everyone

I'm new to this, just 4 days out and still sore. I am having trouble finding Clear Liquids to eat, other than chicken and beef broth and Jello. Any Suggestions?? I have to do this for the next two weeks. Then non-clear liquids for two weeks. Has anyone else had this program??

Thanks and good luck to all

Susa:)

Good afternoon all....... 4 days out and beginning to feel that liquid is not going to cut it much longer!!!

Kim - I don't have a problem telling people about my surgery, I mean I'm not wearing a placard or anything (lol), but most everyone in my life knows and has been supportive. And if they didn't agree, I shrugged and said that it was fine, wasn't looking for approval. I'm too old for that....lol

Susa - your post op sounds pretty restrictive!!! As far my list goes, it includes Tomato Soup or creamed Soups (I've even taken chunky soups and added Water then blended real well, it's gone down ok). I only had to do "clear" liquids the day after surgery. Hope this helps!!