Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

did i tell you i love your pic chimboree you look so pretty and intelligent !!

Tinkerbell, I've had the tuna this week with some FF mayo and a little pickle relish. It was great. I you go to the Lucky 7 recipe thread, there is a cream cheese chicken salad recipe that is really good too.

Ashrae, I would yes for mushy stage on the pulled pork. Just small bites, and chew, chew, chew. Maybe even blenderize it first.

Chim, I need to get in a full 45 of the Turbo Jam, but just getting back into it, I wasn't ready to go that long. Need to save some energy!!!

Dini, wow girl, atleast I know my family isn't the only one that is disfunctional!!! I can't believe your dad was so worried about his car instead of you. And your cousins seem like real whiners. You are better to stay away, but poor Annafrancesca hasn't seen her god mother in 4 months. That's a shame.

Ah Lynette, Thats not the half of it. My mothers keeps saying she doesn't know how i've turned out the way i have anyone else would have a heart of stone in my case. did you have fun at the $1 store??

Ashrae, I would yes for mushy stage on the pulled pork. Just small bites, and chew, chew, chew. Maybe even blenderize it first.

I just called my mom and had her check my dietician papers, and I can't have meat til I'm on solids... :-(

~*Ash*~

did i tell you i love your pic chimboree you look so pretty and intelligent !!

Dini, Thank you sweetie! You were looking hot yourself in your pics. We knew you were the one on the left w/the dark hair! LOL!

Chim, I need to get in a full 45 of the Turbo Jam, but just getting back into it, I wasn't ready to go that long. Need to save some energy!!!

Lynette, I have no doubt that you will get there soon. You're still recovering and I think you have th right idea to not overdo it. That would be bad and possibly set you back. And we can't have that!

I just called my mom and had her check my dietician papers, and I can't have meat til I'm on solids... :-(

~*Ash*~

I'm sorry...we'll keep thinking of more stuff. I went and got my dietician packet. We keep saying how crazy it is from one doc/dietician to another. They all have different advice.

Ruby - I have a different Dr. but am in Dallas also. Are you going to the Richardson Surg. Center???!!! I am on the 26th also. C

No. I'm going to Frisco Baylor, which is about a 2 minute drive up the road for me. :( My surgery is at 1pm so I have all day to wait around not eating and drinking! :omg: I'll also be spending the night as well, and will do the swallow test in the morning before I'm released. I'm excited again today and so looking forward to my new life! :whoo:

I'm sorry...we'll keep thinking of more stuff. I went and got my dietician packet. We keep saying how crazy it is from one doc/dietician to another. They all have different advice.

So far I like eggs, instant potatoes, mac & cheese, pudding, and I kinda like refried beans...

I don't like cottage cheese at all... I'm just so limited because of so many things I don't like. But I'm a creature of habit, so eating the same things over and over doesn't bother me...

~*Ash*~

So far I like eggs, instant potatoes, mac & cheese, pudding, and I kinda like refried beans...

I don't like cottage cheese at all... I'm just so limited because of so many things I don't like. But I'm a creature of habit, so eating the same things over and over doesn't bother me...

~*Ash*~

I understand. I don't like pudding, yogurt, Jello ( I can tolerate it.), or cottage cheese.

How about a meatless/noodle-less lasagna, or Stove Top stuffing, or an egg casserole (w/green peppers & onions, etc.). Not sure how to do the lasagna thing, but maybe someone can help us out???

NewCC - my port is centered...a few inches above my belly button...I have felt it, but it takes some effort to feel it.

Renee - I'm sorry to hear about your dog...I totally support euthanasia...my parents let my childhood dog suffer for YEARS before he finally collapsed and died in severe pain!:think

Wrangler - that swelling is probably the port site...where it actually is and the swelling is normal. I'd ice it and see if that helps with the swelling.

Lindaa - Oh My! I tend to say the most inappropriate things at times like these so I'll just say that I'm so sorry, how sad that is for the family, and at least your son and his wife can have comfort knowing that they were able to spend some time with him during his last day here. :)

Phyl - I just read that your fever is gone! GREAT! I had/have diarrhea occasionally...remember, we're mostly eating soft food...nothing with real bulk so give yourself a little bit of time for this.:nervous

Chimboree - I too have been the biggest in an exercise class. You have to put it into perspective though...some of those folks USED to be the biggest in the class...the reason they aren't is because they are AT THE CLASS! LOL! Keep smiling and pumpin' along sister!:whoo:

Lynette - I'm so jealous that you have a Dollar Store! There's really no such thing in Alaska (even in the cities). While I was in Denver for my surgery I used the Dollar Stores and Target as my "reason to walk"! LOL!:bandit

Mango - I just realized that I spent all last week being upset at my DH for leaving town for 5 days (a week after surgery!) I managed ok and I should be thankful for that. That negativity was NO GOOD for me, try not to be upset...maybe you'll recover like me and not need him at all...that'll show him. (Of course, it is nice to milk it once in a while. :()

Ash - instead of potatoes try mushed up steamed cauliflour! It actually does taste good and it's so much better for you! Also, get in on come creamy Soups that are good for you...also remember that your RECOVERING...we're not supposed to be trying to lose weight while we recover, just eat healthy!:biggrin1:

Sunny - you know the ratio in Alaska is 6 men for every woman! Why you going on-line? Just do a summer stint as a nurse for an Alaska hospital and find yourself a rich health care professional!:(

Dini - First, I'm disgusted that people gave you crap about your weight (before surgery)! You're not FAT, and from what I see in your pics...you really weren't that bad! It sickens me that there are folks in the world who make fine looking people feel like they're cows and then go through SURGERY to look "normal"! You are a beautiful woman and I'm sorry that you've had to go through all this (man, your STARTING BMI is where most of us would LOVE to be!) Please, learn blow off those who can't see your beauty, because you ARE beautiful!

POST-OP UPDATE: Well, I seem to have a more lenient doc than everyone else...first there was no pre-op testing and now, afterwards I've been given the go-ahead for ANY food (and tomorrow makes 2 weeks out, but he said this after two days). I've been able to eat anything I want. I chew a lot and eat slowly, not because I get full fast (I don't), or because I get tummy pain (never had this), but because I don't want any of those! Maybe my brain IS helping me!?! I had a pretty lazy weekend (which I needed) but am back in gear. Chasing the chickens (getting them in and out of the coop...and back in again because my 4 yr old sprayed them with the hose and it's too cold to be outside and wet) has been a good form of exercise today. I'm definitely feelin' it! I only have one spot of pain...near an incision (not the port incision), but it's better today that I have some girdle-like panties on that's holding it all in...MUCH better. I know someone recommended an "ace bandage for the belly" I too recommend this. I saw it at Walgreens. I'm still suckin' at drinking the shakes, but I'm getting enough Protein, etc. in so I'm not too worried. I can sleep on my stomach now and pick up my daughter (she's almost 2) so I'd say I'm doing FANTASTIC!

I know that's a lot, but I don't post that often and since it took 3 hours to get through the thread....I deserve a little long-windedness!

Marcyinak

gosh its like forever i heard from you. you sound like your doc was like mine. after 3 days i was told to eat whatever jsut chew hard and lots. also i had no pre op diet. it sounds like your doing amazing. i didn't know you had a little girl, whats her name?

Alaska has 6:1 men to women i need to get my ass down there and get me a nice rich sugar daddy!!!

you never know we might be meeting up soon!!!!!!!

i'm so glad your doing well! :(

Okay, who's on deck for tomorrow??? I have:

Cincyn, KCorbin, Mango24, OnMyWay, Sheelagh, and Tenille

Did I miss anyone??

Hi everyone,

Me and DH just got back from the ortho. Doc said since it's swollen he probably tore something. He needs to get a MRI, but not tomorrow,

I'm busy.

While we were waiting for the doctor, DH says, "I shouldn't have played yesterday, my back was still hurting." I'm thinking, YA THINK!! DUH!!

I guess the kids can help us recover, thank goodness it's summer.

I'm cooking a big ol pot of red Beans the family can eat for a few days.

Ya think I can put red beans in the blender for my mushy stage?

Dini - Girl, You're Gorgeous!!!!! You have hair like my daughter. Her's is a little lighter. For Halloween she died it black, it was supposed to wash out, but it didn't. It actually stayed black longer than the permanant blacks. They fade to reddish. I used to dye my DH's cause he's going gray. I gave up. It was too hard to keep up with.

Dini - you crack me up girl! My little girl's name is Stormy Rachel (Stormy to piss off my mom and Rachel is my middle name). She turns 2 at the end of September. She's a cutie, but man does she have a scream on her! YIKES!