Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

it is 00.21 and i'm home! i' loving it. this hasn't happeed in ages that i'm in so early. i'm going to go relax and watch some t.v. i'll check in with you all b4 i go to bed. time difference and all there night be more out later.

i would love to go to one of your wal-mart stores we dont have anyhting like that over here. i love big supermarkets.

Well, I've now joined the pre-op diet club. For the most part it hasn't been too difficult during breaks at work and at lunch. It rained today or I would have gone outside during those times and because of where I work, regulations only allow us to eat in the kitchen. Everyone at works knows what I'm doing and they all say they support me but they still like to kid around with "Michelle, what did you bring to eat, I mean drink today." stuff like that. The worst part was at lunch when one of the ladies warmed a hamburger w/cheese and ate it at the table I was at. She told me she's bringing another one tomorrow. Everyone laughed as I drank my chicken broth and ate my fudge sickles. I hope it's not raining tomorrow, b/c if it is, I'm warming up my broth, taking my Jello and fudge sickle and eating outside.

I'm allowed to have:

2 servings of orange juice

2 Protein drinks (I forgot the name but they are good)

2 servings of regular Jello

2 servings of regular popsicles

All I want of:

Crystal light

no sugar fudge sickles

no sugar popsickles

broth

no sugar jello

The no sugar fudge sickles are a life saver.

I hope everyone else is doing well on their diet.

Oh and I have a question. I don't know whether to believe this b/c my mother in law is a bit wacky (she believes she was Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind, in a previous life)

Anyway, she told me not to eat red jello b/c durring surgery when I bleed, the doctor won't be able to tell the difference between the blood and jello. Has anyone's doctor told them not to eat red jello before surgery? I only like strawberry jello.

Hello everyone,

It has taken me quite a few hours to catch up on the past 2 days of posts ( I was out of state overnight) I had to do a little at a time, but I finally finished.

Laurend-I cant wait until 1 egg fills me......I usually order the Man size Breakfast and can down that like nobodies business.

Lynette-Glad to see how well you are doing and all of the weight you have lost so far....WooooHoooo!!

Chimboree-I am prone to UTI and I usually go 2 round of antibiotics to kick it out totally-I feel for you!! They usually come on so sudden for me and really knock me out.

Im reading so much about the pre-op diet and I have to say.....I know this sounds crazy....BUT I CANT WAIT UNTIL 7/23 TO START MINE!!-because then I know that I am truly only one week out!!

Welcome to all the new people....you have picked the most supportive....and active threads out here.......

3 weeks from today.....I am so freaken excited!!!!

***I am leaving for a cruise next Sunday--my very first---I am scared that I am going to use this as my last hurrah and eat my way through the atlantic.....I start my liquid preop diet the day after I come back!!!!

Kristin07

Hi there, you should ck with your Doctor as PRE-surg... you need to STOP taking your Vitamins and ASA or any N-Said antiinflamatory (Celebrex, Vioxx etc) as they reduce CLOTTING time ... not a good thing during surgery.

I stopped my two wks prior to surg.

Excersise? keep at anything that you can sustain... walking, treadmill, eliptical trainer, aquafit classes... whatever you can do - do it now... you will be in great shape for surgery!!!

Good luck with yours, you still have a week and a bit to go right?

Mine is in 2 days!!!! and I can hardly stand the suspense..

I checked out photos of everyones tummies post surg. and they dont' look as scarry as I had envisioned...

there are also some great before & after photos on one of the threads...

Peaches9

oh my Gosh, SHE is reincarnated Scarlett Ohara ROTFLMAO

When you have surg. you will NOT have eaten anything (inclucing red jello) for 8-12 hours.... so there will be NOTHING in your stomach for the doctor to see.

Besides, from my understanding they don't OPEN the stomach, the band just gets looped around the outside of it... right? SO noone could see any contents to be confused with blood.

My father used to have a saying " Don't believe anything you hear, and only 1/2 of what you See"..... good advise if you ask me!

Wrangler054 that prev. post was for YOU!!! Lovey

I am 4 days out and I feel hunger, but a different kind - doesn't make me want to try and eat. I find it easier to deal with then the pre-op hunger.

MM

Chimboree- I am sorry for your troubles! I do hope you feel much better soon.

Well, I just came back from Curves, where I work out with my fat friend. She has a body that is pretty similar to mine, to the inch. I am a little bit upset because she is visibly jealous I am having the surgery, and her insurance won't pay for it. It's sad because she is my very best friend and I feel I can't talk to her about this major event in my life. She has actually said she is jealous. I don't know what to do. Anybody experiencing a similar situation? It bites.

Oh, I am watching Big Medicine as I type and I have to say it's freaking me out. A lady just had LapBand done and oh my God people's insides are so gross! Yuck! ;)

wrangler, I'm loving the fudge pops too. I can have 3 and only 120 calories total, 6 g of Protein. YUM YUM!!

Laughing at the Scarlet thing too. Ditto on the post from peaches about the no eating after midnight so nothing going to be in your stomache.

Sounds like she's trying too hard to scare you over nothing.

Cazulay, I'm sure she is jealous, but ask her kindly to be suppotive, and maybe if she follows your diet habits you'll be having, she will lose along with you.

Maybe you can suggest things she can do to try to afford it herself, go to Mexico since it's cheaper, or try to find a way to finance it. If you're able to help her look into options for financing that she may not of thought about, maybe she won't feel so jealous that you are able to have the surgery since you've tried to help her out.

Did that make sense at all. I've typed it a few times and I'm not sure if it sounds right.

But some people give up when insurance says no. If she really wants it, there is a way out there to get it. It may take time, but it can happen.

She could change jobs, with different insurance that will pay for it. She could sell unwanted items on e-bay to get things started, anything to bring in extra money. She could save, and be on her way to Mexico in no time. I myself took out a 2nd mortgage on my house. I don't care if it takes me forever to pay it off, because at least I'll be around to pay for it, god willing.

Hope this helps. Sorry if I rambled on.

I am Tivoing both of these shows b/c I'm at work until 11pm. I love watching them. I'm excited b/c tonight is the LapBand episode. Can't wait to get home and watch.

*****NEWS******FLASH******

I'll let everyone know how well it comparesand works, but I just bought a

MIO SHAPE watch at Walmart. It looks like it could be a cheaper version of the BODYBUGG we've been reading about. It was only $39.88 and it's a watch, not something you wear around your arm.

I'm just now going to open it and read about it, but wouldn't it be great if I just found something(for $39.88) that is comparable to the BODYBUGG (that retails for $399.99). How exciting. I'll let you all know tomorrow. Going to go read about it now.

Hello all,

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I am up and about, and feel well enough to do a business trip. Its a borderline decision, but if I don't go this week I'll have to go later. I figure it might be a bit of a break for me since the biggest pains I get now are when my darling children bound into my lap (ouch).

I am taking liquid tyelenol regularly (my prescrip pain med makes me nasueous). My tummy wounds are itchy now, and worst case feel like I've done alot of situps. But I can get up from a sitting position and can basically move around. I have piled pillows in my bed so I sleep at a slant, which helps. My worst complaint now is that even long after I eat (or rather drink) I get these waves of tightening/pain across the middle of my chest - like I might want to burp but can't. These were really freaking me out yesterday until I found out this is a common symptom.

They are better today than yesterday.

As far as food - I am on Clear Liquids until Friday. Just today I am feeling some hunger, but it doesn't make me want to eat exactly. A different kind of hunger. I am OK for Protein Shakes and got two of those down today. One thing I did to satisfy the head hunger: got some good Williams Sonoma chicken stock, browned chop onions and garlic, added the stock plus a tbs of sherry vinegar, various spices, then strained it well. Tasted great, but I could only get down maybe a half cup.

I'll update everyone from the road. Hoping all goes well for those with surgeries this week.

MM

;) 07/06/07

My Tivo shows another one tonight - oh well. Brookhaven isn't even listed for me. Thanks for the tip though. Its slim TIVO pickings this summer so any ideas are welcome. MM

Thanks for your words of support Lynette.By the way, what's a Body Bugg? I guess I am out of the loop, I have no idea what it might be.

I am watching Brookhaven right now, Gimboree, and it's scaring me to death.... I really do not want to be 700, 800 pounds....I am scared, I am very very scared.

God help us.