Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

happy.gif

Laurend, thanks for the wonderful stats sheet, it will be exciting to keep track of the BMI and weightloss across time......
Thanks, Lauren for the spreadsheet. I didn't send any update since I was the same basically. I will IM you for 6/30 information. Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday.
Thanks, guys. It's not any problem for me, since I'm always messing with Excel anyway, and I thought it would be interesting to do and a great way to keep our moral up.
laurend,

If you would please add me to your stats sheet. My height is 67 and my beginning weight is 278, I will let you know what my weight is after my 5 day liquid diet before surgery if you would like to add that.

Thanks for keeping that for everyone, it is really nice to be able to see how other people are doing, it is very motivating!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Sounds great!
Laurend, I am not good with the computer, so could you tell me how to IM you with my stats for the spreadsheet for July. I want to be in, but I just don't know how. Thanks for the help.

Patti C.

Click on my username in one of my posts, and select "send a private message to Laurend." Or, if you want, you can post it in the thread.

This is who I have for this week. Did I forget anyone?

Monday- Lynette, Beefy Irish and bfynentyme

Tuesday- Laurend, Bobberts Mom, MrsHorne and Abbey 12477

Wednesday - Happy July 4th

Thursday - Cherrybomb and LWesson

Friday - Snaggletooth and Mommiranda

Wow!! That's 11 Lucky bandsters this week.

H i everybody, I feel like I know all of you guys it has taken me a week to catch up. I'm scheduled to be banded on July 18 I start my liquid diet ion the 4th. Good Luck and my prayers are with you Lynette,BeefyIrish and bfynetyme. Jackie

Several people have sent me their stats or updated them, so I've attached an updated spreadsheet.

I am leaving for Memphis in the morning, so this is the last time that I'll post until I get back in several days. I'll try and post an update ASAP, though. See you guys on the loser's bench!

Wow, I have just finished reading all 51 pages!! After that, this surgery and weight loss will be a breeze!

I wanted to introduce myself as another of the Lucky # Seven member. I will just make is as my date is July 31. I had hoped to have it sooner, as I go on my annual Hawaii vacation on August 16th. I guess that is a good motivation to do a good job of recovering.

I have my consult over the phone with Dr. Kirshenbaum tommorrow. I am a self pay and so flying to Colorado is worth the $6500 in savings over having it in Phoenix where I live.

I have been overweight since I was a teenager. I heard about the Lap-band last year when someone I know went to Mexico. At that point I still thought I could do this without any help. A few weeks ago, after hurting my back and having to sit around for almost 2 weeks, the scale was higher than ever before and something just clicked in me that it was time to take more serious steps to change my life.

My birthday is in August and I will be 36. I really wanted to make some serious changes this year, and I have. This will be the last big thing for this year, and I can't wait.

Good luck to everyone, especially those who will be getting theirs in just a few hours from now!

Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer - it will be great to add another July bandster to the calendar!

I also kept thinking I could do it myself, but more and more I had to admit that I could lose it if I put my mind to it, but I couldn't maintain it! I wish the band was in full swing when I was 35!! Good luck....:clap2:

Almost 6am, so I'm headed to the showers.:)

I'm up to bat today, and I'm gonn hit it out of the park!!!!!!!

Dini and Breadlady, here I come around the bases. I'll let you know when I hit home!!! Keep my seat warm for me.:whoo:

I actually slept well. Up once to potty since I drank a lot. Up again looking at the clock a few times, but I feel rested, and ready go.:clap2:

Thanks for everyones prayers today, and your support for the last month. You ALL are awesome. Can't wait to get back and post.;)

Going to join the band now. Ta Ta for now.

Hey Laurend, This is Patti C.

I know you are gone for a few days but I want to sent this info before it slipped my mind. My height is 5 ft 6 inches and the weight is 377 (uugh). Anyway that is soon to be going down. Thanks for all the help.

Patti C.

Good Morning Lucky # Sevens- I cant believe how active this board is..it took me 30 mins just to read whats been posted in the past 24 hours. It is 4 weeks from today for me. Can anyone help me with the ticker counters (Im usually pretty smart with computers, but I cant figure out how to post them!!) I am just so excited for all of you who are going this week, and praying for those who are on for today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Anna

Good Morning Lucky # Sevens- I cant believe how active this board is..it took me 30 mins just to read whats been posted in the past 24 hours. It is 4 weeks from today for me. Can anyone help me with the ticker counters (Im usually pretty smart with computers, but I cant figure out how to post them!!) I am just so excited for all of you who are going this week, and praying for those who are on for today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Anna

Hi Anna,

Go to TickerFactory.com to build your ticker counter. Chose weight loss and then select your tape from the many choices. Once you've selected your tape, hit "next" to choose your marker, then hit "next". Once it's complete, highlight the tape and hit "ctrl+c" to copy it. Then in this website, go up to the top and click on "UserCP" and select "User Signature". Click in the signature text area and hit "ctrl+v" to paste the tape.

Good Luck :clap2:

Where is everyone getting their port placed? I have a choice, and am not sure where I want it.

I've heard that the most popular is in front under the breast bone, but for large chested women (like me) it can interfear with the underwire bra. I've also heard that many people have it on their side (left or right??), but my friend who was banded 7 years ago had it here and it has disconnected twice.

Then I've recently heard it in the bikini area (below the belly button to the left side not too low). This is where I'm leaning, but don't know.

Any thoughts?

kathybad, i was not given a choice and honestly have heard of no-one been able to choose, thats great for you. my port is just under my ribs on the left hand side.

will the bikini area not annoy you because of wearing trousers and stuff. i can feel mine and i can only imagine that if something was to be always lying on it that i wouldn't be too comfortable

i am off to Prague (again!) to get banded on 9th July 07 :whoo:

last time i went they couldn't operate because the pre-op tests showed that i had a urine infection and a blood infection :) hopefully i will be infection free this time round!