Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good Morning Gang

Talking about depression - I can't say I am really depressed just hating my job and didn't want to come to work this morning - Joseph Bday is wed am going to have to overnight cards and Andrew tells me - I messed mine up - I have to get a new one - we have til 4 this afternoon - "@#$%@#$!" So this morning I took my little 5 mg of xanan or I wasn't going to make it thru the day...

Yep 9 more sleeps til Canada....

Well gotta get to work - CBL

I was banded July 10th. To me its been a snap, very little pain, no problem keeping liquids down at all. Stomach is a little sore, but the biggest annoyance I find is the growling stomach and gas pains. Does anyone know how long they go on?

Cphaber--Congratulations on the band. Where are you and where did you get it done? Gas pains should subside within a week or so. You might feel pain in your shoulder that is the result of gas that they used to inflate your abdomen during surgery. Some ppl used Gas-X strips. Moving about helps also--If you can get outside for short walks that would be great.

So--last week it was PS--this week it's a tooth extraction! On Saturday I broke a crown off a tooth that I had a root canal done on 12 years ago--I hate to admit it, but I was eating an itsy bitsy Tootsie Roll and felt something hard. . .I HATE it when that happens! That's what I get for eating a piece of candy. Anyway, I can tolerate PS without anesthesia, but I am the biggest baby when it comes to the dentist; I wouldn't let him pull it out this morning in the office. I am going to the oral surgeon on Wednesday and will let him do it only if he gives me enough Versed! So poor DH has to take yet ANOTHER day off of work to deal with me since I won't be in any condition to drive myself home. So while I have nice eyes, I now look like a Hillbilly with a missing tooth (Hey, Candice, maybe my Hillbilly DH should get a vasectomy?!!) Hopefully I'll be able to have an implant, but that will take several months to complete. Oh, this surely is punishment for my vanity--my mom would feel very validated if she knew all of this).

Speaking of dear old mom: I still have a good amount oif bruising on my cheeks that even makeup does not totally cover. She saw me yesterday, but if she noticed, she didn't comment.

Cphaber--Congratulations on the band. Where are you and where did you get it done? Gas pains should subside within a week or so. You might feel pain in your shoulder that is the result of gas that they used to inflate your abdomen during surgery. Some ppl used Gas-X strips. Moving about helps also--If you can get outside for short walks that would be great.

So--last week it was PS--this week it's a tooth extraction! On Saturday I broke a crown off a tooth that I had a root canal done on 12 years ago--I hate to admit it, but I was eating an itsy bitsy Tootsie Roll and felt something hard. . .I HATE it when that happens! That's what I get for eating a piece of candy. Anyway, I can tolerate PS without anesthesia, but I am the biggest baby when it comes to the dentist; I wouldn't let him pull it out this morning in the office. I am going to the oral surgeon on Wednesday and will let him do it only if he gives me enough Versed! So poor DH has to take yet ANOTHER day off of work to deal with me since I won't be in any condition to drive myself home. So while I have nice eyes, I now look like a Hillbilly with a missing tooth (Hey, Candice, maybe my Hillbilly DH should get a vasectomy?!!) Hopefully I'll be able to have an implant, but that will take several months to complete. Oh, this surely is punishment for my vanity--my mom would feel very validated if she knew all of this).

Speaking of dear old mom: I still have a good amount oif bruising on my cheeks that even makeup does not totally cover. She saw me yesterday, but if she noticed, she didn't comment.

Wow Linda, you mom didn't notice the bruising! That's too funny... let her think Mel bopped you one.. ;")

Teeth, they are indeed a pain. Is it a front tooth or a molar? Hopefully its a molar, and you can't see it from the front.

I have the most NEEDY px in my chair right now... argh!:thumbdown:

Give me patience LORD! I need it today.

food good today and yest... Fri/Sat not so much.. but I am deteremined to be back on track this week.

Cheers, C

Candice--neither front or molar--it's a bicusped--#12 if that means anything. I won't be doing much smiling for the next several months (except around my friends in Canada--after a couple of thoes marguritas!)

Needy patients! I know them. How can people not realize??? Sometimes I feel sorry for them--they really are low functioning, but other times there is just nothing we can do for them but listen and listen and listen. Hummm, maybe I'm a "Needy patient" when it comes to the dentist?

Linda, isn't it you that calls that a Godsmack?? Have to admit that when I had my last crown done the temp came off two times. I said to Jeff, "I wasn't even eating anything sticky. Just some salad." To which he replies, "Maybe it was those 3 boxes of Good n Plentys the days before." Godsmack!!!

I'm taking a laundry break because I'm in between loads. 15 mins until I can fold. So I've had QVC on in the background all day. Lots of sell outs. I'm starting to think that, sign of the times, QVC is cutting down on the quantities that they are ordering from their distributors. Each time I thought about ordering anything, it was sold out before I could get online.

Ate some oatmeal for Breakfast. Went down fine. having some refried Beans for lunch. I have chx salad in the fridge for snack.

good day ladies. smile a few times today.

Oh...Kari, any news on the passport?

Candice--neither front or molar--it's a bicusped--#12 if that means anything. I won't be doing much smiling for the next several months (except around my friends in Canada--after a couple of thoes marguritas!)

Needy patients! I know them. How can people not realize??? Sometimes I feel sorry for them--they really are low functioning, but other times there is just nothing we can do for them but listen and listen and listen. Hummm, maybe I'm a "Needy patient" when it comes to the dentist?

ha,ha,ha Linda I don't think YOU qualify! Px just left, after arriving 15 mins. LATE for her appt.... grrrr

It is very often that I have a px that I just can't stand... this is one like that.... she dosn't want a CONFIRM call for her appts. but then NEVER shows up on time... last week she cryed during her entire treatment... and its PAINLESS!! dah!

Linda, isn't it you that calls that a Godsmack?? Have to admit that when I had my last crown done the temp came off two times. I said to Jeff, "I wasn't even eating anything sticky. Just some salad." To which he replies, "Maybe it was those 3 boxes of Good n Plentys the days before." Godsmack!!!

I'm taking a laundry break because I'm in between loads. 15 mins until I can fold. So I've had QVC on in the background all day. Lots of sell outs. I'm starting to think that, sign of the times, QVC is cutting down on the quantities that they are ordering from their distributors. Each time I thought about ordering anything, it was sold out before I could get online.

Ate some oatmeal for breakfast. Went down fine. having some refried Beans for lunch. I have chx salad in the fridge for snack.

good day ladies. smile a few times today.

Oh...Kari, any news on the passport?

Wow, Stephanie, you do sound tight... but I did love your chken salad recipe... no cream cheese in it eh??? I am brain dead...

QVC I know you LOVE that channel, I am addicted to CNN... I quilt to it constantly! Drives my DH nuts that I watch so much American news... he says why aren't you watching CTV or CBC network news.... I don't know... I just like the CNN personalities I quess.. LOVE< LOVE>LOVE Larry King...

wuwt???

Have a SUPER Monday ladies:rolleyes:

Lindaa - peaches, I had my surgery in Sandy Utah last Friday by Dr. Hansen. It has gone alot smoother than I anticipated.

When did you have yours done?

Edited by Cphaber48

Wow, Stephanie, you do sound tight... but I did love your chken salad recipe... no cream cheese in it eh??? I am brain dead...

QVC I know you LOVE that channel, I am addicted to CNN... I quilt to it constantly! Drives my DH nuts that I watch so much American news... he says why aren't you watching CTV or CBC network news.... I don't know... I just like the CNN personalities I quess.. LOVE< LOVE>LOVE Larry King...

wuwt???

Definitely super tight. One of these days my life is going to slow down long enough to be unfilled. The worst part of being this tight is all I can eat is crap food so I'm not losing. That is so counter intuitive, but for any of the new ladies....being too tight is NOT the way to lose faster. It sucks, and your body just holds onto anything that you manage to keep down. I have the needle in the car and think often about letting the docs office here attempt to unfill me, but since I can still get things down and can control my Protein with liquids I don't want to go there.

Need to buy more fish....or make Jeff take me out to dinner where they have my favorite walleye, more often :thumbdown:

Lindaa - peaches, I had my surgery in Sandy Utah last Friday by Dr. Hansen. It has gone alot smoother than I anticipated.

When did you have yours done?

Actually, I just passed my 2nd Bandiversary, July 11th, 2007! Best thing I ever have done for MYSELF!!

Now I've lost about 65 lbs, and still have 25-30 to go... it comes off slow now and also I have to stick to my 1000 cals per day.

Well, just got in from surveying the hail damage, not to bad, mainly the rose blooms beat to heck. Had to move a 'shrub'. I put a tiny pussy willow in a flower box last year, who knew it would grow 5 feet and start attacking you while you tried to get to the door. NOW I find out that they get 10 to 15 feet tall, that's a shrub???? I have trees smaller than that. Digging hole in this soil takes hours, rock rock rock. Hopefully I was able to rescue enough of the roots so it will live. Naturally I put 2 into the box, and will have to get around to moving the 2nd one this summer. Fertilized everything in the rain. Came in an took a shower and am now thinking about a nap. I'm still feeling down.

I just got off the phone with the passport people. He said it's done but it doesn't show that it has been mailed. He said that if it hasn't been mailed yet that it will probably go out tonight. I have a tracking number for it so I'll give it till Thursday.

Must be something in the air. Is it a full moon? I'm kind of down too today and I haven't felt like this in absolutely months and if everyone else is too,,,,,,,,well, it has to be something in the atmosphere. No soda today, but that doesn't mean I can't jump in the car and go buy one...................(that's the kind of mood I am in).......or maybe I could just go out and walk to the store. It's only a mile and a half. Hm-m-m-m

Steph, I was at Walmart yesterday and looking at fabric. They had a fleece that was done in pink cammo with the pink breast cancer ribbon on it. I thought of you when I saw it. Have you seen the throws made of fleece? Two contrasting pieces put together and then fringed and the fringe is tied off. Don't know if that makes sense or not but..........it would look neat. I've never put one together but DD has make quite a few of them as gifts.

Gotta go, gotta pay some bills. will check back in later.

I just got off the phone with the passport people. He said it's done but it doesn't show that it has been mailed. He said that if it hasn't been mailed yet that it will probably go out tonight. I have a tracking number for it so I'll give it till Thursday.

Must be something in the air. Is it a full moon? I'm kind of down too today and I haven't felt like this in absolutely months and if everyone else is too,,,,,,,,well, it has to be something in the atmosphere. No soda today, but that doesn't mean I can't jump in the car and go buy one...................(that's the kind of mood I am in).......or maybe I could just go out and walk to the store. It's only a mile and a half. Hm-m-m-m

Steph, I was at Walmart yesterday and looking at fabric. They had a fleece that was done in pink cammo with the pink breast cancer ribbon on it. I thought of you when I saw it. Have you seen the throws made of fleece? Two contrasting pieces put together and then fringed and the fringe is tied off. Don't know if that makes sense or not but..........it would look neat. I've never put one together but DD has make quite a few of them as gifts.

Yeh Kari; you have tracked down your passpost!!! That is good news!!!

Now we know you'll be crossing the boarder in 9 days! Are you crossing at Pt. Huron/Sarnia border or Detroit/Windsor???

Personally, I'd recommend Pt. Huron as it is more north.. From Sarnia it'll probably take you 4 hours to get to Wasaga Beach driving cross-country and not taking the 400 series Highways. Do you have a GPS in your car? or are you using Mapquest for directions?

Would you like a Bedrm by yourself? or do you want to Share a room that has 2 twin beds in it??

Maybe we'll do a "BED" lottery to see who sleeps where? :thumbdown:

Just managed to eat an ENTIRE bag of popcorn 230 calories, so I guess that's dinner.< /p>

I was banded July 10th. To me its been a snap, very little pain, no problem keeping liquids down at all. Stomach is a little sore, but the biggest annoyance I find is the growling stomach and gas pains. Does anyone know how long they go on?

Cph - Congrats on your band !!!

Gas X Strips are the best for gas and walking...

QUOTE=lindaa;1272167]Candice--neither front or molar--it's a bicusped--#12 if that means anything. I won't be doing much smiling for the next several months (except around my friends in Canada--after a couple of thoes marguritas!)

Linda - they gave you a local and some valium right :0)

I know where 12 is :0) - I would say most of my molars have crowns - I have a bridge w/4 on lower right side - I am missing #14 on top right - but you can't really see it - they want to do a bridge - but I hate the drill and it doesn't bug me - it's been gone for years and teeth aren't shifting.

Heck my dentist has the gas ready when I walk in the door... :0)

Needy patients - I have need clients they call me instead of the insurance carriers to ask about billing questions - their policies are direct bill - I don't have access to that info only the carrier does.....

Can't beleive your mom didn't notice - but again I guess I can - I am so jealous !!! I want my eyes done - well maybe thanksgiving time..

[

ha,ha,ha Linda I don't think YOU qualify! Px just left, after arriving 15 mins. LATE for her appt.... grrrr

It is very often that I have a px that I just can't stand... this is one like that.... she dosn't want a CONFIRM call for her appts. but then NEVER shows up on time... last week she cryed during her entire treatment... and its PAINLESS!! dah!

wuwt???

Candice - That would piss me off too... I am lucky I don't see 99.9% of my clients - I talk to them on the phone or email - if they saw my face I would be in big trouble - I can't hide my emotions all the time.. or if I did have to I would be a raving maniac !!!

Definitely super tight. One of these days my life is going to slow down long enough to be unfilled. The worst part of being this tight is all I can eat is crap food so I'm not losing. That is so counter intuitive, but for any of the new ladies....being too tight is NOT the way to lose faster. It sucks, and your body just holds onto anything that you manage to keep down. I have the needle in the car and think often about letting the docs office here attempt to unfill me, but since I can still get things down and can control my Protein with liquids I don't want to go there.

Need to buy more fish....or make Jeff take me out to dinner where they have my favorite walleye, more often :rolleyes:

Steph - Go out to dinner you need real food - and how come you can't take a day for you... Why can't you put you on top of the list..

Kari are you coming with your dh or alone?? Don't go to the store - I guess I am lazy - I won't get up get dressed and go - I will look for stuff around the house to eat - and since there really isn't much to pig out on - I am pretty safe..

Just managed to eat an ENTIRE bag of popcorn 230 calories, so I guess that's dinner.

Darling - get some protein in :0) - you are going to be hungry in a little while... and if you aren't focus on your protein tomorrow..

I agree with Kari - food devil is rearing it's ugly head for me too - 1st the hang over - not bad really but too many carbs/starches - Saturday not bad but seemed like I picked all day long and had that frozen yogurt - yesterday better... Today good granola - fish/salads /fiber one bar and 1 c watermelon but I am still pissed/hurt about my non important 30 yr at job - tired and want to sit down with a bag of Cookies - or cake - somethings sweet..

I want to eat and not worry about the amount of calories that I am eating... Even when I do have treats when I am away from home - I still think about it and worry that my addiction will rear it's ugly head and I won't stop...

But alas - I can't eat like I use to no matter how bad I want to !!!! - and I do feel better since I got back from the gym..

I am making a one pot wonder - Chinese Pork ;0)

2 pork chops cut in cubes - 1/2 bell pepper - 1/2 onion - 1 small jalapeno pepper - 1/2 cup brown jasmine rice - 5 or 6 dashes of soy sauce - 1/2 c Water - 3/4 sliced small cabbage... It will be my dinner tonite along with a salad and my lunch for the rest of the week..