Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey Gang - Were is everyone :tt1:

I just got back from the gym - did my 3 miles - I am beat. but at least i can drink Water without slliming -

Mango - a bit of advice it you don't think you need a fill don't get one or just have them add a couple ten's of a cc - I will tell you being to tight is worst than being too lose.

Well, I am still trying to get use to these glasses :tongue:

I will ck back later...

Janet, I was going to count the number of birthday wishes you received, but I couldn't count that high : ). See what happens when you get old.

Hey Ladies how are you all tonight?

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a fill getting tighter over time?

I had my 2nd fill dec.1 '07 and since my last TOM, I am getting tighter and tighter??? what the heck is up with that? I can drink liquids just fine and some mushies but that is about it!:tt1: So I was wondering if anyone else has went through that?

Also Salsa, I think we live around the same area I seen you on another thread about support groups in our area, and I was wondering if there is one and do you have to travel out of town for fills?

Well you ladies have a great night!

WannaB- I have a fill appt. tomorrow. I think I'm gonna pass. I think I have tightened up in the last week. I was eating a lot more at the beginning of the month. Now it seems I getting stuck daily.

Janet - Happy yesterday!!!!!!

OMG the daily itching has begun.

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a fill getting tighter over time?

I had my 2nd fill dec.1 '07 and since my last TOM, I am getting tighter and tighter??? what the heck is up with that? I can drink liquids just fine and some mushies but that is about it!:tt1: So I was wondering if anyone else has went through that?

Also Salsa, I think we live around the same area I seen you on another thread about support groups in our area, and I was wondering if there is one and do you have to travel out of town for fills?

Wanna - I think you may be a tad tight - our bands are very fickle things - since my aunt flo doesn't visit anymore - i can't help you with that but have read that for alot of women it cause their bands to tighten - my 2nd fill took about 2 weeks to get to it's full potential - If you can't eat regular by now I would call your doc and get a tad taken out..

My 3rd fill was too much - had .08 taken out and it seems a lot better.

Mango you are absolved (sp) it's really ok - you have me cracking up :tt1:

When do you go to the doc about your hives - that has to be miserable...

Hugs to you on that...

Janet, I was going to count the number of birthday wishes you received, but I couldn't count that high : ). See what happens when you get old.

:tt1: Yes all those Bday wishes had me smiling all day long :tongue:

And today too.. You are just the greats group of women I know..

WannaB- I have a fill appt. tomorrow. I think I'm gonna pass. I think I have tightened up in the last week. I was eating a lot more at the beginning of the month. Now it seems I getting stuck daily.

OMG the daily itching has begun.

36_11_5.gif Mango I am so sorry about the itching. I was alergic to a medicine they gave me one time and I tell you I thought I was going out of my mind!!

36_11_23.gif Have you talked to your doc yet?

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

My fill gets tighter during that TOM and when I am stressed out, so they can tighten up.

I live in Redmond OR. Is that close to you? My doc is in Olympia, WA and I do go out of town to get my fills and unfills. The doc in Bend, OR will do an unfill, but the price they quoted me was outrageous and they don't do it under fluoro, so I didn't go to them.

Janet - My doc said that I just had to stay on liquids for the remainder of the day after having the unfil. Though it still hurt to eat the next day so it took me a while to get back to being able to eat at night. Mornings are still tight for me, but at night I am wide open. Though I am too scared to eat bread or rice. Even when I was completely unfilled rice didn't work well for me, but I wasn't a big rice eater anyways so not a problem for me. Pasta seems to go down just fine.

Mango- Gosh I really hope that they can do something about those hives. Hives or middle schoolers? I don't know which ones are worse!:tongue:

I worked out very hard today. My goal is to burn off all of the calories that I have eaten for the day if we are going to go out to dinner. Usually I plan when we go out to eat and eat accordingly during the day. Today I ate 650 calories by the time we decided we were going out to dinner. (Being to tight in the mornings is leading to higher calories because I have to eat a lot more carb based foods which are higher in calories!) So I worked off all 650 calories. This whole food/calorie thing isn't fair. IT took a combined total of about 30 minutes to eat those 650 calories and 2.5 hours to burn them off. HOW IS THAT FAIR. But needless to say I did it. I ran, I walked, I walked up a very steep incline, I elipticalled, and I biked. Hey it 2.5 hours you have to change it up or you are going to fall asleep and fly off the treadmill!

Well to my newly extended family I am going to bed. My eyes are caving into the back of my head. Wahooo. DVR on Saturday so no more staying up late to watch the biggest loser. Oh and by the way Janet I was so angry that the pink team got sent home. Bette-Sue was my hero. If she could workout like that I certainly could. I can't stand the "orange team" Now I am rooting for the new black team all the way. If I was there I would want Jillian as my trainer. For those of you who don't watch ignore my rambling.

Nighty Night

Hey Indio, I think that you might be right.:tt1: it just seems a little crazy to be 7 weeks out of a fill and to be getting tighter! for the first 3 weeks after my fill I didn't even feel like I had any restriction and then after that it seems to be getting tighter and tighter. I guess that is what I get for being ticked after my fill for not feeling anything:redface:.

Salsa, we do live very close, I live about 20 miles north of you! So is there any support groups around central, OR that you know of? Also where do go to get your fills? I go to Fitzpatrick in the portland area! Living here with no family close I have gotten used to traveling so it's really not a big deal.

Have a great night.

Becca

Ya it was noon time by the time I left his office - that would have been funny me and my doc out driniking - i want food not liquid calories..:biggrin:

So, did the yogurt go down okay?? How about dinner? ? More Soup? ?? Someone just posted a really good sounding recipe for a veggie/cheese soup. It has Velveeta in it, though. Wonder about the calories. Probably could use shredded 2% or something... cheddar, maybe mozarella. Think I might try it even though I'm not on soft/mushie, etc.. .right now.

Weigh in this morning...down 1.6 lb. Not great, but better than the .2 lb last week and the .4 or whatever it was the week before. I think that makes somewhere around 5 lb this month. Seem to be pretty tight the last couple of days. Next week we're going to switch to the night time group that meets here.. the new one.

Janet - My doc said that I just had to stay on liquids for the remainder of the day after having the unfil. Though it still hurt to eat the next day so it took me a while to get back to being able to eat at night. Mornings are still tight for me, but at night I am wide open. Though I am too scared to eat bread or rice. Even when I was completely unfilled rice didn't work well for me, but I wasn't a big rice eater anyways so not a problem for me. Pasta seems to go down just fine.

650 calories and 2.5 hours to burn them off. HOW IS THAT FAIR. But needless to say I did it. I ran, I walked, I walked up a very steep incline, I elipticalled, and I biked.

Well to my newly extended family I am going to bed. My eyes are caving into the back of my head. Wahooo. DVR on Saturday so no more staying up late to watch the biggest loser. Oh and by the way Janet I was so angry that the pink team got sent home. Bette-Sue was my hero. If she could workout like that I certainly could. I can't stand the "orange team" Now I am rooting for the new black team all the way. If I was there I would want Jillian as my trainer. For those of you who don't watch ignore my rambling. Nighty Night

Karri - I am suppose to redo the whole post op diet - he is crazy there is no way in H*ll i am doing another week of Soup - heck my post op was 10 days liquids and heck for the first few days after surgery you really dont even want food - I'm not doing 14 days of soup... Menu for the evening down below in my response to Phyl - oh - rice vs pasta - I do pasta some times I want to try quiona (sp) it's gluten free - like pasta but has protien - it's suppose to be good for you- but I think I will only find it at trader joes

OMG 2.5 hrs exercise - I got my 50 minutes in and was pooped - they didn't have the fans going and I was dripping wet (head) by the time I did my 3 miles I wish I had your energy I wish I had paid attention to my mileage - i maybe would have pushed for 1 more mile then I would have had 50 for the month - cuz hair appt tomorrow night no gym..

Haven't watch biggest loser yet - most likely in the morning - I don't know if I could take Jillian yelling at me - I would go tell her to go.... Jump in a lake to put it nicely - I know that you all think I am this super nice chick - but I can be a big B - I don't take well to people yelling at me... But I like her better than Bob - so I would take her too... but she better not yell at me:mad:

Hey Indio, I think that you might be right.:frown: it just seems a little crazy to be 7 weeks out of a fill and to be getting tighter! for the first 3 weeks after my fill I didn't even feel like I had any restriction and then after that it seems to be getting tighter and tighter. I guess that is what I get for being ticked after my fill for not feeling anything:redface:. Becca

Becca - Fills and bands - who and the heck knows - fickle...:tongue:

So, did the yogurt go down okay?? How about dinner? ? More soup??? Someone just posted a really good sounding recipe for a veggie/cheese soup. It has Velveeta in it, though. Wonder about the calories. Probably could use shredded 2% or something... cheddar, maybe mozarella. Think I might try it even though I'm not on soft/mushie, etc.. .right now.

Weigh in this morning...down 1.6 lb. Not great, but better than the .2 lb last week and the .4 or whatever it was the week before. I think that makes somewhere around 5 lb this month. Seem to be pretty tight the last couple of days. Next week we're going to switch to the night time group that meets here.. the new one.

Phyl Congrats on 1.6 and 5 for the month :biggrin::hurray:- I know it might not be as much as you want which i can totally understand - but you are losing and still enjoying life..

It's a whole lot better losing than gaining:rolleyes2:

Yogurt went down fine... for dinner I had 3 oz fish which took a little bit and had a quick pb then waited slowed down and finished it and then had 1/2 cup french cut green beans-

I AM ONE HAPPY LITTLE CHICKIE:tongue: i have food in my belly and am good. My fish & veggies would be almost mushies super soft - I will have soup for lunch tomorrow - and fish & veggies for dinner

Ok I am off to bed - got the kitchen done - doggie duty and now the hitting the hay...

Talk to ya'll in the morning - sweet dreams....

Rise and Shine It's a Beautiful Morning

How is everyone this morning? I was able to drink a whole cup of coffee this morning - so I am feel pretty good - I got my caffeine - I really don't know if I like these glasses I am having to constantly move my head for things to come into focus and the computer screen looks concaved..

Well back to work I go - will ck in later - have a good day ladies,....

Rise and Shine It's a Beautiful Morning

How is everyone this morning? I was able to drink a whole cup of coffee this morning - so I am feel pretty good - I got my caffeine - I really don't know if I like these glasses I am having to constantly move my head for things to come into focus and the computer screen looks concaved..

Well back to work I go - will ck in later - have a good day ladies,....

Good Morning to you, too, and all our band buddies! It IS a beautiful morning, but a little chilly. We're off to the pool soon, however. No wind, so it should be tolerable!

So glad you are able to get some food down now! And your morning coffee!! That's important!! I still have vivid memories of my "caffeine" experience at the time of surgery and it was not fun! First dietician told me NO CAFFEINE! So I was drinking Decaf for about FOUR WEEKS!! It was awful! Then at my first post-op appt I asked the PA if I could ever have caffeine again & she says "who told you no caffeine?? That's not the doctor's policy!" I was ready to go fiind that dietician and strangle her!! I just have one cup each morning, but it's ESSENTIAL!

Noticed your ticker this morning.... 70 LB!! Congrats!!

That's GREAT!!

I was able to drink a whole cup of coffee this morning - so I am feel pretty good -

Glad you are feeling better, Janet ... and CONGRATS on 70 lbs!! :biggrin: