Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Kartrina, I think it's a great idea. I'm not sure I can find a before pic of myself. I've been a camera-phobe for many years because I didn't like the way I look. Now I'm more comfortable. Taking a photo of myself and putting it on display will be a big NSV for me. I'm sure my hubby's jaw will hit the floor when I actually ASK him to take one so I can post it here. :)

The thread is called Progress Picture Brag Thread if you want to check it out.

Great idea - I will post there ...

My band mommy looks HOT! I will post my pictures on Feb 9, which is my 6 month bandiversary. Yesterday was a huge NSV day. You all know that I have been struggling with body image issues, but I think I had a bit of a break through yesterday. We went to Wal-Mart last night and some of their clothes were marked down to 3.00$ and since that is cheaper than our thrift stores here I bought a few shirts. XL are starting to be a little to big so I thought I could go to a L. Well they didn't have larges in all of the colors/styles that I wanted so I decided I would get some mediums that I would shrink into. So I came home and tried them on and lo and behold some of the mediums actually fit. I will have to lose a few more pounds for all of them to fit, but I couldn't believe that I was standing in my living room wearing a size medium shirt. To be honest, even when I dreamed of what my smallest size would be when I lost the weight, I prayed that it would be a large. I don't ever forsee being in a small on the top because I really do have a wide rib cage. There is not much fat left on it and bones aren't supposed to shrink! But I can't even make a goal for the size pants that I will be in. All of this is unimaginable to me. For the first time last night I looked in the mirror and I didn't see myself as fat. It was earth shattering in a good way.

Well I am sick as a dog. I think I caught what my BF had and it is terrible. I can't think and I am trying to plan for a sub and it just isn't working. Usually I strategically plan the days that I am absent so sub plans are easy, but when it happens that I am actually sick and need to be gone, sub plans are a nightmare.

My band mommy looks HOT! I will post my pictures on Feb 9, which is my 6 month bandiversary. Yesterday was a huge NSV day. Well I am sick as a dog..

Karri

Thanks so much - I think I look ok for an old broad :) Who still wants to get her groove on :Banane20:

Great NSV Medium tops :) and seeing yourself as you are - a lot thinner than you were 6 months ago... In fact if you are in a medium top I would say skinny....:Banane20:

Hope you feel better soon - I know my DDIL (nurse) says a bad flu is going around here in the Desert... Hugs to you - chicken Soup, ...

Well gotta jump in the shower an go to my Son's for the superbowl - see I have been on this computer all morning - it's addicting.... I did get my wash almost all done:rolleyes2:

Will ck back after the game...

Karri

Thanks so much - I think I look ok for an old broad :) Who still wants to get her groove on :)

Old Broad, indeed! You're just a baby! One Hot Grandma!

Hey, I gotta tell you.. going to church the last few weeks has been a real upper! Last week it was the ladies that had started noticing my weight loss, this week... FOUR men, including our chaplain (who is a fellow TOPS member), an usher and a greeter and another guy all telling me I'm looking good. Nice to have people noticing. And, I'm proud of myself because I was up helping to move chairs and helping to get set up for our after church potluck instead of sitting and watching. So I signed us up to be in charge of set up one Sunday next month. I've let myself get in the habit of being so sedentary!! So... making a real effort to get up and MOVE!!

OMG !!!! OMG !!!!! OMG !!!!!

ELI just one the Superbowl !!!!!! I am so happy for his family, I could cry. The Mannings are from New Orleans!!!!! They are our Peeps!!!! Imagine the pride and joy of having two sons in the NFL. Two sons, quarterbacks, each winning the Superbowl one year after the other. OMG, unfreakin believable!!!!!!

Mardi Gras had to compete with the Superbowl, and Eli won!!!!

Did I mention how freakin excited I am.

:eek:

ELI just one the Superbowl !!!!!! I am so happy for his family, I could cry. The Mannings are from New Orleans!!!!! They are our Peeps!!!! Imagine the pride and joy of having two sons in the NFL. Two sons, quarterbacks, each winning the Superbowl one year after the other. OMG, unfreakin believable!!!!!!

Mardi Gras had to compete with the Superbowl, and Eli won!!!!

Did I mention how freakin excited I am.

:eek:

I'm with you, Mango!! That was one of the best SuperBowls EVER!! Fantastic!! And I was sitting here in the RV with THREE people who were rooting for NE!! It was great!

Yesterday we went to a friend's house for Endymion, New Orleans biggest and prettiest parade. We had a blast. Their house is a block away from where the parade officially starts but the floats lined up on the street next to us. 3 gigantic Budweiser trucks pulled up right in front thier house with the Clydesdales. Awesome! This was the first year this parade went back to it's original Mid City route since Katrina. Mid City is a part of New Orleans that flooded. For the past two years the area was still too messed up to have a parade go through.

Having this parade go home was a big deal for Mid City. And then today Eli wins the Superbowl which is another big deal for New Orleans. Awesome!!!!!!

Kingcake is made out of a sweet bread dough. It is formed into a circle and decorated with purple, green, and gold(yellow) sugar. A plastic baby is inside. Whoever gets the piece with the baby is supposed to buy the next cake. Around here, children always bring them to school during the season. We start having them right after Christmas until Fat Tuesday. This year was a very short season with one of the earliest Mardi Gras we've had.

Katrina - Congratulations on Onederland.

Gulfport/Biloxi area was much worse. They took the direct hit and were basically wiped off the map. New Orleans flooded because the levies broke. The area of New Orleans where tourist go, the French Quarter, was not majorly damaged. It did not flood. The experience of Katrina was surreal. It was horrific, unimaginable. When we go down the main highway through town, you look out over the city and you can still see the waterlines on things and you can tell that as far as you can see everything was under at least 4 feet of Water. The house we were at yesterday flooded 4 feet, and that water stayed for 2 weeks.

Old Broad, indeed! You're just a baby! One Hot Grandma!

Hey, I gotta tell you.. going to church the last few weeks has been a real upper! Last week it was the ladies that had started noticing my weight loss, this week... FOUR men, including our chaplain (who is a fellow TOPS member), an usher and a greeter and another guy all telling me I'm looking good. Nice to have people noticing. And, I'm proud of myself because I was up helping to move chairs and helping to get set up for our after church potluck instead of sitting and watching. So I signed us up to be in charge of set up one Sunday next month. I've let myself get in the habit of being so sedentary!! So... making a real effort to get up and MOVE!!

Phyl that a BIG NSV for you :eek: Be Happy & proud... You deserve it...:frown: 23_5_103.gif

ELI just one the Superbowl !!!!!! IDid I mention how freakin excited I am.

Yep - good job - boring game until the last 5 minutes - My GD & I were for NY - DIL was for NE - I kept asking my Son why the news was so down on ELI - He gave me the scoop - Well now he can tell them all to jump in the lake he won the super bowl.... 23_28_107.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Katrina - onederland, Yeah!!!!!

Karri - Size 9, Shut-up dats Fantastic!!!!!

Janet - You look beautiful!!!! I danced yesterday too, They had bands before the parade. I'm still fat, but some of the embarrassment is gone. I'm starting to feel better about myself. And if I want to dance, I'm gonna dance. There's no way in hell I woulda done that last year.

Katrina - onederland, Yeah!!!!!

Karri - Size 9, Shut-up dats Fantastic!!!!!

Janet - You look beautiful!!!! I danced yesterday too, They had bands before the parade. I'm still fat, but some of the embarrassment is gone. I'm starting to feel better about myself. And if I want to dance, I'm gonna dance. There's no way in hell I woulda done that last year.

We all are in such a better place than we were a year ago... I thank God for the blessings daily...

We all are working and we all will succeed in beating our addiction to food -

Good Morning Gang - I'm at work getting ready to start my Day....

Blooeyez - Looking good girl - keep of the good work :eek:

Mango - So what big party are you doing on Fat Tuesday ???? :frown:

Kari - How are you doing this Monday now that your DH is retired :)

Phyl - Hope the wind didn't blow you away - OMG the snow is low on the mountains this morning...:mad:

Karri - Well Ms Size 9:tongue: - Hope you are feeling better today - did you go to work or stay home???

Peaches - How are you doing - you haven't posted didn't you have a doc appt today 2/4 - Let us know how it goes...

Katrina - Hope you are doing good too - You know I have never lost more than 30 or 40 lbs on any diet before - given 250 was my all time high but I have surpassed my those 40 lbs - The band is the greatest tool...

Ruby - We are waiting for your pic's - And I look like your MIL - I am glad that's a good thing - they say we all have a twin out there in the world

OK gang - WLS is going to be on Oprah today - Snowbird posted about it - it's about teen and WLS - From what I read on the Mom of the Girl Cassie who will be on the show today (dr. ortiz mex patient) Dr Oz is a big AH - and I bet our girl Oprah won't be too kind either. I think we should all write a letter - telling her it's not the easy way out - that this is friggin hard work.

and it really bugs me that she just shows the negative side of WLS...

The tread is on the mainboard or search Snowbird and you will find it.. '

Well better get my butt in gear... For those I missed - Hope you have a good day - and I will ck back later..

xooxoxoxox

J