Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ok 1st off I am so excited they moved my 1st fill from Oct 24th to Oct 2nd. I would love to have it alot sooner but that is better than what it was right? Also I weighed today and I have lost another pound which puts me at 14 pounds now. Yeah!! My first goal is to lose 20 LBS by Labor day so I am not that far off. I just might make it. Well I am heading off to work now so I will talk to you all later.

Hey gang! How are you? I've been doing well. I've been exercising (just the treadmill for now) and it's giving me a lot of energy.

But today was bad for me. I did my exercise, but I ate a mushroom quesadilla. I know it's a no-no b/c I'm still on mushies. I picked at the refried Beans (which are fine on mushies), but that quesadilla...I started out just eating the insides, but the tortilla looked and smelled so good...and the quesadilla won.

Well, I guess I'll brush myself off and get back up. I realize what happened and why...I didn't have lunch today or my afternoon Protein Drink. So, I guess I did it to myself. As I always say, I live and learn.

Just had to get that off my chest! I feel bad for what I've done.:cry

Chim, we all have good days and bad days...don't beat yourself up. At least it wasn't a chicken one!

Brush off and move on.... :lol:

Lynette

I have to remember to add Protein Powder (or some sort of Protein like cottage cheese) to all my food so that it will keep me from getting hungry.

Chim

Confession is good for the soul! I know its helped me out a lot since being banded. When I tell you guys what I've done I end up not thinking about it anymore which makes me not what to to say to myself "well since I've eaten this, I might as well eat that." Trust when I tell you, this is still a daily....no no, meal by meal struggle. You know what you have to do now is to just keep lookng forward (don't look back because whats done is done). You are going to do very well during your next meal.

I just had my 1st mushy meal and it was delicious. I made tuna acovado salad. It's basically the same ingredients as guacamole (chopped avocado, scallions, Tomato, low sodium salt, garlic powder, pepper, a few cap fulls of lemon juice), but you add chunk lite tuna and include lots more tomato. You mash it a little but leave chunks of avocado for you to chew on. Mmmmmmm. so good!

I plan on having the rest of it later tonight with added unflavored protein powder and cilantro.:whoo:

Lynette

Chim

Confession is good for the soul! I know its helped me out a lot since being banded. When I tell you guys what I've done I end up not thinking about it anymore which makes me not what to to say to myself "well since I've eaten this, I might as well eat that." Trust when I tell you, this is still a daily....no no, meal by meal struggle. You know what you have to do now is to just keep lookng forward (don't look back because whats done is done). You are going to do very well during your next meal.

Wow! Very well said, I concur.

Chim, it's so easy to think because you skipped a meal, you can splurge, but I've noticed I can't. I can still only eat about 5 ozs. max at a meal. I just did this. Actually, I didn't eat my 2:30 snack today (wasn't hungry, so I wasn't going to force myself), and at 5:30 when it was time for dinner, I noticed my thinking went back to WW for a minute, and I was thinking I had saved some points from not eating at 2:30, but I'm not on WW, I'm on BAND BUSTERS, and can still only eat a small amount. I made a 4 oz turkey burger with a slice of cheese on it, and had about 10 pieces of, don't laugh, spongebob mac and cheese, and I couldn't finish about an once of the burger, or about 3 pieces of the mac and cheese. But you live and learn, and I have had a few bites of of a tortilla too. It just doesn't taste as good anymore.

cazulay, great job on the body measurements. The night before surgery I told my DH to get the digital camera and meet me in our room (he got all excited, but it wasn't what he was thinking) I had him take pics of me in a tight workout outfit, and took my meaurements. I've decided to remeasure every 2 months, and take new pics. I've got 2 more weeks.

Sunny, keep up the self control. The fill will be here before you know it. It is outrageous that the healthy foods are so much more expensive, but we're eating such a little amount, it should even out eventually like you said.

Chim, it's so easy to think because you skipped a meal, you can splurge, but I've noticed I can't. I can still only eat about 5 ozs. max at a meal. I just did this. Actually, I didn't eat my 2:30 snack today (wasn't hungry, so I wasn't going to force myself), and at 5:30 when it was time for dinner, I noticed my thinking went back to WW for a minute, and I was thinking I had saved some points from not eating at 2:30, but I'm not on WW, I'm on BAND BUSTERS, and can still only eat a small amount. I made a 4 oz turkey burger with a slice of cheese on it, and had about 10 pieces of, don't laugh, spongebob mac and cheese, and I couldn't finish about an once of the burger, or about 3 pieces of the mac and cheese. But you live and learn, and I have had a few bites of of a tortilla too. It just doesn't taste as good anymore.

I love that--Band Busters! Oh I wouldn't laugh at you eating Spongebob mac & cheese! :lol: LOL. And you're right. The quesadilla wasn't what I remembered it to be. Isn't it awesome that our tastebuds are changing and craving healthy stuff???

Well, I'm noticing a pattern. If I miss a meal, then by my next meal, I am so hungry that I almost can't control myself.

I am so full from that quesadilla that I won't need anything else tonight.

Thank you ALL for the encouragement and support!!! Ya'll are the best!

lynette- how do you find the unflavored protien powder mixed in with food? Does it throw the flavor off at all? I did buy the unflavored injury but havent used it yet. I was so sick of the shakes that I coulnt wait to get to the mushy stage so that I would only have to have 1 shake a day.

Tenille-congrats on the 14 lbs- your Labor Day goal is so reachable-Im sure you will do it.

Chim- that meal is now in the past- you cant change it...you only have to look foward. I know what you mean about missing a meal and you cant control yourself at the next meal. That happened to me yesterday. I was so hungry that I ate much faster than I should have and I was in such pain afterward (for about 4 hours). A definate weakness. As my mother would say, I was eating like someone was trying to take it away from me. (can we say a definate phrase to send your overweight child to therapy)-and that was one of her more gental phrases.

Tonight, I made meatballs. I had 2 one once meatballs. They were the best meatballs I ever ate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I think Chef Boyarde would make me thrilled.

Chim, glad to hear you're feeling better about it, and that you've brushed it off already. I liked my band busters comment also, LOL.

ssankofa, it does feel good after getting things out when you've screwed up. Not only is it a huge weight of your shoulders, but it may help you or someone else stay on their path. We've all said it before, we're all in this together, and we're our best supporters!!

Tennille, congrats on getting the fill date moved up. The time will fly by for you.

I just jumped back on the band wagon. I did my Turbo Jam DVD for 30 minutes. It feels great knowing I did something other than just sitting here, typing away. I'm off to do some weights. Need to trim my fat arms up. Can't have a thin waist, turbo abs, and flabby arms. I'll check back in later.

only4me, I use the Jay Robbs unflavored powder, and I taste a small flavor to it the first couple of bits of something, and then it's gone. I added a whole scoop to my oatmeal yesterday, and then added 2 packs of spenda. I couldn't taste it at all. When I use it in cottage cheese, I also add some salt which takes the flavor away too. I can't taste it in my chicken salad recipe at all with all the other ingredients. It's really not bad, and I think you acquire a taste for it once you've had it a few times.

Chim - don't beat yourself up too badly, we've all been there!!! I'm glad to be almost done with mushies (as they've changed the critiera for the AP band) and have enjoyed being able to eat tuna salad, egg salad and the chili I had with just a few tortilla chips last night, I just keep it all small. It's not that I can't eat more, I surely could (I have a 14cc APL band and feel relatively NO restriction whatsoever!) So we all have good and bad days....hang in there!!

Ssankofa73 - that avocado/tuna salad sounded heavenly!!! Should post it in the recipe section!!

I meant to measure myself before surgery and forgot all about it, I may have my hubby do it even now, it's a good indicator of loss when the scale isn't saying much!!

Trudge on Bandbusters!!!! (thanks Lynette)

Celeste

OK, I did not lose this past weekend but went back to Curves today and had a great time, especially because they took my measures and they came out great! Here's what they look like, from June 26th until today, Aug. 13th:

Weight: - 27.5

Body Fat Lbs: - 16.63

Body Fat: - 1.7%

Bust: - 3.75 yeah!

Waist: - 0.5

Thights: - 2.5

Arms: - 1

Abdomen: -2.5

Hips: - 1.5

Total Inches Lost : - 11.75

So, if you haven't taken your measures, go ahead and do so. Sometimes the scale doesn't move, but you can see progress thru the tape measure.

Great going on the inches lost. I have to buy a tape measure so I can do my measurements.

Chim, you are doing great. Don't get down about one meal. Hang in there.

Lynette, I am so proud of you...doing the exercise DVD. Making that first step is the hardest.

I ate some popcorn tonight and had NO trouble. I need a fill...BAD!!!!

Lynette, you go w/the Turbo Jams! You've done the hardest part--getting started. We'll keep cheering you on!!! I sure hope Hunter gets better. Poor little guy.

Sunny, I hear you. I want a fill so bad, too. I have NO restriction whatsoever!

Caz and Tenille, congrats on your wt loss and accomplishments!!! And to think, this is just the beginning.

SSankofa73, yes, confession is good for the soul. I do always feel better after I talk to ya'll about stuff that's bothering me.

Only, you're right. That meal is over and done with. I have such a hard time making mistakes (can you tell I'm a perfectionist???)...but I'm learning to give myself some slack.

I love this group. Ya'll are the best!

Lynette - I made the chicken salad yesterday. The whole family loved it.

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem......I can't go.

I'm miserable. I have been taking benefiber for 2 days, no help.

I just bought some high Fiber Cereal. I'll eat it every day for Breakfast.< /p>

Can a person live taking MOM for maybe life?? Ohhhh Whoaaaa is me.

Only4Me, Yes we are...I mentioned this many, many posts ago, but come New Year's 2008, we're all gonna be Hottie Jalotties!!!

Mango, YES, YES, YES!!!! I was soooooo constipated on Friday. I was miserable. Took a stool softener. WARNING...TMI coming up...I think I now have a hemorrhoid. And now it is painful when I go. Very painful, like something is tearing (and I have a high tolerance for pain). I've always been very regular prior to banding. So, what I've done is added Raisin Nut Bran to my list of mushies. I let the cereal get mushy before I eat it, but I want to try to get my bran in by eating more fiber...before I try the Benefiber. Don't know if the cereal is okay, but I will not let myself get like I was last Friday. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. Try drinking some prune juice. That should get things moving.