Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi, Im Having Surgery The 24th In Arlington. I Will Probably Be On Here Alot Because I Will Need All The Support.

Phyl - just wanted to send my good wishes your way for surgery tomorrow....!!! It's at the NWWLS right? I'm with Dr. Watkins on the 31st!

To all those getting banded tomorrow......good luck!!!

I try to tell myself that he's just trying to look out for me, but it's hard. My parents took it upon themselves to inform every single person they know that I had surgery. Even the hairdresser knows, for Pete's sake. Everyone asks me how I'm doing, how much I've lost, and most irritatingly, asks me "Are you supposed to be eating that?". I'm about to scream.

:biggrin1: Laurend, if the hairdresser knows, EVERYBODY knows. I know this frustrating cause now everybody is watching you and everything you eat. Just try to ignore them, smile and when they ask "should you be eating that" say yes and keep eating. Hang in there :rolleyes:

Hi, Im Having Surgery The 24th In Arlington. I Will Probably Be On Here Alot Because I Will Need All The Support.

Tenille, welcome to the group. You will find we all post alot. If you skip a day you will have a lot of reading to do to catch up. This is a great group with wonderful support. We are also talking about a cruise next August to Celebrate our new HOT selves. Think about it. If you are interested let us know.

It's hard keeping up with all of us! I am so encouarged by MsPris's attitude. I hope that someday she'll be able to look back on her experience and see how it all worked out for her good. In the meantime, MsPris has retaught me a valuable lesson--I am always inspired by people who take set backs and focus on the positive. I wish you the best, hon, and I definitely want you to keep in touch with us all. Like someone else said, we are family here, and banded or not, you are one of us.

Aunt Phyl and others who are banded today (I'm sorry, I can't remember all your names): You are in my prayers today. There may be that moment of fear and doubt, but go forward. There is nothing to be gained by stopping now, and everything to be gained (or lost:)) by moving forward. As my little mexican nurse said to me as I was waiting to go into the operating room: "Dios nos ve" (God sees us).

As for me, I'm down 7 more pounds this week and finding the clear liquid diet not-so-bad. Yes I am sore, but as long as I don't push the walking too much, Tylenol is sufficient. It's acutally kinda nice to be able to nap when I want to and not feel guilty about it. I know that by next week I will need to start exercising more, so I am enjoying this while it lasts!

Hi everyone, I'm at home this moring waiting for our countertop to arrive. Then I'm off to a Karate demonstration at my son's karate day camp. Should be hillarious. He's been coming home all week going "hy yah" and swinging his arms and legs everywhere.

Ms. Pris: I am so sorry for your experience. I know we all talk about our pre-op diets to shrink the liver, but I know I never viewed it as a dangerouse complication. I'm so glad you pulled through your surgery and have such a commendable attitude. Whatever your Plan B is, please stay with us on this board to share your success.

Aunt Phyl: Good luck today, I'm thinking about you. FYI, Sashimi is the raw fish without the rice attached. So its a hunk of fish. I like sushi better, but I've been told rice can be difficult to get through the band. And there is no way I can give up my Japanese food.< /p>

Lynette: Glad to hear you're over your first bad experience. Thanks for explaining what "PB" means... I wasn't sure. Ok, now for some trash talk... you need to get that hunk of a man over his "fear factor" and have some hot s#%. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Chimboree: you must be getting close to your date. I hope your illness is over and you're on schedule.

Wrangler: congrats on your entry to bandland. I was able to open the pics, but shouldn't have.. They kind of freeked me out a bit. I used to work in a hospital while in university, and forgot I don't like looking at scars and stuff. But thanks for sharing.

Dini: I'm so jealouse. I know you're from Italy, but I've never been outside of North America, and Italy is one place I would love to go to. I love the food, wine, history and culture. Unfortunately, my DH doesn't share that viewpoint, so I will have to go without him someday. His first wife was Italian, and he was young, and they lived with her parents, and he hated it... too much family for his "only child" experience.

Sunny: I'm like you... I can't believe in 6 days I will be banded. OMG, now that scares me. So band buddy, I like your Dr. viewpoint on pre-op diets. I'm supposed to be on one, but I keep screwing up. I think it's part psychological and part horrible food choices. But I really do have to focus, as Ms. Pris's experience scares me.

As for my own "nesting" situation... the kitchen is coming along. I came home last night and all the upper cupboards were in, but I quickly pointed out to my brother & DH that they made a mistake on the spacer. So they had to take down a few of the cupboards and do them over. Then they started on the lower cabinets. What a nightmare trying to put in the sink base.

Anyway, they are almost done, and it will look wonderful. Should be done by tomorrow, except for the little things like base boards. Then I can clean and set up my kitchen in time for my surgery next Thurs.

Hello Everyone. I'm Kelli and getting banded on July 24 (next Tuesday) YIKES!!! I'm actually so excited I can't wait. I just thought I would introduce myself because I've been reading all of your posts for awhile now and just got up the nerve to write. Well good luck to all who have and haven't been banded yet. July is OUR month!!!!

I'm on my pre-op diet now for the past 6 days and have lost 3 pounds and I have 4 more days to go. It really isn't as bad as a have heard. The Protein Shakes are a life saver.

Well, talk soon and please add me to your calender, prayers, ect....

Kelli

Laurend, I hope you get your air conditioning fixed real soon!!!! I get hot even when it is running sometimes, lol! Although, today it is very mild here in PA! They are only calling for highs near 70, with a cold front moving out. Man, it hasn't been the nicest summer this year! We get spurts of high humidity and temps, but then followed by fallish weather! Go figure!!!! Wasn't bad when I wasn't allowed in the pool, but now that I am, I am ready to use it!!!!! LOL

laurend, I ended up with the 10 cc band, he said that is all he uses!! Then when I go for my first fill at 6 weeks, he will do it under a fluorolight and adjust it, then have me drink, then adjust it, til he feels it is right for me. He said that alleviates having to come back for weeks and weeks to get just the right fill. He also said he doesn't consider being too loose an emergency, but definitely considers being too tight one! He said if that ever occurs, call him right away and he will remove some fluid! Kind of nice to know, lol!

ms925, good news!

Tenille, welcome! You'll love it here! What nice people!!!

kathy, sounds like the kitchen is moving right along! That is wonderful! You will be cleaned up and ready for Thursday!!!! Yeah for you! I am sure that is such a relief!!!!

kcorbin, Welcome to our group!

lindaa, Congrats on the weight loss! Isn't it wonderful!!!! It is just melting off! What a great feeling!!!!

Sunny: I'm like you... I can't believe in 6 days I will be banded. OMG, now that scares me. So band buddy, I like your Dr. viewpoint on pre-op diets. I'm supposed to be on one, but I keep screwing up. I think it's part psychological and part horrible food choices. But I really do have to focus, as Ms. Pris's experience scares me.

Kathy, I know what you mean by those pics. My Dr. viewpoint is for pre and post-op diet. I just love him. Band sis, we only have 6 days...yikes! I am nervous and excited. Let's just keep suporting each other :rolleyes:

Sunny and Kathy!!!! How cool is that you two will be sharing a day!!!! Two of my favs on the same day!!!!! Neato!!! We will be sending a double prayer chain up that day!!!!! Love you Girls!

More appointments today! :bored I try to get everything in during the summer, since I teach and man, seems like that is all I do!!! Today is eye exams, but still holding off on the gynecologist one, do have a date, but I always leave that one for last!!!!! :embarassed: I hate going there!!!!! Also, going to try to get a chiropractor one!!! Back still aches! Although, I have been sleeping on my stomach for the past few days and it has helped tremendously!!!! I hope everyone has a great day and I will check back in later on!!!!! :clap2: