Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

lindaa, I figured Laurend wanted all our stats each week on Friday, so I decided Friday would be weigh in day for me. I can't tell I've lost yet by looking at me. Still some swelling going on.

nurse76, don't do it (the McDonalds) I'd be afraid it would get stuck. That's what keeps me from eating things my DH and son are eating. I would hate to have to get sick. Don't want the slippage thing to happen.

Dini, sorry I missed you last night. Hope your day is better. Please don't even tell me you are at work, again. Girl, you need a day off.

nulife2be, hang it there. Please stay with us and keep us posted. We have Dini and breadlady who were banded in June, so we can have you in August. You'll be still be a lucky 7 at heart!!

Lynette hey, not to worry about last night after all you do need to spend some time wit your family!!! i'm not in work at the moment but i will be soon just waiting for Adam to come home from work! how you doing today your weight loss is fab! congratulations

Thanks, but you know, your smaller, and most of what we're losing is probably Water weight, so keep that in mind my little sausage. You're still doing great.

nurse76, you asked what I'm eating. I find that 4 ozs of small curd cottage cheee with 1/2 scoop of unflavored powder really fills me up good. I've also had the campbells chunky chicken fajaita Soup which I put in the magic bullet for about 7 seconds is really filling also, and tasty.

Yesterday I stopped in my chineese take out and got egg drop soup, and I tried hot and sour soup for the first time. Very tasty and filling. Heated up leftovers for dinner last night, and getting ready to have some again for lunch today.

ok folks i'm off to work! i'm going to be around burgers fries southern fried chicken. hot dog , kebab etc........

i dont know how i'm managing it at all. i'm so hungry all the time. talk later

Hey Dini, I'll try to catch you later,

I'm going to eat lunch and then take a nap with my buddy. I should be back in a few hours. Need to shut this computer down, as it's running slow as molasses.

I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone.

My surgery is Wednesday morning and I am feeling awful. I was supposed to be on Optifast for 2 weeks preop and I failed miserably and lost zip. I know alot of folks who had the band and were never required to go on a preop diet so I am praying that the lapband will still help me and I am not a total failure. Words of wisdom people please?

Neef

lauened sound like your doing well! i'm starving! gwtting my 1st fil in 2 weeks thank god! i've also only lost about 4lbs not happy about that seing as everyone else is loosing so much more! frown.gif
I'm sure I will be absolutely starving when my first fill comes around. Right now, I am still amazed that I can be completely satisfied and full on one scrambled egg and a few bites of grits (went to Waffle House with my parents for lunch today). It's such a strange feeling, since I'm used to eating two or three eggs, a waffle, a big serving of grits, and a couple of pieces of toast before I feel like my hunger is satisfied.

neefam: All I can tell you is that my surgeon does not require any pre-operative dieting unless the BMI is greater than 45. If dieting were easy, we wouldn't be dong the band. Dieting is hard work and every single one of us has tried it and failed--that's why we are dong what we are doing this. I hope that your surgery will proceed as scheduled, and that the band will help you feel successful. Keep us posted.

Our youngest son lives in Colcord...never been there, he just moved there. I think he said its near the Arkansas border. He was in Grove before that. We just moved back to WA state, but we'll be back to Ok to visit from time to time. It is nice to be back to the mountains, and the trees, and the water! I love to ride the ferries!

My surgery date is 7/20.

Hi Phyl, I know right where Colcord is! I have a good friend that lives there. Small but seems to be a pretty close knit community. I hope he likes it there. Good luck on your surgery. I'm having my done the 23rd. Started the pre-op diet today. I really should have not had such a high carb "last supper" last night. I'm so hungry today. Have a great day.

My surgery is Wednesday morning and I am feeling awful. I was supposed to be on Optifast for 2 weeks preop and I failed miserably and lost zip. I know alot of folks who had the band and were never required to go on a preop diet so I am praying that the lapband will still help me and I am not a total failure. Words of wisdom people please?

Neef

You'll do fine, believe me. I wasn't exactly 100% compliant with my pre-op diet, either (not that it was as strict as your's is, anyway), and I'm doing fine. Your whole outlook will change once you've had surgery. You probably won't even feel like eating a lot of your favorite foods. Or, if you do want them, you'll be satisfied with a whole lot less.

Don't stress out over it. I think you will do great with the band. After all, none of us were ever known for our self control, otherwise we wouldn't be getting the band. After banding, though, you'll have the extra support and reinforcement that you need to be successful.

OK, I was just reminded of why I am getting banded...tried to start dieting on my own today and by lunchtime I was ready to eat my own arms! :faint:

This hunger is so frustating, I can't wait to not feel hunger anymore. I gained all this weight due to emotional issues, got over that mostly and now I am jsut fat and hungry. I hate to be negative, but I am so hungry at this very moment I doubt this band is going to help me. Better go get a Protein shake before I pass out!

Hi, Please add me to your list. my weight today is 205 [still yo-yoing up and down] I was at 226 in March. I'm 5' 6" tall. started pre-op diet today. Being banded on July 23rd. Love this group. Great read!

OK, I was just reminded of why I am getting banded...tried to start dieting on my own today and by lunchtime I was ready to eat my own arms! :faint:

This hunger is so frustating, I can't wait to not feel hunger anymore. I gained all this weight due to emotional issues, got over that mostly and now I am jsut fat and hungry. I hate to be negative, but I am so hungry at this very moment I doubt this band is going to help me. Better go get a Protein shake before I pass out!

DITTO. How long 'till supper?