Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I'm hoping I'm luckier still; surgery date 7/11. Yep, I'm nervous. Hoping to get through the 1st 3 weeks of liquid diet (per my surgeon Dr. Kim in Celebration) without killing someone. I'm already missing my wine with dinner; heck anything to drink with dinner. And wondering when I'll "get" that sipping is necessary....realizing how much I gulp now. Just think though, this time next year.............

jukntrnk, Welcome, glad you found us. We have a great support group here.

FYI, the sipping thing is getting to me too. I was banded on Monday and I think I'm drinking too fast. Have to slow down some, but it's not bad.

Next year is going to be great. Can't wait!!

Lynette, we are starting about the same for weight. Did you or your surgeon devise a goal weight? How are you getting around, ok? Any pain?

Hello Everyone,

I just found out today that my surgery date will be July 24th.

As you can see from my user name that is my favorite number.

So, I'm hoping it's a good omen. I'm a little scared to say the least.

I will begin the liquid diet Mon.

This is my first post on this site. I'm just learning how to use it; I'm not even sure if this post is gonna work. Here I go, I'm clicking the button.....

Hi all,

Had a little posting trouble...here I go again. I'm scheduled for my band surgery on July 10th with Dr. McKeen in San Jose. Would love to be in touch with other July bandsters.

=)

Gladster, I'm on the 17th, too, with Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico. There is wifi in the hotel, the Hamptons Inn, I found out.

Icy Breeze, I'm I'm a one-day liquid diet pre-op. I was told that's because I'm a lower BMI, in my case 32. Hope that helps.

Why am I embarrassed about my weight? Because whenever I'm out socially, everyone is a normal weight except for me, so I don't feel attractive or sexy, and I feel shamed as well, because everyone I know watches her weight to one degree or another, and I just watch it go up...

Good evening, you guys. I've just been catching up. Welcome to IcyBreeze, Jnkntrnk, JDHJ861jr, and Gladster12. I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Well, am I embarrassed by my weight? I can honestly say yes. How do I know this? I'm gonna be pretty candid w/this. Please don't get the wrong idea about me. DISCLAIMER: Really, I'm not selfish and superficial!

Well, I always try to make sure that everything is 'right'-hair, nails, clothes, etc. How shallow, right? But I do it (1) b/c I always have...I enjoy taking care of myself, despite my size, and (2) especially now b/c I am overweight and I don't want people judging me, thinking I'm lazy, sloppy, don't care about myself, etc. It's almost like I know people are thinking things about me b/c I'm overweight, so I want to take away any additional ammunition...does that make sense?

So, just a little insight for ya.

I also hate the 'compliment', "You have such a pretty face". That drives me nuts! For me, it just emphasizes the weight issue.

Good evening, you guys. I've just been catching up. Welcome to IcyBreeze, Jnkntrnk, JDHJ861jr, and Gladster12. I hope I didn't miss anyone!

Well, am I embarrassed by my weight? I can honestly say yes. How do I know this? I'm gonna be pretty candid w/this. Please don't get the wrong idea about me. DISCLAIMER: Really, I'm not selfish and superficial!

Well, I always try to make sure that everything is 'right'-hair, nails, clothes, etc. How shallow, right? But I do it (1) b/c I always have...I enjoy taking care of myself, despite my size, and (2) especially now b/c I am overweight and I don't want people judging me, thinking I'm lazy, sloppy, don't care about myself, etc. It's almost like I know people are thinking things about me b/c I'm overweight, so I want to take away any additional ammunition...does that make sense?

So, just a little insight for ya.

I don't think it's shallow to be well-groomed, Chimboree. It's easy to let yourself go when you're heavy, at least it is for me. I don't want to go out so I stop caring about my apprearance. I do believe people should be clean and neat-looking- stop worrying!

Icybreeze, no pre-op diet here. Thank you, Jesus! I know I'm one of the fortunate ones b/c there are many here that do have one.

Lynette, Wow! You are doing sooooo well! What an inspiration! I will be happy if things go that way for me on Monday!!!!

jukntrnk, I decided my own goal weight, so far. Maybe it's something my Dr. will talk about once I get my check up, but so far, nothing has been said on it. I have the 132 goal for the 100 lb loss. I'd still be thrilled with 140, a 92 lb. loss. Hey I'm thrilled with the 8 lbs I've lost already!!

I've been doing great, out walking up and down my street to relieve the gas. The best part is I am sleeping well, with no pain, but I'm in my recliner in the livingroom. I'm going to wait until next week to try the bed for the first time.

Mango24, welcome to the Lucky 7's. We're excited to have you join us.

Chimboree, how'd your appointment go today?

dmtjet, thanks. I hope everyone has the same experience I've had with this. It's been great.

I totally agree with you Chimboree-taking pride in your appearance is a form of self love which most of us don't get enough of. Also, you know what's coming after "you have such a pretty face" SO WHY DON"T YOU LOSE THE WEIGHT???? I have been hearing that my whole life by people who are trying to compliment me. (and as if you had an ugly face there would be no reason to lose weight???):rolleyes So now at 45, with a face that looks more wise than pretty, I am going to lose the weight---for me--not for anyone else's viewing pleasure. I am finally at the age where I can say scr#w you, if you don't like it don't look. My friends that care about me tell me that I am looking fit and healthy-now that's a compliment.

Yesterday I went a little crazy looking up band horror stories on the internet, figuring if I was going to back out, now is the time. You know after reading the worst of the worst, I still feel that this is the right surgery for me. My doctor is extremely well qualified and the hospital is the best in the region---so 8 more days to go-I am excited and ready to go. :whoo::whoo::whoo:

Chimboree, I don't think it's shallow to be well groomed either. I take care of myself, when I want to. When I'm at home, I don't care how I look. When my DH and I go out, I want to look fine for him, and so other men might say WOW, look what he's got. I do up my hair, which is always getting compliments, and my make up. I do think I have a pretty face, I just hate hearing it from others because I think "Is this is the only thing they can compliment me on"!!

Lynette, Did your dr. recommend any certain amount of time for exercise or walking? Or are you doing it as you feel able or necessary?