Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmm...anyone with an incontinence problem and ...

struggling with all the Water intake from that vantage point? I realize over the past several years I've probably never drank sufficient water and wonder how much having a bit of an incontinence problem had to do with that...i.e. if I don't drink I won't have to feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time or risk leaking..sigh. I am pursuing treatment with a urologist, but even now, trying to push my fluids before surgery, I'm wondering how in the heck am I EVER going to survive. I'll have to wear double Depends or something!! (right now I make it through the day with just a pad, but I'm buying stock in Depends :)

Pre-op, I had a problem with peeing every 15 minutes or so. By the time I had lost that first thirty pounds, the problem resolved itself. Now I can sleep 4-5 hours at a time without having to get up to go the bathroom and I drink 80+ ounces of Water every day.

I have bladder frequency. Before surgery it was really bad so I never drank more than 4 - 6 glasses of Water a day or else I was up all night running to the bathroom and sometimes didn't make it. (YUCK! :wacko: )

Oddly enough it hasn't been much of a problem post op. I'm mostly sleeping through the night. Maybe getting up once. I keep my Water intake on the low end of what is acceptable, 48 oz. My doctor said as the weight comes off and relieves the constant pressure on my bladder there's a chance I may no longer have this problem at all.

Edited by Blerdgirl

I am just a couple of weeks out from surgery. Beyond the first day I have not had a problem with leaking. A surprisingly wonderful side effect. I have no idea why I am not leaking anymore but am thrilled.

Same here....I peed 20X a day pre-surgery....now I never get up in the middle of the night and our TP consumption in this house has significantly decreased! I can go out for hours and not have to 'find a WC!. One of the many positive side effects of this process....YAY!!!

When I sneeze I pee. I don't like this. Sometimes I sneeze the first time and manage to hold"it" but then the second one comes I am not so lucky. It sucks!!

I'm about five months post op and my urinary frequency is still a big issue. Still getting up every night. But the stress incontinence is resolved, thank goodness.

I deal with it daily i have used bladder pads sinc age 34 after my hysterectomy.

Things are better for me. I'm up to 60 of Water a day. I refill my 20oz bottle 3 times a day. Some nights I sleep straight through, other nights I get up once. Thankfully I never peed when I sneezed.

I was the one said that when I sneezed I pee. Well, things are so much better now. I guess the weight off my bladder makes a difference. I don't get up as much either through the night. ????

I was the one said that when I sneezed I pee. Well, things are so much better now. I guess the weight off my bladder makes a difference. I don't get up as much either through the night. ????

Edited by bellabill

I had a bladded problem rith multiple. Bladder surgeries.i have went down to smaller pad size .i do not have to change as often .but still have problem.

Bladder problem

I used to pee 10 to 20X a day and get up 2-3 times a night! Since my surgery almost 4 years ago, I NEVER get up in the middle of the night and pee 3-4 X a day max. One of the delightful little surprises of losing 85 lbs....but here is a TIP OF THE DAY FOR ALL THE FEMALES OUT THERE!!!! DO YOUR KEGELS! I don't drive any more because I live in Amsterdam and bike everywhere, BUT! For many many years, I would do my kegels when I was at a stoplight while I was driving; it became automatic and I think it has helped me. Good for my sex life too! But seriously; it's a muscle and needs to be exercised; it will only get worse as we get older if you don't start.

Pre-op I had stress incontinence. That's a nice way of saying I peed on myself all day long and wore heavy-duty pee-pads.

And now, 90 pounds later, I don't do that at ALL! What a relief!

Like others who've posted above, I also don't get up to pee as often at night -- maybe once. Sometimes never.

And my knees / legs don't ache (I run around all day without pain now), so I don't resist drinking Water to save steps going to the bathroom.

Jeez, what a different life I'm living today than a year ago. No comparison at all.

And that's not even close to the Top Ten Non-Scale Victories I'm enjoying. :)