Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2014 Surgery

Thanks, Asher325, I certainly hope so! I found out today that due to previous surgeries, my bypass may become a sleeve! Unfortunately, the surgeon won't know until he starts the surgery. My main concern is that I don't really know anything

Oops. I don't really know anything about the sleeve.

I'm scheduled for the 23rd

There is a group of three of us getting bypass on the 23rd. We've been emailing each other for support. Let me know if you want in on our group :)

How you doing on the liquids? I can't seem to find a Protein Drink that is not icky! They are tolerable, but just have a horrible after taste and they are too thick. This is our 4th day of these drinks and I am already tired of them. How bout you?

I like the pure Protein Powder. It doesn't mix up very well so I have to stir it extra, but I really like the taste. I've tried both vanilla and chocolate. If you don't want it as thick, just add a bit more milk.

I like the pure Protein powder. It doesn't mix up very well so I have to stir it extra, but I really like the taste. I've tried both vanilla and chocolate. If you don't want it as thick, just add a bit more milk.

I'm hoping my tastes change post-op. Like maddox1, I'm having difficulties with most favors including chocolate. Maybe it's because I prefer dark chocolate. I'll try diluting them a little more so it's more milk tasting. Thanks for the suggestion.

There is a group of three of us getting bypass on the 23rd. We've been emailing each other for support. Let me know if you want in on our group :)

I would love to I would love to join the group my surgery Is on Dec 23 as well.

hi i'd really like to join the group also

Dmaddox1 I was thinking the same thing re: making a New Year's resolution to lose weight that is really going to pan out this time!! I have been heavy for 30 years now so I can't believe this is really happening! I am nearly in tears! I started to do this WLS about 10 years ago and chickened out. Not this time! I finally again have insurance that will cover it (thanks to Obamacare) and I know afterwards, I will be saying to myself, why did I wait so long? I am so grateful to all on this support website. It's great, so helpful! Happy holidays everyone! Despite starting this awful liquid diet today, I feel great, hopeful and I hope all of you are feeling the same way!

Hi there. After a six month journey to prepare, I'm scheduled for surgery on December 29th. I'll begin a 1200 calorie diet on 12/15 and a two day liquid diet on 12/27 (two days prior to surgery). How many years did weight loss top my resolution list? But this time will be different...my body will cooperate and I'll learn a new way of feeding and caring for it. I can't say I'm nervous, but I'm definitely excited. A new, healthy me in 2015. Sounds pretty wonderful.

So today I finished everything I had to do and the last thing was payments and registered at the hospital. I'm 9 days away from the surgery and it's really starting to hit me. I guess I went with the emotions before and now it's sinking it. Im so nervous !! It's all good emotions and excitement!

Does anyone feel like this?

... 6 days till the liquid pre op diet!

I'm doing the hospital pre-admission and payment stuff tomorrow morning!! Surgery is @7am on 12/18!! Too excited for words!! :D

I would love to I would love to join the group my surgery Is on Dec 23 as well.[/quote

Shauna. Did you see that I sent you a private message? It's my email address. Let me know if you didn't get it. :)

Congrats to everyone that has had or will have their surgery this month. The 15th is coming fast and being on day 7 of my diet its becoming easier. I'm getting excited and as the weekend approaches I feel like I'm going to do the happy dance.

I won't know until December. I am hoping I don't have to wait til January. Seems like I've waited so long since I started the process in July

It looks like it's going to be Dec 24th. I'm so excited!