Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So slow coming off ! Come on already

I was so excited to get this done...i don't know what i was thinking !! My body has always kept a death grip on every pound of my weight...nothing had ever worked i don't know why I'm surprised this surgery isn't any different... sleeved 9/23/14 starting weight was 355 pre op..i am now 317.. this includes the 2week pre op diet...the last two weeks was only a 2 lb loss...everyone around me has lost double what i have..the main blessing is i can't stop because of the surgery...i can't drink my Water or shakes i live on fish and Beans for protein..have had 2 iv sessions because of dehydration...now i have a bladder infection..good gosh at least let the weight come off !!!

I am hoping things turn Around for you very soon! It has to come off sooner or later. But trust me it stinks when it's not coming off as you expect it too. It's frusterating I know, sometimes this forum can get to you when you see so many others losing at a very rapid weight. But honestly we don't know the different circumstances that everyone else is in. Try not to get to down. Things will come around for you. And trust me I used to HATE it when people said that to me. But you watch and see it will work. Just hang in there. All my best to you.

I have always had the same problem. My loss is super slooooooow compared to others. But I keep telling mysel to trust the process. Many people have been where I am. Patience. If you are doing what you were instructed it will happen for you. Good luck.

I have always had the same problem. My loss is super slooooooow compared to others. But I keep telling mysel to trust the process. Many people have been where I am. Patience. If you are doing what you were instructed it will happen for you. Good luck.

True. At my consult with the surgeon, she stated the weigh will be melting off of me. Well, not true over here. Even at my three month check up, she seemed disappointed vin my progress. I should of asked for a refund. I've made peace with the fact that it may take me the full year to lose the amount I want to lose. I'm ok with that, I just want to get there. But it's a little confusing and sometimes frustrating that I'm not dropping pounds while eating less than 800calories. How is that even possible? Since July 4th, no suger, flour, potatoes, caffeine, etc. But I'm in this for the long haul.

Look at the all the weight you lost already!!! Congrats ????

Im 6 weeks out n in my 2nd stall, but that's ok. Our bodies need to adjust. There are a few threads explaining the physiology of why this happens that are great, and helped me accept the stalls better.

Also this is not a sprint, it's a lifetime change, we didn't put all this weight on in 5 months and it's not All going to come off that quick. (Even though that really would be awesome!)

I go into the before and after pics a lot. For me that keeps me excited and motivated. Find what keeps you excited and go with it!

Good Luck????????

Thanks for the replies. ..i know this is forever after all i changed my body..four now it's one day at a time and i decided to rid myself of my scale..from now on its weighing only at the doc appt

I had the sleeve Oct 9th. I am on a frustrating stall. I was told I should lose 30 lbs the first month. I am down 17 lbs and 7 days from month 1. i don't see me losing 13 lbs in 7 days.

I am still a week away before my next stage of pureed foods. I am really getting bored with the same foods every day.

For those who have reached your 5th week, what are you eating? I have never poached fish before, how do you do that.

I am married and haven't fixed a meal in over a month. Hard to cook and smell the food when I can only have 3 oz of pureed.< /p>

Help.

I feel the same way! My surgery was 9/22/14 and I haven't lost anything in about 3 weeks. What makes things worse is I've stayed sick pretty much every day since surgery. It's so frustrating. Makes me wonder if I went through all of this for nothing. :(

Me too krydmo..,the thing is we are a foodie family so i gave up so much for this...my daughters wedding is in May i hope i have lost a lot by then

Me too krydmo..,the thing is we are a foodie family so i gave up so much for this...my daughters wedding is in May i hope i have lost a lot by then

Same here! My daughter is graduating in May so I'm hoping I've lost a good bit by then. Surgery was a last resort for me and not losing even after vomiting nearly every day just kinda makes me feel hopeless. I sure hope things turn around for us soon!

Same here! My daughter is graduating in May so I'm hoping I've lost a good bit by then. Surgery was a last resort for me and not losing even after vomiting nearly every day just kinda makes me feel hopeless. I sure hope things turn around for us soon!

I did the same thing..the vomiting..when i went to weigh after two weeks i thought at least I'll get under 300..after watching everyone else's success i thought id so the same...nope only 2 lbs...i decided not to weigh any more..I'll weigh once a month at my monthly doc appt...i know after i get under 300 I'll feel like I've done something...

I had the sleeve Oct 9th. I am on a frustrating stall. I was told I should lose 30 lbs the first month. I am down 17 lbs and 7 days from month 1. i don't see me losing 13 lbs in 7 days.

I am still a week away before my next stage of pureed foods. I am really getting bored with the same foods every day.

For those who have reached your 5th week, what are you eating? I have never poached fish before, how do you do that.

I am married and haven't fixed a meal in over a month. Hard to cook and smell the food when I can only have 3 oz of pureed.< /p>

Help.

I didn't cook for anyone for 4 weeks, my husband n kids were starving... Lol. My husband only grills, I came down one night n my 16 year old was at the table and walked away from a steak, saying he was sick of steak. I laughed and kissed him n thanked him for taking care of me the last 4 weeks????.

It gets better, promise ???? I've been cooking a lot on Sundays these last 3 weeks. food shop on Saturday cause I just don't have it in m to do both in 1 day. I work full time. I made 3 meals n freeze some , so now my freezer is packed ... Lol

Some things I made, but you have to find what you like- (I'm craving beef!)

-Stuffed Cabbage (substitute quinoa for rice )

-Tacos n Beans (no shell)

-Homemade sauce n Meatballs (family also has Pasta, I don't

-Eggplant Parmesan ( can purée after baked if at the point) layered with fat free ricotta, fat free Mozzarella, Parmesan n home made sauce ( bake the eggplant in oven first to lightly brown ( no breadcrumbs or frying )

-Scrambled egg whites n fat free cheese omelet. Add finely chopped veggies if allowed.

Chicken/ tuna salad-