Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find that you sleep less and you are dehydrated at night

I'm exhausted all the time right now and I know its my body adjusting to what is changing.

I'm walking 6 miles a day. Surgery was October 22, 2014.

I take Ambien and I have trouble falling asleep, even after being so exhausted.

I also find myself waking up earlier now. I wake up on average around 4am. I leave around 6am for my first walk. Then home by 7, shower and out the door to work by 7:45.

In the middle of the night I wake up so dehydrated. I have a cup of Water by my bedside which I have to refill every night. Tonight I was so thirsty that I went to the store and got more gatorade. I'm drinking plenty of fluids during the day, but I'm finding after I got to sleep, I dehydrate easily.

I also don't want to drink too much before I go to bed, because I hate that feeling of having to get up to pee constantly.

Does anyone else have these issues post op?

I'm also cold all the time. I woke up and the house is 70 degrees and i turned the heater on to 74. I used to think 70 was hot.

I'm freezing all the time. It's the loss of insulation I guess

I do take a glass of Water to bed every night but just take some sips. I have always done that though not due to surgery.

You're walking a lot for someone who just had surgery 6 days ago. 6 miles a day?? I was barely doing a block much less a mile or 6.

You may want to slow down just a little let your body catch up a bit.

Are you taking your Vitamins? Especially b's? You may need some extra with all the walking I think you're sweating the Vitamins and electrolytes out of your body too soon

Oh yes. I'm taking the Vitamins like crazy. Prior to surgery, I had been walking up to 12 miles a day for the last six months. The doctors have said, walk, walk, walk.

I don't have any re-flux or gas issues. No pain. I'm not taking any pain killers. I'm doing 2 miles in the morning, 2 miles mid day and 2 miles before it gets dark. I have a fit bit and keep track of it that way.

I want to enter the 250's this week on the scale side. I just weighed and i'm at 261.3 . By Friday I want to be around 255 to 250. I know I should be checking the scale so much, but I'm tracking progress. I weighed 274 the day or surgery.

I'm starting to see results in my face already. Hopefully by the end of the month I'm in the 240's.

I'm just impressed with the 6 miles a day 6 days after surgery.

12 lbs in 6 days, I would say that is an accomplishment in itself let alone the 6 miles a day.

I would venture to guess your building body mass and not ingesting enough calories to offset, I would talk to your NUT, she may be able to work your menu around your exercise program.

Shoot, I'm impressed too. I'm worried about walking a short distance in the airport just to change planes, let alone 6 miles. You're the sh!t.

I admire your enthusiasm and your fitness level -- tremendously!

But you are putting yourself under some very familiar-sounding pressure. And setting a goal to lose 11 pounds in a week (or less) is ... uh ... unreal, at least it's unreal to me. Any day now, you're likely going to experience what most of us already experienced -- the dreaded three-week stall.

The hard truth about your weight loss is this: YOU don't get to determine how much weight you lose in a week. But you DO get to determine how much weight you lose in a year. :)

Your body will lose at the pace it wishes to lose.

Re the Water -- yes, we are pretty much in a state of near-dehydration post-op, since we're not eating the kinds of foods (high-carb foods with high sodium content) that we ate pre-op that tend to help us retain Water. So we constantly pee out what we are drinking.

I will admit that earlier on I hesitated to drink much water during the night because I wanted to see a lower number the next morning on the scale. Thank goodness, I'm now getting more water in overnight and feeling better.

All this stuff takes time to get used to. You are probably sick of hearing this, but the longer post-op I go the more I understand this advice: This is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Pace yourself.

Very best wishes to you. :)

P.S. Yes, post-op I did have trouble sleeping. But that's also settling out. BTW, I'm 10 weeks post-op.

I've been having trouble GETTING to sleep no matter how sleepy I am. Once I do I have a hard time waking up, but I was like that already! I think it's partly that I'm away from home and sleeping in a strange bed though. I am hopeful it will settle once I get back to my own home, my own bed, my sweetheart, and my fur babies.

6 miles isn't that impressive, I was doing 12 before the surgery.

It's not really that far. It does get boring so I try to go different routes, even make prescription drop offs, go by the post office, bank etc. I also carry a stun gun with me. Never needed it... but it makes me feel safe lol.

I worked today and had no issues. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it but it went just fine.

I don't even feel like I had surgery a week ago. In my mind, if I keep pushing, I'll reach my goal sooner. If I feel like I can't do it, I'm not going to let myself get hurt i'll def. stop and take a rest.

And let me add WOW! I took a picture of myself the day of surgery... then just took a pic. WOW! I have a chin again, :)

Post the pic! We want to help you celebrate!

Hi. YES, I find that I'm very dehydrated at night and sweating in my sleep. I wake up to wet pillows. I am 8 days post-op from Lapband to Sleeve conversion. And also find that I'm very cold even when temps are normal.

Hi. YES, I find that I'm very dehydrated at night and sweating in my sleep. I wake up to wet pillows. I am 8 days post-op from Lapband to Sleeve conversion. And also find that I'm very cold even when temps are normal.

I will. I'm being tortured by having to smell my family cooking delicious dinner... and I can't eat any of it LOL.

Bacon bites.... small pieces of steak wrapped in bacon.... fresh home made brownies... biscuits....green Beans....mashed potatoes & gravy... and it smells sooooo good... and they are all pencil stick skinny LOL