Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2014 Lap Ban Surgery ????

So far I am doing ok. Had to put my dog down today so that has been stressful. My CoCo was my little girl (toy puddle)???? Did a lot today dealing with that situation. Walking around really good, 350 steps already today. I did gain 3lbs, is that normal after surgery. Is the lap ban 3lbs?

I had 1/2 egg today and had 1/2 of Protein Drink so far.

So far I am doing ok. Had to put my dog down today so that has been stressful. My CoCo was my little girl (toy puddle)???? Did a lot today dealing with that situation. Walking around really good, 350 steps already today. I did gain 3lbs, is that normal after surgery. Is the lap ban 3lbs?

I had 1/2 egg today and had 1/2 of Protein drink so far.

I am so sorry about your beloved pet. What a hard time for you and right after surgery. Please be gentle with yourself and find some time for yourself.

To answer your question, yes a gain is pretty standard immediately after surgery. Don't expect any significant drop until at least three weeks post. You're swollen and filled with fluids and your body has basically been through a huge trauma. The weight WILL come off in a few weeks so just follow instructions and be patient. Try not to weigh too often. Kudos to you for walking. It makes a huge difference in pain management and weight loss. Take care.

I am 5 day post op and I am regretting the surgery. I am allowed pureed food but I am not really hungry, I aam able to get things down like eggs, chicken, even some chili but have to force myself to eat. A little depressed because I am not really enjoying food right now. Whenever I eat I feel like it just sits in my chest and I eat slow and it is pureed good and I even chew it good. I feel uncomfortable feeling in my chest most of the day. Will I always feel like this? I am drained most of the day and can not feel like my normal self. I thought I would be back to work this Monday but I have decided to stay out a few more days. I am just so depressed. I just want to feel like me.

Take heart, you will feel better son. It's a huge adjustment and it is still so new. Try walking around a bit between bites! Hang in there you made the right decision.

I just got banded yesterday (11/24) and was feeling pretty terrific immediately post-op with minimal pain and no n/v. Today different - LOTS of pain and phlegmy feeling remains in my throat due to intubation during surgery. I can't really cough hard because then my belly screams. I know it will dissipate over the next few days but I feel guilty resting again today when I really want to go for a long walk. But I am nervous that if I'm having this much pain I might cause a slippage or aggravate the surgical incision sites by walking today.

Any advice?

BABY steps literally. Don't over do it. It took me a couple of weeks to heal give your self time. :) WELCOME to the banded side!

Ok, I got into a skirt that I couldn't fit just a few weeks ago and I was able to zip up my boots all the way up my leg. That felt really good ????.

Awesome!, Ldimples!!! I went back to work today - 1 week post op - and was able to do pretty well except for my dress pants rubbing against my incisions. Did my 30 minutes of treadmill after work and my fitbit logged 10000+ steps for the day. I was hungry today but kept to my program. One day at a time I guess. Really looking forward to getting fill so I am not so hungry. But I think that's at least 5 weeks in the future.

Awesome!, Ldimples!!! I went back to work today - 1 week post op - and was able to do pretty well except for my dress pants rubbing against my incisions. Did my 30 minutes of treadmill after work and my fitbit logged 10000+ steps for the day. I was hungry today but kept to my program. One day at a time I guess. Really looking forward to getting fill so I am not so hungry. But I think that's at least 5 weeks in the future.

10000 + steps and 30 minutes you did outstanding. Saw my doctor today and my next appointment is 1/5 so no fill until then.

Hello, I thought I write an update. I am doing really good lost a total of 26.5 pounds pre/post op. I had gained 2 lbs once I stated eating again but that is normal. Have not had a fill yet, won't happen until sometime in January. So I am really trying to make sure that I can either stay at the same weight or continue to lose weight. Started working, not a hard workout but walking and riding my stationary bike at least four times a week while I watch the biggest loser.

About 3 weeks after the surgery I felt a lump in my breast, called the doctor immediately and got an appointment. Yesterday I went for the mammogram and a sonogram and the doctor was a little concerned on what he saw, so he decided to do a biopsy right away. I go back today to find out the results trying not to worry until I need to worry. Glad I will no one way or another today. The funny thing is I wanted to come home and eat my comfort food which is spaghetti but Instead I came home and had a Protein drink. ????

Hello, I thought I write an update. I am doing really good lost a total of 26.5 pounds pre/post op. I had gained 2 lbs once I stated eating again but that is normal. Have not had a fill yet, won't happen until sometime in January. So I am really trying to make sure that I can either stay at the same weight or continue to lose weight. Started working, not a hard workout but walking and riding my stationary bike at least four times a week while I watch the biggest loser.

About 3 weeks after the surgery I felt a lump in my breast, called the doctor immediately and got an appointment. Yesterday I went for the mammogram and a sonogram and the doctor was a little concerned on what he saw, so he decided to do a biopsy right away. I go back today to find out the results trying not to worry until I need to worry. Glad I will no one way or another today. The funny thing is I wanted to come home and eat my comfort food which is spaghetti but Instead I came home and had a Protein drink. ????

I'm thinking of you today and wishing you the best. Let us know. Try not to worry. ((Hugs))

Well it has been a long day. The news is not good. I have breast cancer. I am still a little surprised of course, most people are. I don't want to freak myself out, I will take one visit at a time. The breast center is really good. They are moving so fast with this. I already have an appointment with the surgeon with the oncologist and an MRI. All of these appointments are before the new year. The support from the people at the Center was great. As you can imagine most of the information that they are telling you is not making a lot of sense.

I was scheduled for my first fill 1/5, not sure about that at this point. I am going to call my doctor on Friday or Monday. I know this sounds crazy but I did so much to get to this point with my lap ban, what now. Am I in denial about the cancer why am I focused on the lap band at this point I think I still don't believe it.

My husband, son and Mom are really having a hard time. I keep telling them I will be ok. I will be a survivor with the pink shirt I'm going to be okay. One appointment at a time.

I am so sorry. You are a fighter and you will beat this. We are here for you to get support. My prayers are for you today.

Ldimples, I am sorry for this very difficult news - especially at a time of year where people are generally celebrating the holidays, etc. Getting this type of news is devastating and whatever you are feeling I want you to know it is OK. Normal reactions to an abnormal situation. This is what I do for a living - I am a RN who sees patients in hospitals who have recently gotten a diagnosis that is scary and fills folks with fear and anxiety.

One of the things I want you to HEAR is that the treatments for breast cancers today are MUCH more effective and more tolerable overall. All of those donations to the Susan B. Komen foundation and others like it have advanced treatment options and effectiveness exponentially! This means HOPE. Great hope. I would suggest that you allow yourself some room to feel whatever you are feeling and take time to allow others to help you while you get past the initial shock of this diagnosis. This is not easy for many of us but it is important, not just for you, but for those who love you to feel that they are helping in a situation that makes many people feel that they are helpless.

Please know my prayers are with you and that you have many on this forum who will be here for you while you overcome the next steps which will bring you back to health.

Prayers and blessings,

Mary