Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does the back and feet pain go away?

Hi Folks, after surgery I started having back and feet pain. My doctor is not concerned but I cant sleep at night. I had my surgery on the 9th or October and there has been a lot of pain. Im doing good except for the new pains. Didnt have them like this before the operation. I was told the back pain would go away if I had the surgery. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm only a month out and have had some mild back pain. My plantar fasciitis flared up before my surgery and is still giving me problems but I'm trying to fight through it and keep up with my exercise.

I have 2 good friends who are 3 and 4 years out from surgery and both of them have said their back hurt pretty much the entire first year. Your body has to readjust its posture as you lose weight and it can cause aches and pains you may not have had before. That's probably why your doctor isn't worried; however, if the pain is so bad you can't sleep I would ask your doctor what your options are to relieve the pain. It might be worth seeing a physical therapist for some stretches or exercises that might help.

Ya I've had back problems before surgery and my Dr. Told me if I loose weight, my back would feel better. Not..... it still hurts even after loosing 130 lbs.

My brother seems to think the maddening itching that goes on at night with the pain is healing. He is a smart fellow and I agree. After surgery there has been no follow up for me. My questions dont deserve a answer, and I was told I would complian no matter how good I was treated. My docotors ego got hurt when I asked about the complications and direct questions about the procedure. I had to fire him.Im on my second doctor now and he does not want anything t do with the surgery, so Im going to fire him Monday. I am 3 weeks out post op. I have found a fountain of information on the various support groups I am a member of. I was not recieving help before I changed doctors. I have talked with the hospital, and refered the matter to the State Medical Board and the Organization responsible for certifying the hospital. While its agreed this is not in tune with the Patients Bill of Rights. No one has yet to fix the problem. I only added this because folks say talk to you doctor. I wish I could. I am a veteran and there is a stupid sign on my forehead. I will get answers, as I have now contacted a attorney. But really should it need be that complicated? If all these people I have talked to over several weeks cant help. My last words to my docotor was he could have taken care of this the first week when it all happened. I think we have to take responsibility for our health and the bad decisions we made that ended up here in the first place. There is no physcological help to treat the bad behavoir. So it is up to the individual to make the difference and make the operation a success. So I will always keep asking questions and doing the best I can. My situation is not normal. I hope anyone reading this knows the operation does exactly what it says it does. Unfortunately I can not ask a doctor at this time for help. But I will keep trying.

Edited by jd88047

My back pain has only started to ease up in the last couple of weeks.

I've had problems for many years, but had been told numerous times that losing weight would resolve it. After 8 months and losing over 200 lbs, I'm finally starting to believe some of it.

It definitely hasn't gone away and I don't imagine that happening any time soon, but it isn't near as debilitating as it used to be and seems much more bearable now, so I'm just hoping things continually get better as time goes by.