Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Suspense is Killing Me!

So after running out of the hospital in terror like a crazy person on my surgery date last week, I am here this week desperately trying to reschedule.

The scheduler told me on Monday she could make it for next week and she'd call me Monday afternoon or Tuesday. I heard nothing. I called, left messages. Still nothing today. I feel like I'm being punished for chickening out last week. Or maybe she's just busy, but I am dyin' over here!

I am also on week 3 of 4 on my pre-op diet, since I never stopped doing it in hopes of rescheduling ASAP. Good news is I've lost 3 more lbs since Friday. Bad news is I AM SO HUNGRY NOW. Pre-op diet was easy for the first week and a half or so, but starting to get hard. :(

Anyone else approved and anxiously awaiting the phone call to schedule? I am going crazy over here!

So after running out of the hospital in terror like a crazy person on my surgery date last week, I am here this week desperately trying to reschedule.

The scheduler told me on Monday she could make it for next week and she'd call me Monday afternoon or Tuesday. I heard nothing. I called, left messages. Still nothing today. I feel like I'm being punished for chickening out last week. Or maybe she's just busy, but I am dyin' over here!

I am also on week 3 of 4 on my pre-op diet, since I never stopped doing it in hopes of rescheduling ASAP. Good news is I've lost 3 more lbs since Friday. Bad news is I AM SO HUNGRY NOW. Pre-op diet was easy for the first week and a half or so, but starting to get hard. :(

Anyone else approved and anxiously awaiting the phone call to schedule? I am going crazy over here!

I hope they call you soon. I am aslo waiting on a date and am not leaving my phone at all lol. What kind of diet are you doing?

I'm sorry to that you got scarred and ran.

My surgeons office only does the surgery twice a week and his next opening in in January. So maybe they are having a hard time finding a spot. My surgery date was scheduled 3 months in advance.

Do hope things go well for you and you get your date soon.

Good luck!

I'm sorry to that you got scarred and ran.

My surgeons office only does the surgery twice a week and his next opening in in January. So maybe they are having a hard time finding a spot. My surgery date was scheduled 3 months in advance.

Do hope things go well for you and you get your date soon.[/quote

May I ask what state you are in? ?? That sounds exactly like my situation. I have been so discouraged that it was dated or so far...

I'm in Elizabethtown KY. But I go to a different town for my bariatrics, here I had to have a recommendation from my dr to see a wl doctor! Out there he saw me and it went on through.

I do hope you get your date soon

Sorry they are not getting back to you! Mine took forever it feels like. I got approved by ins on 9/5, didn't even get a phone call from the scheduler until 9/18 and then the dr didn't have anything open until 10/20, which I ended up with. Good luck, hope you hear back from the office soon!

Got my date! Halloween. Eep!

I am going to ask for anti-anxiety meds this time.

@@zcortes21 I am doing a liquid diet, 1200 cal or less per day, low carb, low fat. I did that for almost 3 weeks and lost 16 lbs. Since my surgery isn't until the 31st now, I can have a few days of real food (YUSSS!) before going back on all liquids. But I hope I don't gain any of the weight back.

All pre-op diets are different. From what I understand, I got a pretty lenient one.

I'm glad you finally got a new date!

I was literally just telling my brother about you ten minutes ago lol. Good luck and DONT run away this time!!

Sorry they are not getting back to you! Mine took forever it feels like. I got approved by ins on 9/5, didn't even get a phone call from the scheduler until 9/18 and then the dr didn't have anything open until 10/20, which I ended up with. Good luck, hope you hear back from the office soon!

I am also scheduled on Oct 20. I went in with everything done to schedule in August. My dr told me that day he had to go home to India for "how long he didn't know" to deal with personal family issues. I seriously cried. He had scheduled me in November hoping he would be back for an appointment but I heard through the grapevine that he was returning and got his first available appointment! Good luck!

You're going to do great next time! You've already been through a big chunk of the scary stuff so you'll know what to expect :)