Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size zero - har!

In Houston there is a plus size store that uses sizes 0 and up instead of XL or double digest numbers

Yes woowoo, you are correct, some clothing in a size two today is our modern 12. That would have made her between 2 and size 6.

Crazy right?

Marilyn Monroes "Stats"

Studio Measurements: 37-23-36 (inches), 93.9 – 58.4 – 91.4 (centimeters) Dressmaker Measurements: 35-22-35 (inches), 88.9 – 55.8 – 88.9 (centimeters) Hair: Natural Brown, dyed Blonde Eyes: Blue Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches, 166.62 (centimeters) Weight: 118 pounds 53.5 kilograms Dress size: 12 Pant Size: 8 Shoe Size: 7AA (US) 38-39 (European) Bra Size: 36D

Info copied from: http://www. marilynmonroepages. com/facts/

Edited by LilMsDiva Irene Rny

Isn't 0X the same as a size 16?

A 1x is a 14/16W, so a 0x would be a 12W on the standard plus size scale. Torrid carries a 12W. Land's End also carries a 0x. In women's sizes I'm a 1x. But in misses sizes I'm an XL, which is a 16/18. I'd rather wear the 16/18 misses than the 14/16W.

Edited by Forsythia

I'm 6ft tall and weigh 157ish. Vanity sizing got me into a size 6 jeans. I ain't hating it.

Susan

I wish I still had an old catalog to compare what a size was back in the 90's!

Some of the plus size stores are hilarious with that. Was it Fashion Bug or Avenue that went to single digits? I had such a hard time figuring out what size pants I wore. I was like, dudes, don't make me guess - I'm fat and it's hard work to try on all this crap!

And Woman Within is marked so big when I accidentally got my normal size in a coat one year, it hung to my knees. I'm just biding my time until I can squeeze my lard into their idea of a medium. Psychological warm-n-fuzzies and all! :)

I would love to take an XL. To be able to buy clothes in any store would be great????

I found boxes and boxes of old clothes up in the attic this past weekend while getting down the holiday stuff. I was thrilled as it was all stuff from high school (circa 1985-1989) and the 90's I wore before kids and gained weight. The sizes (back then) ranged from size 10-14. I currently weigh 164 pounds and have been fitting into a modern size 10. Back in 1997 when I last weighed that amount, my jeans were a 14. Almost every item of clothing I tried on in those boxes were tight on me! Regardless, my current size 10's are smaller than the current size 20's I was wearing 8 months ago! :)

Marilyn Monroe was size 14.

Yeah but a 14 in 1950-whatever is like a size 6 today. She was tiny.

@@swimbikerun Considering that I was at one point a size 28, yes, a size 6 is tiny. Hell, I look at my size XL clothes and they seem small to me. Tiny is a matter of perspective.