Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 1/2 years out from sleeve. Since 10 months out I've had horrid esophageal spasms, GERD, bile reflux, acid reflux, and gastritis. I've learned to control the spasms with medication and drinking sips of Water really fast. I've been fighting this for a long time and every surgeon says I have only one option, and that is to revise. I know the revision will help the GERD but the esophageal spasms ... not so much. As many of you know, I lost my husband to cancer on June 8th. He was 48 years old. My life is upside down. I put off taking care of this problem because he was so sick and I had to take care of him. I'm in such pain every day and I just don't know what to do. I've also gained 25 pounds back by drinking sugary coffee. I don't eat and I'm malnourished. I know y'all have heard all of this before. My main focus is feeling better. I could care less about my weight now. I'm just tired of the pain. If I have to do this surgery, I will have to pay out of pocket. The insurance I had when I had the sleeve didn't pay and the insurance I have now isn't going to. This will be 25,000 which I will have to use my husbands life insurance to do. I'm disabled because of my back now and I live on a fixed income.

I guess I'm writing this because I need ALL the feedback from anyone that had revision to bypass from sleeve and I need to know the good, bad, and ugly. Please be honest and help me with this decision. I can't keep going like this. I just can't

I'm trying to get in with a new surgeon because my old one moved to Florida. It is so hard getting in with this particular surgeon I want to see so I have no idea if and when that will happen. I may have to go to the surgeon that took my surgeons place. I really don't want to. I'm scared to death but I'd rather not live if I have to live like this with this pain every day of my life.

I've heard horror stories about the bypass and the sleeve. I know there are risks with everything.

Thank you in advance for all of your input!

one option, and that is to revise

http://www.bariatric...help/?p=3517916

found this

interesting thread :unsure:

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm just so sorry for all you've been through. So many hugs.

Lil Miss Diva/Irene just did sleeve to bypass revision and is v. Happy with it.

I need more feedback. I know Little Miss Diva had to revise. I follow her on Facebook. I should contact her. Thank you :). I hope I get some more responses. I know a lot of people have had to revise so I hope they chime and and give me their experiences. I know of a few people. Some doing well some not. I'm older and I think the younger you are the better you have a chance to do well. Not always the case but I'm sure it helps.

Edited by Lisa's Hope

I'm getting ready to do the same thing for the same reason :) sleeved 9/26/12 never lost more then 30/40 lbs . Lisa hope whays Divas face book if you don't mind?

Edited by ArtSong

Virgin sleeve not sure what that is but I had it two years ago no band before or anything. I have bronchial spasm from my gerd atm.

Another sleeve to bypass is Susan, one of the admins here. I will try to find her user name so you can contact her.

Lynda

*susan* You can search for her under members tab and leave her a private message.

lynda

Hope everything goes well with all your search and finding a doctor sorry you been through so much and I'm sorry for your lose

Lost

Virgin sleeve not sure what that is but I had it two years ago no band before or anything. I have bronchial spasm from my gerd atm.

Not sure what that means either.. lol I too have spasms.. They are so painful. Let me know how you do!:)

Hope everything goes well with all your search and finding a doctor sorry you been through so much and I'm sorry for your lose

Thank you so much! <3

Lisa happy I'm not the only one with them odd and creepy spasms the cough from them is insane.

Hi

have not been on here in a while. I did have the sleeve done and lost 100lbs at least but now have re gained to the point that i m looking into having a gastric bypass done. i should have an appointment soon.