Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Just something they gave us at work I thought I would share.

Make a Fresh Start: 10 Tips

Tuning in to what motivates you can help you make a big change, such as quitting smoking, losing weight, starting an exercise program or reducing stress.

1. Know yourself. Think about what drives you. You may feel pride in a job well done, enjoy getting praise from others or be inspired to change by a personal event.

2. Choose realistic goals. Look toward results that are specific and reachable. “I will lose 10 pounds by the summer” is easier to reach than a general one such as “I want to be thinner.”

3. Take one step at a time. Break down large goals into small steps. If you want to reduce stress, you might start by learning one new calming technique, crossing one item off your to-do list or setting up a space in your home for quiet reflection.

4. Set a time frame. Mark your start date and deadlines on your calendar.

5. Build confidence. Do easy tasks first to create a positive attitude.

6. Recall your purpose. Why are you making this change? Perhaps you want to feel and look better, live longer so you’ll enjoy your grandchildren, have more energy or be successful at work. Use your values as inspiration.

7. Cut out distractions. Make reaching your goal a priority. Schedule it into your day like any other appointment. Recognize that you might need to get more rest and cut back on obligations as you work toward your goal.

8. Plan for setbacks. Know that the road may be bumpy. Decide now what you’ll do when you have a tough day, such as calling a friend or doing something special for yourself.

9. Ask for help. Set up a support network of people you trust who can help you meet your goal.

10. Reward yourself. Every accomplishment, no matter how small, deserves recognition.

hey everyone. long time no talk. only have a minute thought id give a brief update

had my 2nd fill on 1-2-08. as of the 11th i've lost 5 lbs since the fill. im averaging 1.77 lbs since sept 24th!!!! total loss of 26 lbs feelin pretty good.

Bozlee thanks for the good post.

I think # 8 is one that a lot of people do not think about and plan for a variety of reasons.

Chris

Bumping us up from the second page. Hope all is well. Anyone doing anything special for MLK weekend? We are going out to the open desert to ride our quads. Should be fun I hopefully. lol

Anyway, I did have good news the other morning I reached my Goal, actually I went under by 1 lbs It took me 26 months, I am so happy I have lost 129 lbs. I never thought I could do it. If I lose another 7 lbs I would have lost half my body weight. OK, so here is the #'s Highest 272, At banding 258, Goal 144 to date 143.

Well everyone, have a great weekend, and keep it safe I want to see you back here.

DEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fantastic!!!! To have reached your goal is an amazing accomplishment! You have got to be feeling stoked!

Congratulations.

As for the weekend me and the GF are heading to Vegas tomorrow!

Hey all:

I am having surgery 2/12 in beautiful Palm Springs. Luckily I live here in the area (Indio) with my wonderfully supportive partner of almost 15 years. I was excited to see this group posting and will absolutely check back often. We have struggled to establish a feeling of community here in our first few years.

I am looking forward to surgery and would listen to any and all helpful hints. I loved the list and travel about 80% for my job which also includes the foodservice inductry and way too many lunches and dinners out...I am absolutely committed to the Band as a boost to my life quality!

Looking forward to further connections.

Hi - new to the board and very surprised to see this thread but VERY happy to see it!

I have surgery in 2 days!

My partner and I have been together 5 1/2 years. She's still struggling with the idea of surgery - she tries to be supportive but at times.... trials of the human relationship! LOL

Looking forward to meeting fellow GLBT Banders!!!

Hey all:

I am having surgery 2/12 in beautiful Palm Springs. Luckily I live here in the area (Indio) with my wonderfully supportive partner of almost 15 years. I was excited to see this group posting and will absolutely check back often. We have struggled to establish a feeling of community here in our first few years.

I am looking forward to surgery and would listen to any and all helpful hints. I loved the list and travel about 80% for my job which also includes the foodservice inductry and way too many lunches and dinners out...I am absolutely committed to the Band as a boost to my life quality!

Looking forward to further connections.

Howdy Neighbor! Are you having the surgery w/ Dr. Bobby? He is brillant! PM me if your interested to chat. I know they are starting a Band support group early Feb! Good luck! Also, on LBT is IndioGirl 55 she is wonderful, also from Indio and a Dr. Bobby patient. Keep in touch!

Welcome Mista and everyone else newly joining! Getting busy over here...love it!

Juli, hope you all are having fun in Vegas. We talked last week about driving out and calling you guys when we were there, but Susanne's parents decided to come in this weekend. I am not complaining...MIL brings kick ass food (naughty naughty). Anyway, wanna hear about it! Win big!

Today is mom's birthday so we are off to buy flowers and take them to cemetary. OH freakin Joy! Then we are gonna come home and work on a puzzle and listen to some music. Sounds good huh?

Have a great day! Mista...good luck on surgery. Hope to hear from you Workin!

xoxoxox

thought i'd go a lil further w/ my update.

i'm now down 30 lbs.

the part i didnt go into in my last post.... well bout 2 months ago my g/f broke up with me. we were together 2 years. we still live together and are still friends. she however is now with my best friend. its hard and its a struggle everyday. i moved on... i have a wonderful g/f now, i've known her for a while... and we've just recently decided to be exclusive. so my life not only changed drastically w/ the band but then this. so its be a struggle. stress sometimes causes me issues when eating i've noticed. if i'm upset or stressed my food is more likely to get stuck. so i'm working on that.

i hope everyone is doing very well!

Workinonit

I too am a food service chica, what is it that you do? I'm in school right now to get my MBA so I can get away from where to food is served to some other part of the business...WELCOME!

Pamela,

Alison asked if you two were going to meet us. It would have been a fantastic treat to see you, especially last minute. We did meet a Vegas woman from LBT, Paula, and she was fun. Not queer but a riot and a nice addition to my LBT friend collection! You were the first! :lol:

Howdy the rest of yas.

Hey Ya'll Penney here! Checking in. Well, It has been nearly two weeks since I was banded. Today was a pretty good day. But I am noticing that I am able to eat way too much stuff. I have lost good up until a few days ago and now I am at a stand still. I actually gained 2 pounds like 3 days ago but I lost it back. But I am staying hungry now. I do not get my fill untill the 22 of February. That may be a problem. Its like I don't even have a band around my stomach at all. I don't like that part of this thing. Has anyone else had this problem? I feel hungry and I eat but its like less than 30 minutes later I am hungry again so I drink a shake then I am hungry again right after that. I need help. I am only eating like a total of one meal a day. But I am not losing and I am so hungry. I eat about 2 cups of food at lunch when it should be like a 1/4 cup. Whats wrong with me? What can I do to stop this until I get the fill? Any suggestions? Oh and to the new friends here. Good Luck and welcome....

Penney,

You are in bandster hell. You'll see lots of posts on that. No you don't have restriction, well not much, and your tummy isn't swollen from the surgery anymore.

You are using words like "about" and "like"...perhaps you should measure your food for a meal or two so you know literally what you are eating. Or you can just relax about it until you get your fill. Sounds like you are hoping on the scale often too. Again, relax...you'll get there. You're fine.

bump lets do the bump, bump.

I have been in jury duty all week yuck, hope to get the case next week.

Hope everyone is doing ok,

Keep it safe