Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Good for you and I am glad everything is good.

That's how my excursion started, I was having a lot of tenderness and some outright pain. At first I thought I pulled something at the gym, but it didn't go away so I went to the doctor. He was unsure of what the problem was so he ordered a mamo and sono. There was such a change from last year's mamo that the radiologist could not use the films for a comparison so he looked very carefully at the mamo and sono and found the lump. It was partially cystic (fluid) and partially solid and it was vascularized (had blood flow to it). That scared me! I had already had a hysterectomy years before, so I was not taking hormones and I don't drink caffeine at all, so I couldn't figure out why my breasts were hurting so badly. The doc said the soreness was likely from the flood of hormones from the weight loss.

Fortunately, it was only atypical hyperplasia (malformed cells in the ducts). They do have to watch this closely, but in all it was good news.

Good luck to everyone when you get your exams. Don't wait, call now and make the appointment.

Hey Everyone~

Juli~ You are rockin that weight loss girl...amazing. I am very proud of you! What do you eat? I am working out 3-4 times a week, eating about 12-1500 cal./day and the scale is not moving. My clothes however are...nothing fits. If I do wear something, I kinda look like a bag lady. It is pretty funny and I am not complaining. About 2x/week, I put clothes in "the bag" that I will never be able to wear again. So, I am not really complaining...but would love to see the scale move.

Good to see all the new people. Welcome to our little piece of the planet.

Been sooo busy! Susanne retires in a couple of months so we've spent a ton of time and $ on our house. It is pretty fun and I can't wait until she finally moves in!

Take care everyone! Glad I found this thread again!

xoxoxoxo

Pamela,

It's going to be so sweet when S moves home for good! You've got to be buggin' out of your mind about that.

A is talking of getting a job in Chicago and buying a place in Columbus with me. Coming home to me on the weekends and being with her mom in Chicago during the week. It's a couple years away but has be dreaming already...

When I'm good about food, which I'm just getting back to, I eat about 1300-1400 calories a day. I've been drinking the Water religously and working out like a maniac. I'm really trying to see 190 by my band surgery anniversary. It's a stretch goal, but I'm keeping my head down and holding my breath between here and there. My weight loss slowed way down from October to January. Too many holidays, too much resting on my past success, or something. Anyway, that's what I'm up to now, to answer your question.

School is rocking for me. Starting my MBA program this week. The kiddo is good.

XO to you and everyone else on this thread. Love ya, my family!

Juli- congrats on getting back on track! 14lbs in 6 weeks is doable with the band, good luck. It is great that you are working on your MBA, I got mine in 1999, and now I teach at a local college. If you need a resource for any of your classes, I am available to help as needed. It keeps my gray matter moving to recall some of the info that fell victim to "post exam core dumps". (Ha)

Best of luck to you!

Laura

There is a physical reason for the depression, in addition to all of the emotional changes that losing weight, losing favorite foods, and sometimes friends (eating buddies) brings about. Our bodies store hormones (and lots of other nasty things) in our fat tissue and as we start to lose weight that all gets released. If there is enough junk or you lose fast enough, your mind and body get flooded with chemical rushes it doesn't know what to do with. Then the tide may suddenly shift and the levels may fall dramatically, it's like being pregnant or menopausal (regardless of you sex).

WOW, this is very interesting information to know. Looks like my body did the sudden shift as you will see. I think I will be watching my moods. Well, after ending up in the ER, it changed a lot of things for me. I never want to be in that kind of pain again or have a gain. Since then, I started eating right and walking almost every night (i hope it will be every night soon). I went back to the doctor this week (2 weeks after my initial 6 lb weight gain, in which he gave me a fill and he later removed it). I stepped on the scales and loved it. Eating right, thinking positive and exercising helped me lose 14 POUNDS in two weeks. I could not believe it. I am down almost 50 lbs. I look forward to going on walks because I get a chance to think about all the choices I have made and need to make in my future. I am sure losing that much in two weeks was odd, so my goal for next month is to lose a total of 10 pounds. Keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Wow Bozlee, that is great progress! And I love your quote about missing your mind, I use that all the time too. Unfortunately, its true. :-} I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Remember, you have lots of support on this site and there is almost always someone here to listen.

Laura

Hi all. I had my initial consult on Thursday and am now looking forward to my journey. I am having surgery done by Dr., Z. at Summa in Akron, Ohio. The estimate I have been given is a three month supervised weight loss and exercise program, followed by insurance approval, pre-op tests and liquid diet. They tell me that my operation will most likely be in the early-mid July time-frame. I hope that it goes that smoothly given some of the posts I've read in these forums. My partner of 18 years had a gastric bypass 18 months ago and his pre-op stuff took about a year from his first visit. We'll see if I can beat that time. .. Tom from Akron

Hi Tom,

I'm Juli from Columbus. Glad you found the thread!

I hope you beat his time frame as well. :)

Hi Everyone, I'm Annie from St Louis. I was just banded on the 25th of January. I am really glad I found this thread. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am feeling good, a little sore where my port is. I get my staples out tomorrow. I wish they would have used stiches instead. Talk to you later. Thanks to whomever started this thread. A

Welcome Cosmo, and Jen, you will find a lot of help here and you are among family.

Ok, so who is getting a three day weekend? Not me. I get a 4 day the following weekend. We are going to go camping at the beach, hope the weather will continue to improve, It was very nice today.

Also started a new exercise Aqua Aerobics, what a blast. Have been able to do a full hour. Hope to blast the bat wings, and the apron off. I know it will take some time, I really don't want to have the ps, I will work on it for a year then I will consider having it done.

Ok, well I rambled long enough. I was just checking in and then I ramble.

Let us know how you are doing.

Stay safe everyone.

Gee's Since they have moved this thread, there has been very little action. I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day. :heart:Me and my sweetie are taking off for the weekend to the beach for a little r&r, it is a four day weekend. Yepeeeeeee:party:

I have to go and get a little unfill, I have been to tight for the last 3 weeks and have fallen 10 lbs under my goal, which I think is a good thing, but the wife does not like my looks, says I am too skinny. I am 5'6" and weigh 135 I am still in range. If I go under I think 128, then we may really have an issue but I really don't think that will happen.

Ok, well you all need to check in, Let me know how you are all doing.

:mellow::cursing::wub:

Oh, what it must feel like to be under goal? Amazing, I'm sure.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I see my honey tomorrow! Yee Haw.