Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Thank you so much for this new GLBT Lab bander thread. Since not only am I gay but also have a hair lip & a club foot, do you think it appropiate for me to post here or should I start a GLBT Club Foot, Hair Lip Badster thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipper64 viewpost.gif

Hmmmmm....GLBTHLCF...

I like it! Don't know how many replies you'll get, but it GLBTHLCF does have a ring to it...

BTW, if you're gunning for the role of Official Smart Ass, it's already taken. By ME! biggrin1.gif But you can certainly give it a shot! At any rate, welcome.gif

Now that I've been all cheery and welcoming, I need to vent a little. Today is Sean's birthday, so I've been planning on cooking dinner, giving him his present, then giving him his um, "present"... heh.gif Anyway, we were late leaving for Sea World on Friday because of a client's server issue. Well, guess what? Same server, different issue tonight. So it's almost 7:00 and I have no idea when he'll be home. angry.gif I am SOO pissed. Sometimes I hate owning a business...

Ohh, we're at the bottom of the page again. This won't do. :bump:

Damm, I missed it. Sorry, I fell down on the job. lol.

Did you ever get Sean's Birthday dinner or was it all dried out and cold. I know how you feel about having your own business, Sandy is a Realtor, I help her out a lot I have my license but someone needs to have a steady pay check. When times where really good, her phone would not stop ringing, thank god it still rings but not at all of the hours of the day. The weekends are the worst, we could have plans for a movie or dinner and they will interrupted by someone wanting something. "Family" are user and abusers. They always want something for free, or we will invest a lot of time with them, or even money and then they will pull out of the contract. We had that happen twice in the last year. I am almost to the point where if another lesbian couple want us to sell there home I am going to tell them to go knock on someone else door.

WOW, sorry I did not mean to vent like that. Don't know where that came from.

Yeah Dee, I know what you mean about folks that want something for nothing. My main experience has been with friends though. As soon as they hear that Sean does computer consulting, they want him to "come over and fix such and such." He came up with the perfect answer, which we now both use: "You couldn't afford me/him." It's amazing how that shuts people up! He doesn't do any personal work - it's all for business clients, so since the work is much more advanced the rates are much higher. We do give a "family" discount, but we've really never had anyone ask for it. Business owners know the cost of doing business and don't generally expect us to cut them a break.

But I digress.

Sean did make it home for dinner - believe it or not, all he wanted was meatloaf, and it didn't even have to be homemade. So it wasn't! I bought a box of frozen mini-meat loaves and stuck them in the oven. I did make one of his (and my) favorite veggies, Brussels sprouts and made mashed potatoes for the kids. Again, I cheated and used instant - that is so not like me; I usually use Yukon Golds and mash them by hand. I really took the easy way out that night. At any rate, he liked dinner and his presents (no "present" - he wasn't interested :omg:) & cards. Ana as usual, our son didn't even remember it was his birthday. Of course let us try and forget his...

Yesterday was even worse. Kaitie wrecked her car on the way to school. We had just paid over $1,000 for some mechanical work we had to have done on her car and Sean took her with along to pay so she could drive to school. It was rainy and wet, and the line of cars in front of her stopped suddenly and in her panic to try and stop, she hit the accelerator instead of the brake pedal. Oh, did I mention she's had her license less than two weeks? That earned her a $130-someting ticket and a trip to the 4-hour driving school to keep the points off her new license. Then to top it al off, Sean didn't get home until after 10:00 last night. At least tonight he was here at a more normal time. Tomorrow should be much calmer. I get off work at 1:45 and am getting a massage at 3:00, not that I need it or anything. :tired

So, how it everyone else's week going? Anyone care to try and top mine??

Oh Ed...

I'm so sorry about your crappy week! At least there were no injuries.

Today I resigned from my job which I've had for 17.5 yrs....thought I was going to throw up!

My sweetie and I decided that I could quit and play mommy...a role that this 43-year-old-no-kids-of-her-own woman is just starting to get the hang of after 2 years of practice. I'm scared shitless for a few reasons, the main reason being that I have always been the "responsible" bread winner in my past relationships. I figure, though, that I'm damned lucky to have been given this chance to do something completely different with my life...*sigh*

Now, the scary part--telling my parents.

(I know, we never really do grow up)

Wow, I've just had to write papers for school and get prepared for a nutritional audit (they do those things at your children's school cafeterias) where I run around collecting labels off of every item we serve.

Aside from that, life's good. No car accidents and no life changing job quittings.

Good luck with those you guys.

My name is Lisa and I've been with my very supportive partner for 4 years. Having a supportive partner can mean so much in our Quest in getting slim and fit.

I'm now in a wheelchair due to a severe accident, but hope that the band will help me lose some of my weight that has been gained from my inactivity. Who knows, it my ever make a difference in my walking ability (I can walk a bit).

Just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to meet everyone.

Hey Family~

I know I've been invisible lately...swamped w/ work and I started teaching my online class this week...man o man...supposed to be a part time job, I am working 5-6 hours a day. I am getting a vulgar amount of money, and I know once I get the hang of it, it will get easier. But wowser:faint::faint:.

Welcome Lisa~ Jump in and post often. I hope this band journey is successful for you.

I've been freakin naughty this week. Did you all know candy makes you fat? I did. Put on a pound and have been too busy to go to my dance class. On that note, I am walking out of here in 7 minutes to go for the first time this week. I am actually looking forward to it.

I can't believe I am gonna post these, but I am. The first 2 were from yesterday, and the other one was from last week. Don't laugh tooooo hard!

peaceout

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

halloween1.bmp

halloween2.bmp

post-213814-13813135775772_thumb.jpg

OMG, Connie...er, Pamela! (Connie Conehead, for those of you too young to remember the Coneheads, the Bump or the Hustle) That is too freakin hilarious!! Sean and I just dressed up as a couple of queers passing out candy... :heh:

Lisa, welcome aboard! I guess our little family here isn't quite so little anymore... :confused:

What has been up with this web site? I had been trying to get on since last night.

Glad to see it finally back on line.

Hope all had a great weekend.

OMG OMG.. ITS STEVEE FREAKIN OUT AGAIN! i know i know ya'll are so used to this. i'm STARVING! i feel like i could eat a horse! i just know i've gained some weight back but i refuse to weigh until its time for a fill. i called this morning. i go on the 20th for my first fill! tell me i'm normal please...